Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
State of the Franchise Presentation - 11AM Today

That's just sad.

Have you seen my baseball?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here come the Shipyards

;

;

Glad to hear they've resubmitted an RFP to the city for the shipyard project.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

In shipyards proposal the Hart expressway would be brought to ground level near the stadium and returned to elevation west of the Maxwell House plant. 

Part of the west elevated roadway would be converted to an elevated park similar to the high line in NYC.

I doubt there any other serious offers. This is an expensive venture, and the city has been burned too many times by groups incapable of truly developing that space.

;

;

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/FCN2go'>First Coast News‏<span style="font-size:.9em;"><span style="background-color:transparent;color:rgb(29,161,242);">Verified account</span> </span>@FCN2go </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/FCN2go/status/839521918676045824' title="12:03 PM - 8 Mar 2017">1m1 minute ago</a>
<div>
<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p class="">Lamping: We are being very aggressive with interfacing the river. The river is unique to our community and we should show it off.

<p class=""> 

<p class="">------------------

<p class=""> 

<p class="">Mentioned Hogan's creek access as well.

Kayaking and Canoeing at Hogans Creek. lol dreamland

Quote:In shipyards proposal the Hart expressway would be brought to ground level near the stadium and returned to elevation west of the Maxwell House plant. 

Part of the west elevated roadway would be converted to an elevated park similar to the high line in NYC.

This would be a good thing to any development. And it's something a lot of communities are doing. 

;

;

[Image: 2z7q0ib.jpg]This is looking back toward the stadium with the Hart bridge in the distance.

To the left are the elevated drive lanes adjoined to the pedestrian elevated area.

To the right the bridge structure is a pedestrian bridge connecting the shipyards waterfront to the river walk area they hope to extend to meet at that point. 

Quote:A franchise qb can make an offense with a avg to bad offense line still look good. ie, Peyton, Big Ben, Tom Brady, Rodgers

I completely agree. And as long as we have Bittles were gonna be a 5 win team.

Quote:I'll  say it 1000 times. Jacksonville fans have proven they're as dedicated and loyal as any fan base in the NFL. 60,000 people per game to watch a dumpster fire--there's no pretty way to say it. Last year was especially tough. So many of us thought we'd be taking a huge leap forward only to have....well, you know.

What happens to revenue and support when this team actually starts winning? What do you think the local TV ratings will be like when the Jags are in the conversation for Super Bowl contenders - instead of unfortunately, being the butt of national jokes?

The hard core fan base and support is already here - and I salute all of you for that.  If the Jags start winning, Everbank is going to be rocking so loud, you'll worry that it might come tumbling dow.

Does anyone know how many season ticket holders there are. Has it been mentioned or published somewhere?

It seems that since Khan took over a decision was made not to bring up any hard and fast numbers. Even before the blackouts were done away with by the league.

Perhaps I just missed some statement or publication. Just curious.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Will there be vollyball courts?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Go Cart tracks?

Have you seen my baseball?

Sprinkle machines!?

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

The RFP closes in 15 minutes so we will see how many proposals the city got. I am betting they only got 2-3 - This one from Khan, a semi-serious one that is lackluster, and then someone like the Ark guy.

Yup, there were 3 proposals submitted for the Shipyards. DTA meets next week so we will probably know more about the other two proposals by then at the latest.

I'm tellin' you ..... the more we suck, the more $$$ Shad pumps into downtown Jacksonville.  Heck, if we can suck long enough (e.g. 25 more years), we'll probably be in a position where we can host the World Cup ... lol.

Quote:Yup, there were 3 proposals submitted for the Shipyards. DTA meets next week so we will probably know more about the other two proposals by then at the latest.
We're still doing all of this?! I thought we passed this proposal period!!!

If we can't get excited about this team, because clearly, then bring on some strip malls chock full of mattress firms and nail places! WOOT

Quote:Coughlin is sweating like R Kelly at an 8th grade prom.
Loooooool

Quote:We're still doing all of this?! I thought we passed this proposal period!!!

If we can't get excited about this team, because clearly, then bring on some strip malls chock full of mattress firms and nail places! WOOT
Like seriously how many beds are bought in this damn town.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]