Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carson compares Syrian refugees to "rabid dogs"

Quote:So let me get this straight... You rail about how israel shouldnt exist, cite it as the inciting incident to sour us arab relations.

I then bring up the fact that you blamed jewish statehood (israel) as the root of all evil (youve repeatedly called them terrorists and murderers) and thats a gross fabrication?

Lol im not trying to imply anything. I simply brought up your past oppinions that some might find wanting.

I was wondering how you could miss that but then i saw the (my friend is smarter that the brain surgeon comment) and it made a lot more sense.
Just stop. As much as you'd love it if it were the case, I'm not anti-semitic, and having an educated (if unpopular) opinion on the formation of Israel and its ongoing US support does not make me so. And yes, any nation that responds to a single suicide bomber by having the military open fire on a village is a nation resorting to terrorism as a mode of national defense. That applies to Israel as much as it applies to any other nation which responds to a civilian attack in such a way.

Quote:He just doesn't care what people like you have to say about his opinions.  Believe me, he's smart enough to realize the PC Police will hang on his every word.  It doesn't take a neurosurgeon to realize that.  

I don't know what's uneducated about what he says, just because its unpopular with bleeding heart PC Police.  He's never claimed to be an expert on foreign politics and admits he's learning, but the media wants to play gotcha with him when it comes to it and religion.   I'm not religious, but I find it pretty vicious that so many would attack him because of his religious beliefs and are trying to basically force the man to denounce the bible and become an evolutionist.  The man is a devout Christian and the topic won't be dropped until the media debunks everything written in the bible in order to label him a looney and a fanatic.  
His religion is what it is, and while I don't begrudge any man his beliefs, it worries me when a Presidential candidate is standing up there saying that Earth is 4,400 years old and the pyramids are grain silos.

What bothers me is when he says that we should bomb America to stop illegal immigration, that Syrian refugees are rabid dogs, and that he knows so little about governing that his administration would basically be run by advisors who do have experience in the area.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Show me once where i said u were anti semetic? Just because i think your oppinion is wrong doesnt mean i attach an (ism).

You on the otherhand have called me xenophopic for not believing in open borders. Dont project your tendency for name calling onto me.

And interestingly enough, as usual, you didnt address the point.

There you go again. Why do you have to misstate an oppinion to disagree witg it?

Quote:Just stop. As much as you'd love it if it were the case, I'm not anti-semitic, and having an educated (if unpopular) opinion on the formation of Israel and its ongoing US support does not make me so. And yes, any nation that responds to a single suicide bomber by having the military open fire on a village is a nation resorting to terrorism as a mode of national defense. That applies to Israel as much as it applies to any other nation which responds to a civilian attack in such a way.

His religion is what it is, and while I don't begrudge any man his beliefs, it worries me when a Presidential candidate is standing up there saying that Earth is 4,400 years old and the pyramids are grain silos.

What bothers me is when he says that we should bomb America to stop illegal immigration, that Syrian refugees are rabid dogs, and that he knows so little about governing that his administration would basically be run by advisors who do have experience in the area.

I really couldn't care less about his views on those things. I get where you're coming from but it's not a big deal to me.

What do you mean bomb America? Explain that. I'd be interested in hearing what you're meaning with what Ben Carson has said.

Quote:I really couldn't care less about his views on those things. I get where you're coming from but it's not a big deal to me.

What do you mean bomb America? Explain that. I'd be interested in hearing what you're meaning with what Ben Carson has said.

Ben Carson said he'd consider drone strikes to destroy layup spots in the mountains that the Mexican drug trafficking organizations use.  It's been turned into Ben Carson would bomb America and immigrants.

Quote:His religion is what it is, and while I don't begrudge any man his beliefs, it worries me when a Presidential candidate is standing up there saying that Earth is 4,400 years old and the pyramids are grain silos.

So you would prefer a president who conceals his faith?  The pyramids have never been conclusively identified of their purpose to this day... Just sayin'.  

Who says that the next president has to be a politician?  It's the biggest reason why he's polling so well.  He's proven to be a great leader in the medical field and displays many admirable leadership qualities.  You don't have to be a career politician to make a great president - many former presidents never held office before the Oval Office.  The fact that Carson acknowledges his weaknesses and works to make it a strength is an admirable quality in a leader.

This Ben Carson is a stupid, psychopathic lying, nut job thing really needs to pass.  

For me.. Carson became unelectable when he read that droning answer to a question while reading a prepared statement from his iPhone at a podium when asked a question he was not capable of answering off the cuff. Even though many politicians have people who assist them with statements, you have to at least try to create the illusion the words you are saying are coming from somewhere within your own understanding of a situation. This was obviously someone else's words as he sounded like it was the first time he heard them. He seems like a nice guy, but he has already had to backtrack on a blatant lie (innocuous as it was) and seems to be really out of his element when asked about a lot of major issues presidents need to address. I understand why he is likable, but I don't get why people believe he resembles anything remotely presidential.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:For me.. Carson became unelectable when he read that droning answer to a question while reading a prepared statement from his iPhone at a podium when asked a question he was not capable of answering off the cuff. Even though many politicians have people who assist them with statements, you have to at least try to create the illusion the words you are saying are coming from somewhere within your own understanding of a situation. This was obviously someone else's words as he sounded like it was the first time he heard them. He seems like a nice guy, but he has already had to backtrack on a blatant lie (innocuous as it was) and seems to be really out of his element when asked about a lot of major issues presidents need to address. I understand why he is likable, but I don't get why people believe he resembles anything remotely presidential.

Which lie?  I've heard he's lying about everything from his books to his own name.

Quote:I really couldn't care less about his views on those things. I get where you're coming from but it's not a big deal to me.

I think things like having a 21st-century mindset about the way the world works are important in any government office.

Carson made comments about using drone strikes to bomb caves that illegal immigrants use as lay-ups. He never said anything about bombing immigrants. My problem with that comment is that much of the land on or near the border is some combination of private land, protected wildlife habitat and national park. For one, it shows how out-of-touch he is with the country that he's trying to run, and how limited his knowledge of border issues is. Two, bombing any of those areas would be somewhere between foolish and environmentally devastating. Three, aside from military training and that nitwit who got drunk and dropped a bomb on Naco, AZ, by mistake in the early 1900's, the United States has never bombed itself. It would set a frightening precedent.

Quote:So you would prefer a president who conceals his faith?  The pyramids have never been conclusively identified of their purpose to this day... Just sayin'.  

Who says that the next president has to be a politician?  It's the biggest reason why he's polling so well.  He's proven to be a great leader in the medical field and displays many admirable leadership qualities.  You don't have to be a career politician to make a great president - many former presidents never held office before the Oval Office.  The fact that Carson acknowledges his weaknesses and works to make it a strength is an admirable quality in a leader.

This Ben Carson is a stupid, psychopathic lying, nut job thing really needs to pass.  
Men of faith have made great Presidents. Thing is, those men of faith have been qualified for the job. I couldn't care less if the President is Christian, Jewish, Muslim, agnostic, pagan, satanic, whatever so long as the statements he makes and the policies he advocates are informed, intelligent and inclusive.

The next President doesn't have to be a politician. Frankly, I think that Trump would make the best President out of any of the Republican front-runners, and certainly better than Hillary Clinton would. I fear for a world in which I'm feeling compelled to vote for him to keep Hillary out of office, but I'd do it. That said, the leap from running a multi-national group of highly-successful corporations to running a government is much smaller than the jump from running a neurosurgery department to running the country. What it all boils down to is that I don't think he's qualified, I think anyone whose answer to foreign policy questions is, "I'll get advisors," should only see the White House as a tourist, and I question, based upon statements he's made, whether he's capable of making intelligent decisions in the capacity of the role he aims to fill. The "West Point scholarship" thing doesn't bug me in the least, because what he said is factually correct, even if the terminology wasn't. The comments about how awful a kid he was that don't jive with what those who knew him remember are a little concerning, but he certainly wouldn't be the first politician to tell a little white lie about his background to win some "redemption" votes. I honestly do believe that Carson is in completely over his head, he lacks the mindset to be an effective President, he lacks the credibility to sit down at a table with Vladimir Putin and come out not looking like a fool, he lacks the stones to handle ISIS, and electing him President would be a colossal mistake.

For what it's worth, I've backtracked some on Bernie Sanders. I still love his take on the DHS, but I continue to have problems with his thoughts on "black lives matter", Syrian refugees, dealing with ISIS, etc. I think he's too soft, and though he's my easy favorite on the Democratic side, Paul and Kasich keep finding their way back to the top of my list. As much as I dislike Ted Cruz as a politician, if it came down to Cruz or Clinton, he would easily get my vote. Why? Because I think the man is honest, I think he's smart, I think he's credible, and as much as I disagree with many of his positions, I would feel like we had a safer America with him in the White House. There is only one candidate in this entire election that I would vote for Clinton over, and it would be purely to do my part to keep him out of the White House at any cost, and that's Carson. The man is not fit to be President.

Quote:Which lie? I've heard he's lying about everything from his books to his own name.

This response tells me you are hypersensitive to the subject. I only know of the one well publicized lie which he had to backtrack on.

Quote:I think things like having a 21st-century mindset about the way the world works are important in any government office.

Carson made comments about using drone strikes to bomb caves that illegal immigrants use as lay-ups. He never said anything about bombing immigrants. My problem with that comment is that much of the land on or near the border is some combination of private land, protected wildlife habitat and national park. For one, it shows how out-of-touch he is with the country that he's trying to run, and how limited his knowledge of border issues is. Two, bombing any of those areas would be somewhere between foolish and environmentally devastating. Three, aside from military training and that nitwit who got drunk and dropped a bomb on Naco, AZ, by mistake in the early 1900's, the United States has never bombed itself. It would set a frightening precedent.

Men of faith have made great Presidents. Thing is, those men of faith have been qualified for the job. I couldn't care less if the President is Christian, Jewish, Muslim, agnostic, pagan, satanic, whatever so long as the statements he makes and the policies he advocates are informed, intelligent and inclusive.

The next President doesn't have to be a politician. Frankly, I think that Trump would make the best President out of any of the Republican front-runners, and certainly better than Hillary Clinton would. I fear for a world in which I'm feeling compelled to vote for him to keep Hillary out of office, but I'd do it. That said, the leap from running a multi-national group of highly-successful corporations to running a government is much smaller than the jump from running a neurosurgery department to running the country. What it all boils down to is that I don't think he's qualified, I think anyone whose answer to foreign policy questions is, "I'll get advisors," should only see the White House as a tourist, and I question, based upon statements he's made, whether he's capable of making intelligent decisions in the capacity of the role he aims to fill. The "West Point scholarship" thing doesn't bug me in the least, because what he said is factually correct, even if the terminology wasn't. The comments about how awful a kid he was that don't jive with what those who knew him remember are a little concerning, but he certainly wouldn't be the first politician to tell a little white lie about his background to win some "redemption" votes. I honestly do believe that Carson is in completely over his head, he lacks the mindset to be an effective President, he lacks the credibility to sit down at a table with Vladimir Putin and come out not looking like a fool, he lacks the stones to handle ISIS, and electing him President would be a colossal mistake.

For what it's worth, I've backtracked some on Bernie Sanders. I still love his take on the DHS, but I continue to have problems with his thoughts on "black lives matter", Syrian refugees, dealing with ISIS, etc. I think he's too soft, and though he's my easy favorite on the Democratic side, Paul and Kasich keep finding their way back to the top of my list. As much as I dislike Ted Cruz as a politician, if it came down to Cruz or Clinton, he would easily get my vote. Why? Because I think the man is honest, I think he's smart, I think he's credible, and as much as I disagree with many of his positions, I would feel like we had a safer America with him in the White House. There is only one candidate in this entire election that I would vote for Clinton over, and it would be purely to do my part to keep him out of the White House at any cost, and that's Carson. The man is not fit to be President.

I think you are heavily exaggerating what he means by striking the layup spots on the tops of mountains.  Mountain tops aren't private land.  As president he could order strikes on protected habitats without the red tape that any other agency would have just putting a road in or an antenna.  There are many military bombing ranges and testing grounds that operate in the southwestern United States already without issue.  I don't believe drone strikes are necessarily the right idea, but I also know that he's talking about small, precision strikes, not dropping Fat Boy on a mountain.  He also said that he would consider it, not that he would necessarily do it - much like you have already done, by considering it.  If he said he would dynamite the caves instead, there probably wouldn't be the same blow back even though its the same concept.  The liberal media was having a field day trying to pin Carson to blowing up immigrants with drones even though he would restate his position like 5 times in a row on the very same show. 

Any candidate who pretends that they know more than their foreign policy advisors is either a fool or lying.  The fact that he doesn't try to pretend to be the most knowledgeable person in the room about everything is refreshing.  I believe Carson when he says he is actively learning foreign policy.  I see too many politicians who get a cushy gig and don't do or know anything about their own jobs.  The majority of congress doesn't even read the bills they are passing.  It is ridiculous.  I see Ben Carson, and while there are certainly more experienced individuals, I know that Carson will do his due diligence in decision-making and not blindly go through the motions and pretend he is an expert just because of his position.  Don't confuse experience with being qualified.  

Carson and Trump are two of the candidates that scare me the most, with Cruz, Huckabee and Santorum behind them (mostly because there's no shot they actually get the candidacy)

Not a fan of Rubio's policies at all, and I'd never vote for him.  But he doesn't scare me in the way Carson and Trump do.  Hopefully the love for the "candiates who aren't politically correct" dies down over time, and people realize that what you say has wide reaching effects.  You can't always just say what you want, without it having negative effects.

We already have a process which Syrian refugees must go through to get vetted.  Often taking a long time.  If ISIS wants to get it's operatives in this country, they aren't going to try to sneak in with the Syrians.  They're going to try to sneak in as a European.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:This response tells me you are hypersensitive to the subject. I only know of the one well publicized lie which he had to backtrack on.

- West Point

- Anger issues

- Stabbing a friend/relative

- Mannatech

- Getting held at gunpoint

etc etc

Quote:As much as I dislike Ted Cruz as a politician, if it came down to Cruz or Clinton, he would easily get my vote. Why? Because I think the man is honest, I think he's smart, I think he's credible, and as much as I disagree with many of his positions, I would feel like we had a safer America with him in the White House.

I would vote for Deez Nuts before I voted for Cruz. The man wants to turn America into a theocracy. His greatest political achievement was costing tax payers millions while he read Dr. Seuss. Not today Satan!

Quote:Carson and Trump are two of the candidates that scare me the most, with Cruz, Huckabee and Santorum behind them (mostly because there's no shot they actually get the candidacy)

Not a fan of Rubio's policies at all, and I'd never vote for him.  But he doesn't scare me in the way Carson and Trump do.  Hopefully the love for the "candiates who aren't politically correct" dies down over time, and people realize that what you say has wide reaching effects.  You can't always just say what you want, without it having negative effects.

We already have a process which Syrian refugees must go through to get vetted.  Often taking a long time.  If ISIS wants to get it's operatives in this country, they aren't going to try to sneak in with the Syrians.  They're going to try to sneak in as a European.  

Yet, the president threatens to veto any further vetting of Syrian refuges.  The bill would make it abundantly clear who's responsible for terrorist attacks by making senior officials sign off on them and the administration is terrified about being held accountable with no escape should that happen.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2015, 03:07 PM by Kotite.)

Quote:- West Point

- Anger issues

- Stabbing a friend/relative

- Mannatech

- Getting held at gunpoint

etc etc
West Point was the well publicized one. Mannatech was meh. He was a paid spokesman. I cannot imagine him with anger issues as he talks like a mumbling turtle. The Popeyes chicken thing was a non event as far as I'm concerned. Never heard the stabbing story.

Quote:I would vote for Deez Nuts before I voted for Cruz. The man wants to turn America into a theocracy. His greatest political achievement was costing tax payers millions while he read Dr. Seuss. Not today Satan!

So much hyperbole.

Which part?

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2015, 03:12 PM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:West Point was the well publicized one. Mannatech was meh. He was a paid spokesman. I cannot imagine him with anger issues as he talks like a mumbling turtle. The Popeyes chicken thing was a non event as far as I'm concerned. Never heard the stabbing story.

He told a story about him trying to stab a friend when he had anger issues as a youth.  The liberal media demanded that he name who his friend was or else he was lying about it.  Ben Carson refused to name the person on the grounds of protecting the person's identity.  He was labeled a liar.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2015, 03:11 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:<div>
I would vote for Deez Nuts before I voted for Cruz. The man wants to turn America into a theocracy. His greatest political achievement was costing tax payers millions while he read Dr. Seuss. Not today Satan!
</div>
I've always found Cruz not to be very genuine at all.  He's up there with Huckabee with how disingenuous he seems.  

Quote:Yet, the president threatens to veto any further vetting of Syrian refuges.  The bill would make it abundantly clear who's responsible for terrorist attacks by making senior officials sign off on them and the administration is terrified about being held accountable with no escape should that happen.
There's already plenty of vetting in place.  You want MORE vetting?  Again, if ISIS wants to get in, they're going to come in as Europeans not Syrians.  Since 9/11 only three refugees have been implicated in terrorist activities, and they were all radicalized when they were over here, not before they got here.

If you want to worry about anything, worry how easy it is for ISIS to send someone via Europe.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.