Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Students at Princeton want Woodrow Wilson's name removed from Princeton

should watch the latest southpark it has a pretty great perspective on this whole mess.  

The whole Idea of any group considering themselves greater than another and making demands to better their situation is unamerican.  Americans have the right to strive for better things, it is not an entitlement.  If you want better you need to put in the work.  Protesting at a library where students are trying to study at is not the way to do it.  Someone else's viewpoint causing you to make that person lose their livelihood is not right either.  

Its almost like people don't want the first amendment anymore.  You really gain an appreciation for the foresight of the founding fathers.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:should watch the latest southpark it has a pretty great perspective on this whole mess.  

The whole Idea of any group considering themselves greater than another and making demands to better their situation is unamerican.  Americans have the right to strive for better things, it is not an entitlement.  If you want better you need to put in the work.  Protesting at a library where students are trying to study at is not the way to do it.  Someone else's viewpoint causing you to make that person lose their livelihood is not right either.  

Its almost like people don't want the first amendment anymore.  You really gain an appreciation for the foresight of the founding fathers.
Frankly, I think these people are Fascists.

Quote:Rhe funny thing is, a 95% constituency among blacks is the only reason wilsons political ideology (progressivism) exists. It is the central theort that the income tax is the only way to achieve income equality and government regulTion by disinterested third parties insures fairness for the working man. These two tennants were central to podt vitong rights 65 marketting of democrat policy to black people.

On another note, if these people ever figure out who margaret sanger really was then all hell might break loose!

What's funny also is the article mentions "a black junior who is majoring in public policy." Public Policy? Are you kidding me. Point is, he will earn his degree and work for the very government that Wilson's political party ultimately helped expand, most likely through policies that his party helped create (affirmative action).

Or worse yet hold office in wilsons party.

Wilson was a leading progressive but supported segregation. 

But the Princeton students are also demanding a segregated space for black students only.  They are segregating themselves, LOL.  Wilson would be proud. 

It seems that students at many universities and colleges are "demanding" certain things that are just plain stupid.  These spoiled and coddled kids are in for a huge awakening when they have to live in the real world.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:It seems that students at many universities and colleges are "demanding" certain things that are just plain stupid.  These spoiled and coddled kids are in for a huge awakening when they have to live in the real world.
See, you love to sit on your front porch and shake your cane at the world, but what is it about people fighting for causes they believe in that makes them spoiled or coddled? They feel they're being wronged or unfairly denied access to something that others have, so they speak up about it. Isn't that kind of the exact opposite of being a "spoiled" or "coddled" kid?

Now, I don't agree with this particular student in the slightest, and I really hope she's just doing this to be a pain in everyone's [BLEEP], but I think it's kind of insulting to to lump all of these young adults in as "spoiled, coddled" kids when their actions are the antithesis of that. They're finding their voice and learning to use it, and while I think a fair deal of what they're looking for is ridiculous, I'll never fault or insult someone who feels that something is wrong for speaking up about it.

I guess the next thing will be to rename Washington, DC.   After all, George Washington owned slaves.  

Quote:It seems that students at many universities and colleges are "demanding" certain things that are just plain stupid.  These spoiled and coddled kids are in for a huge awakening when they have to live in the real world.
I keep seeing that point about these college kids living in the "real world" from several posters.  The thing is political correctness has made it darn near impossible to criticize this warped sense of entitlement because the administrators of these campuses are afraid to either offend them or they 100% support them.  As more and more students graduate with this mind set and enter the workforce, this mentality right here will become the new reality and the real world.  These coddled mental midgets are unfortunately creating the real world.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:See, you love to sit on your front porch and shake your cane at the world, but what is it about people fighting for causes they believe in that makes them spoiled or coddled? They feel they're being wronged or unfairly denied access to something that others have, so they speak up about it. Isn't that kind of the exact opposite of being a "spoiled" or "coddled" kid?

Now, I don't agree with this particular student in the slightest, and I really hope she's just doing this to be a pain in everyone's [BAD WORD REMOVED], but I think it's kind of insulting to to lump all of these young adults in as "spoiled, coddled" kids when their actions are the antithesis of that. They're finding their voice and learning to use it, and while I think a fair deal of what they're looking for is ridiculous, I'll never fault or insult someone who feels that something is wrong for speaking up about it.
As long as there is the capacity and the acceptance of a dissenting voice of reason to counter and challenge the "group think" mentality that is occurring in these all too frequently growing protest I concur with you.  There however is not it appears to me and this is the saddest thing of all.  People in institutions of higher learning are not being challenged and being forced to back up their premise because administrations are unwilling to offend them.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:See, you love to sit on your front porch and shake your cane at the world, but what is it about people fighting for causes they believe in that makes them spoiled or coddled? They feel they're being wronged or unfairly denied access to something that others have, so they speak up about it. Isn't that kind of the exact opposite of being a "spoiled" or "coddled" kid?

Now, I don't agree with this particular student in the slightest, and I really hope she's just doing this to be a pain in everyone's [BAD WORD REMOVED], but I think it's kind of insulting to to lump all of these young adults in as "spoiled, coddled" kids when their actions are the antithesis of that. They're finding their voice and learning to use it, and while I think a fair deal of what they're looking for is ridiculous, I'll never fault or insult someone who feels that something is wrong for speaking up about it.

Sigh...

College students sent out tweets basically complaining about media coverage of the terrorist attack in France because it "took attention away from them".

College students are demanding and setting up "safe zones" and "free speech zones" as long as the "free speech" is something that they agree with and the "safe zones" are designated according to race.

They feel that they are "entitled to" choose school administration and leadership.

You know what?  The only "entitlement" that they have is the right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

You want higher education?  Fine.  It will cost you X amount of dollars.  To pay for that higher education you decide to take a student loan?  Fine.  It's just like buying a car, a house, etc.  You sign the contract, you fulfill it.  Can't qualify or afford a student loan?  Guess what?  Serve in the military for 4 years and they will pay for a significant portion of your education.  You know, actually work and EARN what you want.

These kids today expect everything to be given to them without having to put forth any effort.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

If someone wants postsecondary education, they should have access to it without having to die in Vietraqistania.

Tea party excuses for "conservatives" love to equate modern America to a fledgling dictatorship. Know how dictatorships happen? People are told that their thoughts and opinions don't matter. That's kind of what you're saying to college kids who are using the most American right we have: freedom of speech. It's on academia to grow a pair and tell them off, and if academia won't, that's academia's problem. Don't blame kids who are finding their voices for using them.

Quote:If someone wants postsecondary education, they should have access to it without having to die in Vietraqistania.

Tea party excuses for "conservatives" love to equate modern America to a fledgling dictatorship. Know how dictatorships happen? People are told that their thoughts and opinions don't matter. That's kind of what you're saying to college kids who are using the most American right we have: freedom of speech. It's on academia to grow a pair and tell them off, and if academia won't, that's academia's problem. Don't blame kids who are finding their voices for using them.

You're confusing America with Starship Troopers again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

My father, who is in his late 90s, told me a funny story the other day. 

He was at the University of Florida in 1939 or 1940, and one day some of the students, including him, got all riled up about something and decided they were going to march on City Hall and demand something or other.   The Dean of Students heard about it and phoned ahead to City Hall and warned them about it.  So about 200 students marched up to City Hall where they were confronted by one single police officer holding a tommy gun.   At that point, they lost all their resolve and went home. 

The left is eating it own. 

Quote:If someone wants postsecondary education, they should have access to it without having to die in Vietraqistania.

There you go again... 

These kids are not expressing free speech.  Free speech is inherently reciprocal.  That means that i have a chance to express my ideas and you have a chance to express your ideas and we allow each person to be persuaded in their own mind.  

What these kids are advocating is that we tell a cross section of the population that, as you yourself put it, "Your thought oppinions and history don't matter, only MINE!!!"  They aren't making sure that they have access to the arena of ideas, that's what the protests of DR. King Malcom x etc. were about.  These kids are demanding that we as a society capitulate to their world view and hire faculty to teach mandated courses about it on campus.  

That's not advocating freedom.  That's advocating totalitarianism.   

Quote:There you go again... 

These kids are not expressing free speech.  Free speech is inherently reciprocal.  That means that i have a chance to express my ideas and you have a chance to express your ideas and we allow each person to be persuaded in their own mind.  

What these kids are advocating is that we tell a cross section of the population that, as you yourself put it, "Your thought oppinions and history don't matter, only MINE!!!"  They aren't making sure that they have access to the arena of ideas, that's what the protests of DR. King Malcom x etc. were about.  These kids are demanding that we as a society capitulate to their world view and hire faculty to teach mandated courses about it on campus.  

That's not advocating freedom.  That's advocating totalitarianism.   

Sort of like Republican politicians changing school textbooks?

;

;

??? Lol. Moral relativism. Its whats for dinner.

The problem arises when academia nurtures this stupidity and then they have to go out into the world and deal with people who won't feed into their self importance. No one out in the world considers them to be the unique snow flakes that they were led to believe. They are being set up for failure.

Quote:The problem arises when academia nurtures this stupidity and then they have to go out into the world and deal with people who won't feed into their self importance. No one out in the world considers them to be the unique snow flakes that they were led to believe. They are being set up for failure.
And whose fault is that? Don't blame the kid for eating all the cookies. Blame the adults for not telling him he can't.