Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars re-sign OL Patrick Omameh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sweet

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2017, 06:30 PM by KYjaggy.)

Nathan Jahnke‏Verified account @PFF_NateJahnke  15s16 seconds ago

G with 0 sacks allowed and 0-1 hits allowed last year: M.Yanda, J.Mewhort, T.Lang, K.Long, J.Sitton, Patrick Omameh(just re-signed with JAC)

I guess this goes better here.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/PFF_NateJahnke'>Nathan Jahnke‏Verified account @PFF_NateJahnke </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/PFF_NateJahnke/status/839241330324869121'>15s16 seconds ago</a>

G with 0 sacks allowed and 0-1 hits allowed last year: M.Yanda, J.Mewhort, T.Lang, K.Long, J.Sitton, Patrick Omameh(just re-signed with JAC)

I guess this goes better here.

Even for only 10 games/7 starts, that is impressive.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Wise move. He looked good filling in and you rarely make it through a season without a couple of starters missing time on the line. 

He provides solid depth on the interior. 

Good, I liked him in Tampa and he did a solid job last year.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Also re-signed ST gunner and back-up FS Peyton Thompson. 

Quote:<p style="color:rgb(70,70,70);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:16px;">The Jaguars did complete two pieces of business: Tendering exclusive rights free agent Peyton Thompson a contract, per a source, and agreeing to terms with guard Patrick Omameh per his agency’s Twitter account.

<p style="color:rgb(70,70,70);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:16px;">A league source said Thompson’s deal is worth $690,000. As an ERFA, Thompson is now bound to the Jaguars.

<p style="color:rgb(70,70,70);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:16px;">A team source confirmed Omameh’s return and a league source said it will be a one-year contract for $775,000 (veteran minimum), including a $100,000 signing bonus.

<p style="color:rgb(70,70,70);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:16px;">On Wednesday, the Jaguars can try and re-sign their free agents and continue to talk to the agents of those free agents on other teams. The signing period for unrestricted free agents begins Thursday at 4 p.m.

<p style="color:rgb(70,70,70);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:16px;">Thursday figures to be a busy day. The Jaguars will complete their trades with Miami that includes the arrival of left tackle Branden Albert and departure of tight end Julius Thomas and also expected to agree to terms with multiple free agents.

<p style="color:rgb(70,70,70);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:16px;">The Jaguars, armed with nearly $76 million in salary cap space, were expected to be one of the most active teams on the market because of their available money and their pressing needs.

<p style="color:rgb(70,70,70);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:16px;">The Jaguars’ top targets are believed to be Houston cornerback A.J. Bouye and Arizona defensive end Calais Campbell, which makes sense because the Jaguars require a No. 1A/2 cornerback to play opposite Jalen Ramsey and a strong-side defensive end to replace the released Jared Odrick.

<p style="color:rgb(70,70,70);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:16px;">Thompson, 26, joined the Jaguars in 2014 and has appeared in 32 games. Last season, he moved from cornerback to free safety and played 84 snaps (five tackles) and also covered the slot receiver in some situations.

<p style="color:rgb(70,70,70);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:16px;">Thompson, though, is a key special teams player – he played 284 snaps on the coverage/kick units last year and had six tackles.

<p style="color:rgb(70,70,70);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:16px;">The Jaguars now have three free safeties (Tashaun Gipson, Akeem Davis and Thompson) and three strong safeties (James Sample, Jarrod Wilson and Elijah Shumate) under contract.

<p style="color:rgb(70,70,70);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:16px;">Omameh, 27, signed last June and made the team as a back-up. But Luke Joeckel’s torn ACL against Indianapolis in Week 4 thrust Omameh into the lineup. He played 453 snaps and was on the books for 1 1/2 sacks (10 1/2 combined sacks/pressures/hits) and just two “bad” run plays (gain of one yard or less).

O'Halloran   ^

I'm not sure if it means anything. But the following obviously got my attention:

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/8...4398395395

Dave Birkett‏ @davebirkett  31m

31 minutes ago

Dave Birkett Retweeted Schwartz & Feinsod

Larry Warford's agent getting one of their OGs done to stay with his current team ...

Dave Birkett added,

Schwartz & Feinsod @schwartzfeinsod

Patrick Omameh @patrickomameh has agreed to terms with the Jacksonville Jaguars @Jaguars

Good signing. He did a respectable job last season, and has a chance to compete for a role next season. At a vet minimum contract, how can anything really go wrong?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Our o-line will be a brick wall now.

Quote:At a vet minimum contract, how can anything really go wrong?
Never, never ask any question resembling, "What could possibly go wrong?". It's a sure-fire way to guarantee that something horrible and unforeseeable yet strangely predictable will, in fact, go wrong.

Quote:Never, never ask any question resembling, "What could possibly go wrong?". It's a sure-fire way to guarantee that something horrible and unforeseeable yet strangely predictable will, in fact, go wrong.
You make a good point. I retract my above foolish statement.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Very smart move.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

What's Omameh's story? He's one of the guys on the roster I know the least about. I do, however, know that when he played, I barely heard his name, which is a good thing.
Shock the world

I honestly would be okay going into camp with him over wasting money on Zeitler 

Omameh signed a minimum veteran deal for a reason.  He's a depth player that can play if needed.  

Quote:What's Omameh's story? He's one of the guys on the roster I know the least about. I do, however, know that when he played, I barely heard his name, which is a good thing.
You can read his "stats" from 2016 in my prior post in this thread, but he's un undrafted lineman out of Michigan that bounced around the waiver wire before Caldwell nabbed him last summer. 

He does have some versatility as he has played both guard spots and has some limited time at RT as well. The Jags tried him there during preseason with the third unit and frankly, he looked a lot better filling in at LG in the regular season. 

He's sort of the epitome of solid depth.  The kind of guy you want so that if either guard gets hurt your QB isn't quaking in his boots when the back-up guard takes over.

Quote:You can read his "stats" from 2016 in my prior post in this thread, but he's un undrafted lineman out of Michigan that bounced around the waiver wire before Caldwell nabbed him last summer. 

He does have some versatility as he has played both guard spots and has some limited time at RT as well. The Jags tried him there during preseason with the third unit and frankly, he looked a lot better filling in at LG in the regular season. 

He's sort of the epitome of solid depth.  The kind of guy you want so that if either guard gets hurt your QB isn't quaking in his boots when the back-up guard takes over.

So you are essentially saying that he has a bust in Canton waiting on him. Got it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!