Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myers went from zero to hero (merged)

Quote:I also think icing the kicker is the most stupid thing you can do. A kicker will already be nervous before the kick he knows it is coming. He also has to rush on the field and set up quickly with no timeouts.

Harbaugh basically gave him extra time to visualise his kick and get comfortable out there rather than a rush job 53 yarder.

It's tough to say. I recall Coughlin saying he looked at the stats and it works.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Sure he missed a FG earlier in the game that wouldnt had needed the 53 at the end, but he also save a run back TD with his tackle... so give the kid a break... he's a rookie!

^^This. That was a great play on that kick return. The little guy spaced himself perfectly and prevented what was most likely a TD if he didn't make that play.

He gets a big "Kudos" from me on that special teams tackle.

Quote:Sure he missed a FG earlier in the game that wouldnt had needed the 53 at the end, but he also save a run back TD with his tackle... so give the kid a break... he's a rookie!
Yeah, but did you see how bad some of his kickoffs (including that one) were yesterday? The kicker doesn't make a TD-saving tackle because his world-class leg punched it out the back of the endzone...

Quote:I also think icing the kicker is the most stupid thing you can do. A kicker will already be nervous before the kick he knows it is coming. He also has to rush on the field and set up quickly with no timeouts.

Harbaugh basically gave him extra time to visualise his kick and get comfortable out there rather than a rush job 53 yarder.
I was kind of questioning that decision, too. I think I would've rather forced Myers and the FG team to hurry out there and get the snap off than give them all that time to catch their breath. The play clock after a penalty is set to 25 seconds rather than 40, isn't it?

He lost the Colts game for us....sigh..4-5..instead 3-6, 1 game out

I don't know if Myers salvaged a long term career with the Jags or not, but he at least bought himself a little more time on the team. After completely 'whiffing' the earlier field goal attempt, if he had missed the kick on that final play... he may not have been a Jaguar today. This is pure speculation on my part, but I'd have a hard time believing he would still be on the team 24 hours later. 

Zero to hero and back to zero - right where he belongs.

Unbelievable.

It was funny for awhile but now.....kill the boy.

Jason Meyers is firmly been placed in the doghouse with the fans of Jacksonville. He misses (PAT) as if it's in his contract to do so. Did it last week and then comes out today and "nails" a 46 yd. field goal and next time out...........blows yet another PAT.

Memo to Jason:

If you're married, I'd highly recommend at halftime that you call your wife and have her start packing your bags cause you are NOT helping your cause in the least.

Absolute zero

What a scrub
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Guarantee you that miss comes back to kill us in this game.

he is back to zero (and has been for awhile).

#HORRIBLE 

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 03:43 PM by pirkster.)

Patience is a virtue.

But the most virtuous thing Shad could do right now is buy Myers a brand new boat for an early Christmas present.

Destination: anywhere but Jax.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Patience is a virtue.

But the most virtuous thing Shad could do right now is buy Myers a brand new boat for an early Christmas present.

Destination: anywhere but Jax.
[Image: 2837184123_d76b0517fe.jpg]

Glad we won the game in a definitive fashion but come on Myers.

We can't expect to throw up 50 points a game and I am hesitant in relying on Myers for a kick. 

Whatever, I am going to enjoy this win for right now!!!!!