Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"Safe Spaces" (Yes it is actually a thing)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/14/saf...t-say-law/

I just find it hypocritical that all these progressives talk about diversity and equality, when they're virtually trying to limit free speech with these "safe spaces" on college campuses. Maybe we should just have quiet spaces.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Don't you know that the leftist/progressive in this country are not about safe spaces or freedom, it's about control. Control of your thoughts, actions and daily life. That's what they really want. :yes:

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

There is no virtual about it. They come out and say suspend the first amendment. Its amazing they all read from the same playbook with the same vocabulary.

Pop quiz. What was the last major political group that advocated suspending the rights of an ethnic sect, they accused of hoarding money and power, to the end of greater social equality through central economic planning?

Heres a hint. WWII

'So-called "safe spaces" -- where students can shield themselves from uncomfortable or dissenting viewpoints -- '

I find that sentence sums up everything wrong with the people who agree with this train of thought. If you can't handle uncomfortable or dissenting viewpoints, i.e., people who don't agree with you, then how are you ever going to make it in the real world where people are going to disagree with you more often than not? Seriously. Life is not about getting your way, it's about making your way. 

Grow a pair and get on with life. 

Quote:'So-called "safe spaces" -- where students can shield themselves from uncomfortable or dissenting viewpoints -- '

I find that sentence sums up everything wrong with the people who agree with this train of thought. If you can't handle uncomfortable or dissenting viewpoints, i.e., people who don't agree with you, then how are you ever going to make it in the real world where people are going to disagree with you more often than not? Seriously. Life is not about getting your way, it's about making your way.

Now now.. Thats not PC enough and I don't feel comfortable. I'm gonna form a circle with me and a few buds and... Wow.. That sounded wrong..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Cry babies.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If they wanted safety they should have stayed in Mom's basement. 

Quote:If they wanted safety they should have stayed in Mom's basement. 
Or in her womb.

Quote:'So-called "safe spaces" -- where students can shield themselves from uncomfortable or dissenting viewpoints -- '

Quote:Or in her womb.
I think "safe spaces" have more to do with my generation's sense of entitlement and narcissism- sad but true; If you can't handle criticism, or you do not like others having dissenting views from your own at a college, then you shouldn't go to college. It's really that simple. What do these people expect to happen when they enter the workforce or "real world"?

Quote:I think "safe spaces" have more to do with my generation's sense of entitlement and narcissism- sad but true; If you can't handle criticism, or you do not like others having dissenting views from your own at a college, then you shouldn't go to college. It's really that simple. What do these people expect to happen when they enter the workforce or "real world"?
Obviously they will expect everyone to agree with them and when they don't it's going to be bad news. Whether for the entitlement generation because they'll freak out and lose jobs due to their stupidity (thin skin) or for the employer because the entitled brat brings a lawsuit against them for psychological damage (hurt feelings)..... who knows? I just see these poor, stupid kids either not making it far in life without major headcase issues or bringing down the house (establishment) with their whiny demands. 

It would never occur to these kids to not go to college because they've been told from birth they are #1 and should get everything they want (not earned, but want) and so  on. It really is sad. The advantages kids have these days to progress them further is stuff we didn't have in my youth. There was no such thing as graduating high school and junior college at the same time to get  a jump on a 4 year degree. We graduated high school THEN went to college.