Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Explosion-Hostage situation in Paris

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2015, 09:59 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:Even my non-intervention avoid war at all cost had had enough. I'm not for nation building but damn I'm down for some ground leveling at this point. Make all associations with ISIS an act of treason and deal with them accordingly.
I think the most articulate, COC-friendly way I can say it is this:

I support the use of deadly force against anyone suspected of belonging to an ISIS-affiliated group, regardless of whether they have actively harmed anyone else or not, and I believe in using that force whenever, wherever, regardless of national borders, and to whatever extent is necessary to get the job done.

I'm extremely non-interventionist, but I'm tired of this [BAD WORD REMOVED]. It's time to take decisive action to end it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2015, 10:05 PM by americus 2.0.)

Quote:I consider myself anti war. Only when its absolutely necessary. It seems to be necessary.
This is how I feel. Only when necessary. These groups need to be dealt with. Sadly I doubt our current government officials have the stomach to deal with them.

Quote:This is how I feel. Only when necessary. These groups need to be dealt with. Sadly I doubt our current government officials have the stomach to deal with them.
But how can we deal with them without being dragged into another costly-long term war? I'm not saying you're wrong, but we need to be realistic here; the national debt is at $19 trillion dollars and we still have many, many problems here at home that need to be addressed first before we go in gung-ho. Let the French and the Arabs deal with this first.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2015, 10:15 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:But how can we deal with them without being dragged into another costly-long term war? I'm not saying you're wrong, but we need to be realistic here; the national debt is at $19 trillion dollars and we still have many, many problems here at home that need to be addressed first before we go in gung-ho. Let the French and the Arabs deal with this first.
Russia should he getting involved as well.

Isis has been threatening to attackthem and claimed the bombing the airliner

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2015, 10:16 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:Russia should he getting involved as well.

This, and realistically it shouldn't just be the US and Russia. It should also be the UK, France, Germany, Poland, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, and other EU nations as well.

Let me also add Israel, Iran, Egypt, Syria, and Saudi Arabia.

Quote:This, and realistically it shouldn't just be the US and Russia. It should also be the UK, France, Germany, Poland, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, and other EU nations as well.

Good luck getting any help from us. I think there'd be plenty of goodwill but thanks to our wonderful politicians and their stupid cutbacks the state of our military can be only be described as pathetic.

And no way you're getting Israel, Egypt, Syria, Iran and Saudia Arabia to work together. 

My thoughts on how to handle these bastards are well known. Glad to see some of you coming around to my way of thinking. When it happens here in the US, watch all holy hell break loose.

And then you'll see I've been right about these "people" all along

Kill'em All

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:But how can we deal with them without being dragged into another costly-long term war? I'm not saying you're wrong, but we need to be realistic here; the national debt is at $19 trillion dollars and we still have many, many problems here at home that need to be addressed first before we go in gung-ho. Let the French and the Arabs deal with this first.
I don't disagree with anything you said, I just didn't want to turn this thread into a bickering match about it and derail the original subject too much. 

Quote:My thoughts on how to handle these [BAD WORD REMOVED] are well known. Glad to see some of you coming around to my way of thinking. When it happens here in the US, watch all holy hell break loose.

And then you'll see I've been right about these "people" all along

Kill'em All

I'll use my imagination on the "Bad Word Removed".

;

;

Quote:This, and realistically it shouldn't just be the US and Russia. It should also be the UK, France, Germany, Poland, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, and other EU nations as well.

If Israel joins, the Muslim's won't fight.

Scary stuff.. being just a stones throw across the ocean, it worries me as to where they're going to go next..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Unfortunately it looks like the enemy is already well established inside France,not sure how you combat that without going full nanny state on it all.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2015, 08:46 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:Can't say it though, it will get your posts deleted. Its like the Mizzou campus around here. We need our safe spaces.

There are plenty of places those discussions occur. The internet is a wide expansive wasteland. I am sure The Drifter can send you a few links.

;

;

I just heard the U.S. killed the top Isis leader in a airstrike yesterday morning. Good Job.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2015, 08:59 AM by The Real Marty.)

I somewhat agree. Of course we all want to squash these cockroaches, but if we want to defeat these people, we need to use all our advantages, one of which is our brainpower. We need some broad minded thinking. Can we really kill our way out of this? Kill them, yes, but what else? We need to think, not just react.

I think the French are about to declare all out war on ISIS. We definitely ought to give them any of our unique capabilities they ask for. For sure.

Quote:I somewhat agree. Of course we all want to squash these cockroaches, but if we want to defeat these people, we need to use all our advantages, one of which is our brainpower. We need some broad minded thinking. Can we really kill our way out of this? Kill them, yes, but what else? We need to think, not just react.

I think the French are about to declare all out war on ISIS. We definitely ought to give them any of our unique capabilities they ask for. For sure.

Can't kill an idea, the jihad has been around for centuries but you know what we sure as hell can limit their ability to do anything. ISIS is a direct result of us trying to arm "Syrian Rebels" to take down a foreign regime we didn't like (Assad). All of this boils from our foreign policy of picking leaders and backing rebels that turn out to be worse than the leaders we want to remove. 

We have to help clean up the mess we started with ISIS after we bomb them back to the stone ages we should never again arm these rebel groups to take on unfriendly leaders. Especially trying to pick the good arabs vs the bad arabs that always comes back to haunt us. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Since France is a NATO member, can they use article 5 in this situation?

Quote:I just heard the U.S. killed the top Isis leader in a airstrike yesterday morning. Good Job.
They killed "Jihadi John"- who was a British expatriate, who was responsible for carrying out those beheading videos of American and British journalists.

Quote:Can't kill an idea, the jihad has been around for centuries but you know what we sure as hell can limit their ability to do anything. ISIS is a direct result of us trying to arm "Syrian Rebels" to take down a foreign regime we didn't like (Assad). All of this boils from our foreign policy of picking leaders and backing rebels that turn out to be worse than the leaders we want to remove. 

We have to help clean up the mess we started with ISIS after we bomb them back to the stone ages we should never again arm these rebel groups to take on unfriendly leaders. Especially trying to pick the good arabs vs the bad arabs that always comes back to haunt us. 

Agreed.  We need to examine and change how we (our leaders, POTUS namely) handle these things starting on this end.  We can't keep doing this.

Quote:They killed "Jihadi John"- who was a British expatriate, who was responsible for carrying out those beheading videos of American and British journalists.

Were they able to confirm it yet?  I haven't checked this morning all I saw was that the Pentagon was "reasonably certain" he was dead.

I am not sure that western civilization is ready for this.