Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Explosion-Hostage situation in Paris

Quote:Agreed. We need to examine and change how we (our leaders, POTUS namely) handle these things starting on this end. We can't keep doing this.

Were they able to confirm it yet? I haven't checked this morning all I saw was that the Pentagon was "reasonably certain" he was dead.

Yea, pretty sure it was confirmed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I am not sure that western civilization is ready for this.

It can't be, it's been decimated by the left and left a weakened and emasculated shell of its former self.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Since France is a NATO member, can they use article 5 in this situation?

Yep as its being defined now as an act of war against France.

World War 3 is upon us.

Quote:World War 3 is upon us.

I wouldn't go that far yet.

Quote:It can't be, it's been decimated by the left and left a weakened and emasculated shell of its former self.

Please elaborate.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

The last 15 years speak for themselves.

Only if Russia holds us directly responsible for ISIS which is only partially our fault. But there is a real danger Iran and Assad convince Russia to attack NATO in response to the suni militias we armed that became ISIS
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:The last 15 years speak for themselves.

The left in Europe, or that leftist Bush administration?

It is so easy to point fingers at either side, but the reality is the balance between maintaining a free society and the type of medieval, draconian justice needed to deal with these animals is not easy to achieve.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Not exactly
;

;

Quote:Not exactly

Maybe not now, but its coming.

Quote:Maybe not now, but its coming.

Sure it is. Eventually it's bound to happen. I don't feel like it's going to happen in either of our lifetimes however.

Quote:Sure it is. Eventually it's bound to happen. I don't feel like it's going to happen in either of our lifetimes however.
I imagine that depends on how old you are. There are things happening now that I never, ever would have thought to happen in my lifetime, and I'm only 43. Most of it's been since 1993 and has gained steam since 9/11. And that's just world events, I'm not even speaking on a societal or technological level.

I don't want to say WW3 is possible in my lifetime, but if it happened I wouldn't be surprised. If nothing else we'll see events like last night continue to happen that will eventually culminate into some heavy stuff. 

its more of an insurgency than a war.  The problem is that insurgency is throughout Europe now and probably throughout America as well.  Either wipe out the known threats or ship everyone back to that part of the world and fill the borders with landmines so they are stuck there dealing with the consequences of their actions.  And those that want to say the radicals are a minority, well that majority population needs to police its people and communities until its okay for them to try and play nice with the rest of the world again.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2015, 08:41 PM by The Drifter.)

I'm 54, and I saw the start of radical Islam, it was November 4, 1979. That's when the Iranians took our people hostage. I see parallels between 1979 and today, We had a coward in the White House then (Jimmy "Mr Peanut" Carter) and we have a coward in the White House now who's afraid to call it what it is, Islamic Terror.

And now, The Muslim in the White House wants to bring the enemy here, the so called Syrian refugees. The insanity of it all boggles the mind.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Less than 24 hours after "this is for syria" and the debate turns to "we can't say radical islam and how many tens of thousands of military age male "syrian refugees" we should take in. I thought it would take longer.

Quote:Less than 24 hours after "this is for syria" and the debate turns to "we can't say radical islam and how many tens of thousands of military age male "syrian refugees" we should take in. I thought it would take longer.

Wow. Who is saying this? I don't have TV, just streaming TV which means no regular news channels, so unless it's big news online, on Facebook or on here, I don't know what is being said.

Quote:Less than 24 hours after "this is for syria" and the debate turns to "we can't say radical islam and how many tens of thousands of military age male "syrian refugees" we should take in. I thought it would take longer.
1. Radical Islam

2. Zero. I feel for these refugees, and I don't know that denying them asylum here will actually help anything, but I do know that it won't hurt. In light of the Paris attacks, cutting off all visas from Middle Eastern countries and closing the door to refugees until we make some real progress against ISIS is a move I couldn't disagree with.

Was kust watching the debate.

I for one am not at all surprised that this took place.  If anyone watches/reads the news and current events globally they would know that it was just a matter of time until something like this happened.  Also it doesn't hurt to know a bit of history about the region and specifically the religion of Islam.  Here are a couple of topics that might help some understand what exactly drives these people.

Salafi

Wahhabism

Quote: 

The <b>Salafi movement</b> or <b>Salafist movement</b> is an ultra-conservative orthodox movement within Sunni Islam that references the doctrine known as <b>Salafism</b>. The doctrine can be summed up as taking "a <a class="" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalist' title="Fundamentalist">fundamentalist</a> approach to Islam, emulating the Prophet Muhammad and his earliest followers—al-salaf al-salih, the 'pious forefathers'...They reject religious innovation, or bida, and support the implementation of 

sharia
 (Islamic law).

"<sup>[1]</sup> The movement is often divided into three categories: the largest group are the purists (or quietists), who avoid politics; the second largest group are the activists, who get involved in politics; the smallest group are the jihadists, who form a tiny (yet infamous) minority.<sup>[1]</sup>

<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">The Salafi movement is often described as being synonymous with Wahhabism, but Salafists consider the term "Wahhabi" derogatory.<sup>[2]</sup> At other times, Salafism has been described as a hybrid of Wahhabism and other post-1960s movements.<sup>[3]</sup> Salafism has become associated with 
<a class="" href='https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/literalist' title="wikt:literalist">literalist
</a>
<a class="" href='https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/legalism' title="wikt:legalism">strict
</a> and 
<a class="" href='https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/puritanical' title="wikt:puritanical">puritanical
</a> approaches to Islam and – particularly in the 
West
 – with the 
<a class="" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salafist_jihadism' title="Salafist jihadism">Salafi jihadists
</a>, who espouse 
<a class="" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offensive_jihad' title="Offensive jihad">offensive jihad
</a> as a legitimate expression of Islam against those they deem to be enemies of Islam.
<sup>[4]</sup>

<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">In legal matters, Salafis are divided between those who, in the name of independent legal judgement (<i>ijtihad</i>), reject strict adherence (<i>taqlid</i>) to the four schools of law (<i><a class="" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhahib' title="Madhahib">madhahib</a></i>) and others who remain faithful to these.

Also, let's make a few things clear.

1.  Arab is an ethnicity, not a religion.  Not all Arabs practice Islam.

2.  Islam is a religion and is practiced world wide by people of different races/nationalities.

3.  Not all people that practice Islam are Salafi or Whahhabism followers.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.