Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Missouri football players to boycott until president Tim Wolfe resigns

The new castrate believes that if youre wealthy ur not a person.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why should I feel bad for him when he's made plenty of money.  It's not like he's going to be living on the streets or anything.  People talk about it as if he lost everything, and doesn't have enough money to live.  

I mean if he didn't save enough money, then that's his problem isn't it?  Isn't that how you conservatives think?  Or is that just for those of us who don't make six figure salaries?

The guy is being lynched by who know who for who knows why. We should all be concerned.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Yes, the poor man.  I'm sure the $460k/year he made will not last him.  How dare students protest how he handled things!  They should just accept how he handled it and hope things change instead of trying to do anything about it.
Yeah that jerk should have made a laser that you can point at racism to make it go away.

I don't see how this fellow had any control over the actions of a minority group of racist scumbags who choose to say rude things.

Does anyone think this would have happened if they were undefeated?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Yeah that jerk should have made a laser that you can point at racism to make it go away.

I don't see how this fellow had any control over the actions of a minority group of racist scumbags who choose to say rude things.

Yeah, people are expecting him to make racism go away.

Or you know, they expect him to listen to their concerns, and act on them.  Which he didn't.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I wonder if people would be upset if he was fired because he was gay, or didn't adhere to his bosses religious beliefs. Do we care that people get fired for what we percieve as no good reason or do we only care when political pressure forces the resignation of higher ups in a business.

It's okay if you're fired for something you posted on facebook, if you're gay, black, or white.  You can be fired for any reason your employer wants.  At least according to the narrative.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:The guy is being lynched by who know who for who knows why. We should all be concerned.

By who know who?

Quote:I wonder if people would be upset if he was fired because he was gay, or didn't adhere to his bosses religious beliefs. Do we care that people get fired for what we percieve as no good reason or do we only care when political pressure forces the resignation of higher ups in a business.

What do you think? Based on what you have read, do you believe the UM President should have resigned? If so, why?

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015, 03:09 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Here are the demands from the boycott.

<i>I. We demand that the University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten apology to the Concerned Student 1-­9-­5-0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1-9-5-­0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators. </i>

<i>II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal a new amendment to UM system policies must be established to have all future UM system president and Chancellor positions be selected by a collective of students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds.</i>

<i>III. We demand that the University of Missouri meets the Legion of Black Collegians' demands that were presented in 1969 for the betterment of the black community. </i>

<i>I</i><i>V. We demand that the University of Missouri creates and enforces comprehensive racial awareness and inclusion curriculum throughout all campus departments and units, mandatory for all students, faculty, staff, and administration. This curriculum must be vetted, maintained, and overseen by a board comprised of students, staff, and faculty of color. </i>

<i>V. We demand that by the academic year 2017-2018, the University of Missouri increases the percentage of black faculty and staff campus-wide to 10%. </i>

<i>VI. We demand that the University of Missouri composes a strategic 10 year plan by May 1, 2016 that will increase retention rates for marginalized students, sustain diversity curriculum and training, and promote a more safe and inclusive campus. </i>

<i>VII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding and resources for the University of Missouri Counseling Center for the purpose of hiring additional mental health professionals -- particularly those of color, boosting mental health outreach and programming across campus, increasing campus-­wide awareness and visibility of the counseling center, and reducing lengthy wait times for prospective clients. </i>

<i>VIII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding, resources, and personnel for the social justices centers on campus for the purpose of hiring additional professionals, particularly those of color, boosting outreach and programming across campus, and increasing campus-­wide awareness and visibility. </i>

<i>http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/11/08...rsity.html</i>

Interesting stuff.

Quote:Yeah, people are expecting him to make racism go away.

Or you know, they expect him to listen to their concerns, and act on them.  Which he didn't.  
What could that president have done to stop scumbags from being scumbags? Making racist turds go to diversity training does not make them stop being racist turds. He could have done a better job of placating the kids who were complaining but if a school administrator could stop racists from being racists then it would have been a dead issue long ago.

Quote:I wonder if people would be upset if he was fired because he was gay, or didn't adhere to his bosses religious beliefs. Do we care that people get fired for what we percieve as no good reason or do we only care when political pressure forces the resignation of higher ups in a business.
I would be just as concerned. Common sense is common sense.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015, 03:20 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:What could that president have done to stop scumbags from being scumbags? Making racist turds go to diversity training does not make them stop being racist turds. He could have done a better job of placating the kids who were complaining but if a school administrator could stop racists from being racists then it would have been a dead issue long ago.

It was never about making racists stop being racists. It is about enforcing a radical, racially-motivated political agenda under the guise of combating racial oppression. The easiest way to do this is by screaming something is racist then  demanding a change. Look at the first demand from the protesters "<i>Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege". </i>This is just getting silly. How would him admitting that make anything better?

Quote:It's okay if you're fired for something you posted on facebook, if you're gay, black, or white.  You can be fired for any reason your employer wants.  At least according to the narrative.  
Would it work if I told you I thought that was screwed up as well or would that not match the narrative?

Quote:It was never about making racists stop being racists. It is about enforcing a radical, racially-motivated political agenda under the guise of combating racial oppression. The easiest way to do this is by screaming something is racist then  demanding a change. Look at the first demand from the protesters "<i>Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege". </i>This is just getting silly. How would him admitting that make anything better?
Groveling makes cry babies feel better? Doesn't change anything but man it warms their hearts.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015, 03:46 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:What do you think? Based on what you have read, do you believe the UM President should have resigned? If so, why?

I don't think anyone should be fired or forced to resign for any reason that's not related to the actual work being paid for. Otherwise it's just legal discrimination and persecution. Some people endorse that.

Quote:I don't think anyone should be fired or forced to resign for any reason that's not related to the actual work being paid for. Otherwise it's just legal discrimination and persecution. Some people endorse that.

Looking at the protesters demands, it would appear they endorse it. I guess the educational system has utterly failed.

Quote:Looking at the protesters demands, it would appear they endorse it. I guess the educational system has utterly failed.

So again I ask I wonder if this reaction would be different were the conditions different.

Demand he acknowledges white privlage

[BLEEP] you

That's all
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:So again I ask I wonder if this reaction would be different were the conditions different.

From a protesters perspective you are probably right. From an outsider perspective, I doubt it.