Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship

Quote:Klingon Jesus? Kind of strange, but not really discrediting. More funny if anything.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who was wondering if Jesus (or jah'SUS?) had a bat'leth strapped to his back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He never said he attended. He never said he applied. He never said he went through the process of seeking sponsors and so forth. He said that at the conversation with westmoreland the offer was extended.

The retraction was two fold. 1.) there was a discrepancy as to when the meeting took place but it did happen. 2.) there are no SCHOLARSHIPS to west point. All costs are inherently paid. There have been tons of grads calling in explaining that the confusion over wording is common for those only anicdotally familiar with the application process as a 17 year old carson would have been.

At the time given the increased demand for black officers that general westmorland WOULDNT have talked up west point is asinine given his high grades and standing in jrotc in detroit.

It is a nicely worded article though.

Turns out that West Point calls them scholarships too.

[Image: CTKQaC4UYAAHRC_.jpg]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015, 01:54 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:Can you at least admit this is weird?

[Image: 4928.jpg?w=700&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10...50010c658d]

Quote:Let's not go there.

Whats wrong with Russel Brand posing with Ben?

[Image: 71a29c7371c489ecfb36e66ed1198b1e.jpg]

Blakes Life Matters

Yeh i saw that. Its actually a feather in his cap that they have to go this far.

Quote:Whats wrong with Russel Brand posing with Ben?

[Image: 71a29c7371c489ecfb36e66ed1198b1e.jpg]

He's not American!  Carson is a foreign sympathizer.  Dirty Redcoat.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015, 02:40 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:Turns out that West Point calls them scholarships too.
My feelings on Carson are well known, but even I think this "scholarship" thing is stupid. It's essentially a government grant that pays for your post-secondary education in full, and it's awarded based upon merit and high school performance. Yes, I know that there's a post-education commitment to a certain employer for a set amount of years, but let's be honest on this one: lots of scholarships are given out on the assumption that you're going to proceed down a certain career path. A mass communications scholarship isn't going to be given to a budding accountant any more than a physicians' association is going to give a scholarship to a liberal arts major.

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, I don't care what the official terminology is. It's a freaking duck.

Quote:My feelings on Carson are well known, but even I think this "scholarship" thing is stupid. It's essentially a government grant that pays for your post-secondary education in full, and it's awarded based upon merit and high school performance. Yes, I know that there's a post-education commitment to a certain employer for a set amount of years, but let's be honest on this one: lots of scholarships are given out on the assumption that you're going to proceed down a certain career path. A mass communications scholarship isn't going to be given to a budding accountant any more than a physicians' association is going to give a scholarship to a liberal arts major.

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, I don't care what the official terminology is. It's a freaking duck.
Yup this is an was a non issue to begin with. People trying desperately to find dirt on any and all candidates. Only in this case, dirt like this isn't needed. It conflates and minimizes actual issues people can/do have. 

Quote:He's not American!  Carson   Cruz is a foreign sympathizer.  Dirty Redcoat. Canuck

Blakes Life Matters