Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship

Quote:Real time objective decision making
My grandmother can make flawless real-time, objective decisions about whether the English language is being used properly. I can make flawless real-time, objective decisions about whether a debit card program is doing exactly what it's supposed to or not, and determine the level of fix needed to solve problems. My dog makes objective, real-time decisions about where to poop. If you sat me down in a war room and told me that Russia had a group of Bear bombers over the Bering Sea, paralleling the Alaskan coast, I wouldn't know what do to any more than, well, any more than I'd know what to do with an open skull and a scalpel placed before me. Get my drift?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Grammar... Some of the most advanced neurosurgery in the history of man... Lol.

Quote:Grammar... Some of the most advanced neurosurgery in the history of man... Lol.
[Image: 9ivEP1X.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2015, 05:59 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:The implosion of his campaign continues...

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ben-carson-west-point-215598'>http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ben-carson-west-point-215598</a>
Who is his campaign coordinator? Brian Williams?

Like grains through the pyramids,

So are the days of his life.

Joseph built these pyramids? Is this the same guy whose virgin wife told him she's pregnant and he freaks out and goes on a building spree with Moses?
Blakes Life Matters

Well between medicare medicaid and the affordable care act over a third of tge federal budget and oversight will go toward the delivery of healthcare. Its not like he has any experience in that arena or anything.

Quote:I saw some of that, but not as all inclusive or consistent as you claim. Of course, if the only responses you read are Sharpton and others like him then, yes, it would seem like it's always as you say.
Perhaps you did not see it as much because you supported his policies?  Believe me as one who opposed them most discussions ended with that very accusation.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2015, 06:13 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Perhaps you did not see it as much because you supported his policies?  Believe me as one who opposed them most discussions ended with that very accusation.

Some policies I supported, others not so much. I try to ignore the noise and examine the facts whenever possible. With whom were you debating?

I do think there were certain people who opposed Obama specifically because he is black, just as many supported him because he is black.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Some policies I supported, others not so much. I try to ignore the noise and examine the facts whenever possible. With whom were you debating?

I do think there were certain people who opposed Obama specifically because he is black, just as many supported him because he is black.
Family, friends, co-workers and people on the internet.  Yeah, I know.  I lost all credibility for arguing on the internet.  

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Well between medicare medicaid and the affordable care act over a third of tge federal budget and oversight will go toward the delivery of healthcare. Its not like he has any experience in that arena or anything.
So he'd make a great surgeon general, no argument there. Thing is, he has no foreign or domestic policy experience, no economic experience, nothing except medical experience. That is not a winning formula for the leader of the free world. It's a formula for another disastrous puppet leader who lacks the cojones to tell the Cheneys and Rumsfelds of the world that he is in charge.

At this point what difference does it make!!!!

But seriously he's not going to get the nomination and if he does it's bunker time anyway
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I think one of the saddest misnomers about the electoral process is the misconception that the candidate for office is actually going to be the nuts and bolts policy wonk.  The purpose of a leader is to set a vision.  NO ONE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT is qualified based solely on their past experience.  The Hilary Clinton from 08 or the Donald Trump of the mid 90's isn't going to be the person sitting in the oval in January of 2017.  This PROCESS is about revealing the overall vision that each individual has for the office of the president and its the job of the voters to decide which person is best suited for the position of president. 

I think that Ben Carson's life experience to this point demonstrates that he has the traits that you would look for in someone to lead an enterprise of this magnitude, I think that allows him to be part of the conversation.  Over the next few months we will hear more about the President that he wishes to be and hear more about the vision that he would have for foreign policy, economic policy, and trade policy. 

Would it be better if he had more traditional executive experience over a large company?  possibly.  I personally think that he would have an easier time 8 years from now having served as secretary of HHS Surgeon General etc.  At the same time I think that his level of creative problem solving in the most complex and the most results based environments imaginable demonstrates that he has a unique skill set as a potential leader and gives credence to the ideas that he will bring to the table. 

Quote:At this point what difference does it make!!!!

But seriously he's not going to get the nomination and if he does it's bunker time anyway

Carson and Rubio both came out in support of TPP. I think both may have dug their own graves.

Quote:Carson and Rubio both came out in support of TPP. I think both may have dug their own graves.

I mean the whole argument that Obama isn't qualified to be president and people only supported him because he's black goes out the window when republicans do the same damn exact thing with Carson. Let's just call it as it is, if Carson wasn't a black conservative he wouldn't even be in the picture, he's literally one of the least qualified people to be president. At least trump has been an executive before.

Quote:I mean the whole argument that Obama isn't qualified to be president and people only supported him because he's black goes out the window when republicans do the same damn exact thing with Carson. Let's just call it as it is, if Carson wasn't a black conservative he wouldn't even be in the picture, he's literally one of the least qualified people to be president. At least trump has been an executive before.

Hmm I am not sure. Black or white, he has a lot of accomplishments and an impressive story (if true). He also comes off as a real nice, honest, and intelligent* guy on television. Experience doesn't matter to evangelical voters, so a good portion of the Republican constituency are able to look past his policies and blunders and just vote for him because he is a good Christian man. Same thing last year with Santorum. I don't think race matters in this one.

Quote:I mean the whole argument that Obama isn't qualified to be president and people only supported him because he's black goes out the window when republicans do the same damn exact thing with Carson. Let's just call it as it is, if Carson wasn't a black conservative he wouldn't even be in the picture, he's literally one of the least qualified people to be president. At least trump has been an executive before.
I disagree that race has much to do with it, though there may be some of that mind set.  Carson is a true outsider with an inspirational back ground.  I get the sense from discussions I have with people throughout my travels that people are tired of The Beltway Politicians and the politics as usual we the people get from them.  Trump, Carson and Fiorina all attract support for that reason.  Carson's appeal over Trump of late I believe has more to do his quiet demeanor over the bombastic Trump.

Quote:I don't think he should be disqualified, but I think that so many American's are willing to support Ben Carson not because he has good policy (which he doesn't), but because he "stands by his faith and his beliefs" is kind of embarrassing. Whatever, I can only hope his support blows over like the support for Santorum did last election.
A lot of people assume because I am a Christian I am in favor of him. And a lot of Republican Christians I know are, and for the reason you said. I told someone the other day the man has no business being POTUS because he knows nothing politically. He's never even served in politics. At least Obama was a Senator for about 6 minutes. But you can't tell people what they don't want to hear.

If he somehow wins the nomination and it comes down to him or Clinton, I hope he wins hands down. I'd rather have him than that snake of a female any day. I loathe her equal to the power of a thousand lightning strikes.

Quote:I disagree that race has much to do with it, though there may be some of that mind set.  Carson is a true outsider with an inspirational back ground.  I get the sense from discussions I have with people throughout my travels that people are tired of The Beltway Politicians and the politics as usual we the people get from them.  Trump, Carson and Fiorina all attract support for that reason.  Carson's appeal over Trump of late I believe has more to do his quiet demeanor over the bombastic Trump.
And people expect a mild-mannered neurosurgeon to stand up to Vladimir Putin, Li Keqiang, Kim Jong-Un, the Ayatollah and ISIS convincingly?

Quote:And people expect a mild-mannered neurosurgeon to stand up to Vladimir Putin, Li Keqiang, Kim Jong-Un, the Ayatollah and ISIS convincingly?

Like our current POTUS/former community organizer who does so well at it. /sarcasm

Quote:Hmm I am not sure. Black or white, he has a lot of accomplishments and an impressive story (if true). He also comes off as a real nice, honest, and intelligent* guy on television. Experience doesn't matter to evangelical voters, so a good portion of the Republican constituency are able to look past his policies and blunders and just vote for him because he is a good Christian man. Same thing last year with Santorum. I don't think race matters in this one.

You'd be hard press to find someone running for office (especially Republican with Romney being an exception) that doesn't call himself Christian.

Heck Mike Huckabee was a former minister, so It's not for his "evangelical roots" that they've flocked to him. Huckabee and Cruz have built campaigns on their faith and openly embrace religion. It's not Taboo to say, but it's because he is a black conservative christian that he's a rockstar, and I get it, it's nice to see a representation of that in the party. But that in no way shape or form qualifies him to be president. You think Obama made a blunder of mistakes due to his unpreparedness just wait until you get a guy that has never dealt with an form of political position or foreign policy.

Quote:I disagree that race has much to do with it, though there may be some of that mind set.  Carson is a true outsider with an inspirational back ground.  I get the sense from discussions I have with people throughout my travels that people are tired of The Beltway Politicians and the politics as usual we the people get from them.  Trump, Carson and Fiorina all attract support for that reason.  Carson's appeal over Trump of late I believe has more to do his quiet demeanor over the bombastic Trump.

You can be tired of Beltway Politicians and still elect people that are qualified for the position. 

Quote:And people expect a mild-mannered neurosurgeon to stand up to Vladimir Putin, Li Keqiang, Kim Jong-Un, the Ayatollah and ISIS convincingly?

Like I said it'd be bunker time real fast.