Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Next Republican Debate

I like Paul and his "crazy" ideas.  There are already too many same old crap candidates and what this country needs is someone who is going to make this government efficient and start cleaning up some of the nonsense we have going on.  Trump is banking on people believing he is the man for the job.  Carson is banking on people confusing him for a leader.  

Biggest problem with Paul is probably no body wanting to support his ideas and this country stuck in never change mode for 4 years.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:At some point don't we realize that the only way Democrats can win is if Republicans put up someone who can't? And that just keeps happening somehow, must be coincidence or something.

That's whistling past the graveyard. The electoral map does not favor Republicans. You can't win when your only constituency is angry white middle-class males (and a few evangelical women.) The Republicans seem bent on having only people who can't, if you go by the polls.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Romney was for big government, that's not a winning issue when you're running against a guy that openly supports big government. If I want big government I'll vote for the guy that does it big and bold. If I don't want big government, I have no one to vote for, thus the biggest government guy wins.

Republicans will never win when they try and do big government better than Democrats.
I think one of the biggest problems we have in politica is the idea that candidates need to be opposites and practically on every single issue. It's baffling to me that every single thing most become partisan.

Quote: 

I think you're oversimplifying things a bit here. I mean, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that 48% of US voters are Democrats and 39% are Republicans, right? Maybe if the Republican Party would quit pandering to the far religious right and put a stop to that silly little tea party of theirs, alienated Republicans and centrists would start voting for the R again.

I think that you are oversimplifying things.  Republicans hold the majority of gubernatorial seats.  We hold the majority of state legislatures.  We hold the majority in the House of representatives.  We hold the majority in the Senate.  What's the one outlier to the past 6 years of electoral results?  The most unique presidential candidate in history (which of these things is not like the other.)  

This is why on the republican side you have such a diversity of people running for president (governors from Blue states and Tea Party Senators)

Obama's status as a historical figure coupled with 47%, the worst tax plan ever asserted by a Republican candidate, the walk on the beach, and his natural charisma when reading form a TelePrompter allowed him to survive as president when every metric on the economy predicted a republican victory.  If you take his win in 2012 to mean that you are going to get the same mix of traditional non voters to turn out for this slate of geriatric park then i think there is a chance for a huge let down next november.  

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015, 12:04 AM by Adam2012.)

It's hard to gerrymander a presidential election.

And I"m not so sure I go with the theory that if someone like Ted Cruz, for instance, is nominated voters will come streaming down from the mountains, come flowing out of trailer parks, and wheeling out of retirement centers to vote Republican.

Better to find a candidate who people feel is for something and gives them reason to care about voting. Running against Obama/Clinton will only get you so far (but is great for fundraising.)

lol. The economic truth of the country is going to be an anchor around the Democratic party.  Cruz will be able to articulate a clear concise vision of national prosperity.  

It;s the democrats who only have the option of going negative.  

I didn't realize the freak show continues tonight...should be good, nothing comes on Tuesdays anyways. 

Quote:I didn't realize the freak show continues tonight...should be good, nothing comes on Tuesdays anyways. 

Flash and iZombie both come on!  >_>

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Flash and iZombie both come on!  >_>
Just started picking backing up on iZombie but srsly... Flash is goat.

Cisco 2016 yall

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2015, 03:54 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:I didn't realize the freak show continues tonight...should be good, nothing comes on Tuesdays anyways. 
I don't understand why there are so many Republican debates happening, and why so many candidates with but the faintest glimmer of hope continue to be invited to them. Is it the Trump factor?

Quote:I don't understand why there are so many Republican debates happening, and why so many candidates with but the faintest glimmer of hope continue to be invited to them. Is it the Trump factor?
It's all about the book deals, speaking fees, and potential fox news gigs. Most of them know that's all they are there for, one of them just screwed up and said enough dumb things that now he's pushing for the lead and has to continue the farce. 

Quote:Flash and iZombie both come on!  >_>

Never bothered with flash or arrow (not really into superhero shows/movies...daredevil was great though), I do enjoy izombie though, but I almost always watch it Wednesday before American Snorer Story, I can at least skip commercials then lol. 

Quote:I don't understand why there are so many Republican debates happening, and why so many candidates with but the faintest glimmer of hope continue to be invited to them. Is it the Trump factor?

I'm actually surprised it's only been 3 thus far (with the 4th tonight)  seems like this is already the 5th GOP debate.  Maybe it's this cast of clowns that makes it seem like more to me. 

Quote:At some point don't we realize that the only way Democrats can win is if Republicans put up someone who can't? And that just keeps happening somehow, must be coincidence or something.

This also comes to mind...

[Image: gop-debate-firing-squad.jpg][Image: CircularFiringSquad.jpg]

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:This also comes to mind...

[Image: gop-debate-firing-squad.jpg][Image: CircularFiringSquad.jpg]
NICE.

It does illustrate the point though. The GOP loses and thinks well we lost because we didnt go far enough to the right so the next primary is a race to the right. The only way they can do that is by attacking each other. So they do. Then they whine when non republican candidates attack them. It's a mess they made themselves. 

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2015, 05:52 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:lol. The economic truth of the country is going to be an anchor around the Democratic party.  Cruz will be able to articulate a clear concise vision of national prosperity.  

It;s the democrats who only have the option of going negative.  

The economy hasn't been a big problem the past two elections. Now, all of a sudden, people will believe Ted "Shut Down the Government" Cruz is going to be an economic savior? I don't think he'll be perceived that way.

Quote:This also comes to mind...

[Image: gop-debate-firing-squad.jpg]
A Republican debate being likened to a Mexican standoff. Oh, the irony.

Quote:A Republican debate being likened to a Mexican standoff. Oh, the irony.

Fox business must provide walls between the candidates or the trump is out!!!

Quote:The economy hasn't been a big problem the past two elections. Now, all of a sudden, people will believe Ted "Shut Down the Government" Cruz is going to be an economic savior? I don't think he'll be perceived that way.

Shut it down to delay what has been an absolutely disastorous bill by every measurable standard. Cruz was right to do everything possible to dely or derail the ACA unfortunately there wasn't enough congress members with the fortitude nor foresight to prevent ACA from becoming law.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Kasich must be trying to win tonight