Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Next Republican Debate

Quote:Shut it down to delay what has been an absolutely disastorous bill by every measurable standard. Cruz was right to do everything possible to dely or derail the ACA unfortunately there wasn't enough congress members with the fortitude nor foresight to prevent ACA from becoming law.

That seems overly dramatic, the Republic has not yet fallen, and the ACA will be modified over time - or even die a natural death. Cruz will never miss a chance at grandstanding. I'd rather he play the role of US Senator and get with other Republicans and propose some alternative. Passing something is way too much to expect.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Does this excite the base?

[Image: CTfyI2SW4AADu23.jpg]

;

;

Quote:Kasich must be trying to win tonight

He actually is using facts!

I like the guy. I tend to favor candidates who are or were governors, as we are electing the country's CEO and governors tend to be political/governmental CEOs. Although he would stand a chance in the general election I don't think he plays enough to the base to have a chance for the nomination. So I'm backing Rubio.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

As a Centrist Populist my hope is that we don't have another Bush or Clinton in the White House. This is not a dynasty. This is a democracy. I fully support whomever the American people elect, because it is the core of our democracy. We vote! If you don't like the elected candidate, too bad, it's what the American people decided.

In my lifetime we have had a Bush or Clinton in the White house for 20 years. For a 40 year old that's half of your life.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

lol how is Trump the front runner, this is hilarious...this is why I don't trust the voting process. 

Quote:As a Centrist Populist my hope is that we don't have another Bush or Clinton in the White House. This is not a dynasty. This is a democracy. I fully support whomever the American people elect, because it is the core of our democracy. We vote! If you don't like the elected candidate, too bad, it's what the American people decided.

In my lifetime we have had a Bush or Clinton in the White house for 20 years. For a 40 year old that's half of your life.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

And papa Bush was VP for 8 years.

;

;

Being sensible will get you nowhere Rand...they hate us because we're free like Rubio says... 

Quote:Kasich must be trying to win tonight

He sounds like a child, him and Carly. Bush knows he is toast, and Carson is sleeping again, lol
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:He actually is using facts!

I like the guy. I tend to favor candidates who are or were governors, as we are electing the country's CEO and governors tend to be political/governmental CEOs. Although he would stand a chance in the general election I don't think he plays enough to the base to have a chance for the nomination. So I'm backing Rubio.

You vote republican?

Quote:You vote republican?
He's being ~edgy

Quote:He's being ~edgy

Anyone of those republican candidates are way better than killary. Nothing edgy about it. She is so corrupt, I believe alot of people would vote for her based on the D next to her name.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

This post-grad job hunt is stressing me out. I'm just gonna quit, vote Democrat and collect handouts for the rest of my life. Food stamps, unemployment, health care, welfare. Maybe Hillary will buy me a house and pay my student loans.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

there's only two options:

Cruz and Rand

everyone else can leave

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2015, 08:36 AM by rocdee.)

Quote:Does this excite the base?

[Image: CTfyI2SW4AADu23.jpg]
no because it's not true

"RUBIO: "Welders make more money than philosophers."

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Not so, on average.

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Rubio is arguing that the U.S. has failed to invest in vocational training — a point also stressed by President Barack Obama's now-defunct jobs council. But Rubio is wrong to suggest that studying philosophy is a waste of money and time.

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">PayScale, a firm that analyzes compensation, put the median mid-career income for philosophy majors at $81,200 in 2008, with welders making $26,002 to $63,698.

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">And Georgetown University's Center on Education and the Workforce said in a 2014 analysis that median incomes were $68,000 for people with an advanced degree in philosophy or religious studies.

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">So knowing Plato and getting a college degree still pays off."

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/...tcmp=hpbt1

Quote:The economy hasn't been a big problem the past two elections. Now, all of a sudden, people will believe Ted "Shut Down the Government" Cruz is going to be an economic savior? I don't think he'll be perceived that way.

as usual, you haven't been paying attention.  In reality all over the country the past 3 election cycles have seen the democrats loose a dozen gubernatorial seats 70 seats in the house a dozen senate seats and nearly a thousand seats in state legislatures.  The only outlier has been the re-election of the most unique candidate in the history of american politics.  you aren't going to have that option when you run a woman who has been in politics longer than some voters have been alive.

Quote:no because it's not true

"RUBIO: "Welders make more money than philosophers."

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Not so, on average.

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Rubio is arguing that the U.S. has failed to invest in vocational training — a point also stressed by President Barack Obama's now-defunct jobs council. But Rubio is wrong to suggest that studying philosophy is a waste of money and time.

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">PayScale, a firm that analyzes compensation, put the median mid-career income for philosophy majors at $81,200 in 2008, with welders making $26,002 to $63,698.

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">And Georgetown University's Center on Education and the Workforce said in a 2014 analysis that median incomes were $68,000 for people with an advanced degree in philosophy or religious studies.

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">So knowing Plato and getting a college degree still pays off."

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="font-size:17px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/...tcmp=hpbt1

did they include or exclude the guys who then went on to law school?

Rand Paul makes too much sense to get elected.

Quote:This post-grad job hunt is stressing me out. I'm just gonna quit, vote Democrat and collect handouts for the rest of my life. Food stamps, unemployment, health care, welfare. Maybe Hillary will buy me a house and pay my student loans.

Did Obama put gas in your car?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Rand Paul makes too much sense to get elected.
unfortunately - yes

There are good points on all individuals, however, they dont agree on a lot. Paul makes total sense when hes against more military spending. More? On what? Nation rebuilding? Training Iraq military? Spend smarter, not more. Carly is out of her mind, her war hawk attitude makes Cheney look like a dove. Trump? No substance, all blather. Talks a big games, but has zero substance on how. Repealing the heathcare act? Good talking points, but good luck with that one. Create more jobs, but keep wages low to stay competitive with China and 3rd world companies according to Trump. 

I truly am trying to find someone with substance, but so far? Zippo. Kasich has some good points, but is clearly getting frustrated. I dont mind Rand Pauls takes on some issues, but he hasnt got a chance any more than Rubio...thinking youth may hurt them. So whats left? Trump? Carson? Bush? 

And as trite and trivial as it is, looks do play a factor. So the schoolmarm who raps her knuckles against students and looks like she just got a whiff of one of Trumps gas leaks is done, and Cruz looks like Mr Burns from the Simpsons. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but stats show, looks do play a factor. ...  thats why the Bern will have an uphill battle vs squirrel cheeks.

There Im done being shallow and insensitive.

Blakes Life Matters