Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Next Republican Debate

Quote:did they include or exclude the guys who then went on to law school?

Like he knows lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2015, 02:52 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:As a Centrist Populist my hope is that we don't have another Bush or Clinton in the White House. This is not a dynasty. This is a democracy. I fully support whomever the American people elect, because it is the core of our democracy. We vote! If you don't like the elected candidate, too bad, it's what the American people decided.

In my lifetime we have had a Bush or Clinton in the White house for 20 years. For a 40 year old that's half of your life.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

You are contradicting yourself. The people elected Clinton and the Bush dad/son. People keep talking about a Bush or Clinton dynasty as if there were no elections involved. Heck, if Hilary is elected it will be 16 years since Bill, and there were 8 years between the Bush presidencies.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:You vote republican?

Yep.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:as usual, you haven't been paying attention.  In reality all over the country the past 3 election cycles have seen the democrats loose a dozen gubernatorial seats 70 seats in the house a dozen senate seats and nearly a thousand seats in state legislatures.  The only outlier has been the re-election of the most unique candidate in the history of american politics.  you aren't going to have that option when you run a woman who has been in politics longer than some voters have been alive.

You've been asleep for about ten years? As I stated in an earlier post it's hard to gerrymander a presidential election. Tell me what states your boy (Cruz  is your boy I assume) is going to win that Obama won in 2012?

You can't win when your constituency is only middle-aged angry white males (and a few evangelical women). Ted Cruz will be so easy to demonize it will look like Johnson v Goldwater in 1964.

Quote:He's being ~edgy

Weren't you saying Bernie had a chance? Talk about edgy - and way wrong.

Quote:You've been asleep for about ten years? As I stated in an earlier post it's hard to gerrymander a presidential election. Tell me what states your boy (Cruz  is your boy I assume) is going to win that Obama won in 2012?

You can't win when your constituency is only middle-aged angry white males (and a few evangelical women). Ted Cruz will be so easy to demonize it will look like Johnson v Goldwater in 1964.

lol...  so what you're telling me is that we won those senate seats and gubernatorial seats just by gerrymandering?  That's preposterous.  Florida, virginia, ohio, and iowa with an outside shot at michigan.  

1.) Cruz is already tied of ahead of hillary and we are early in the process.  

2.) Defending this economy is going to be tough.  The last time the countries labor force participation rate was at this level the country chose a guy named Ronald Reagan to fix it.  

3.) As a proud black conservative and someone competent enough to know the difference between old age insurance and a retirement program you can stick your played out stereotypes where the sun don't shine.  

Now that's change you can believe in.  

Quote:lol... so what you're telling me is that we won those senate seats and gubernatorial seats just by gerrymandering? That's preposterous. Florida, virginia, ohio, and iowa with an outside shot at michigan.

2.) Defending this economy is going to be tough. The last time the countries labor force participation rate was at this level the country chose a guy named Ronald Reagan to fix it.

3.) As a proud black conservative and someone competent enough to know the difference between old age insurance and a retirement program you can stick your played out stereotypes where the sun don't shine.

Every now and then I take a peek to see if you have made an attempt to rejoin reality. I can see you still have not

I'll be watching the debate to see if I can catch any of this:

[Image: giphy.gif]

- Bob Marley

Quote:You are contradicting yourself. The people elected Clinton and the Bush dad/son. People keep talking about a Bush or Clinton dynasty as if there were no elections involved. Heck, if Hilary is elected it will be 16 years since Bill, and there were 8 years between the Bush presidencies.
I"m not contradicting myself. Unless you can't understand the meaning of "hope". I hope to not see it, but I will support it if it happens. And thanks for the history lesson.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

Quote:lol...  so what you're telling me is that we won those senate seats and gubernatorial seats just by gerrymandering?  That's preposterous.  Florida, virginia, ohio, and iowa with an outside shot at michigan.  

2.) Defending this economy is going to be tough.  The last time the countries labor force participation rate was at this level the country chose a guy named Ronald Reagan to fix it.  

Dream on ... let us know when you emerge from your coma.

If you think anyone believes Cruz will be elected to fix the economy ...

And what in the world does 3.) have to do with anything?

Quote:2.) Defending this economy is going to be tough.  The last time the countries labor force participation rate was at this level the country chose a guy named Ronald Reagan to fix it.
Ted Cruz has as much in common with Ronald Reagan as Ayatollah Khomeini did.

Quote:I"m not contradicting myself. Unless you can't understand the meaning of "hope". I hope to not see it, but I will support it if it happens. And thanks for the history lesson.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

What you hope for was not the point. The contradiction was saying we are in a democracy and our presidents are elected, then calling the Bush and (possible) Clinton presidencies dynasties. There is no birthright involved, no succession of royalty. The people elected them, they were not granted a throne.

- Bob Marley

I actually used to be a liberal. At a certain point coming up with cheesy one liners in the face of facts and data got boring.

And adam thats a little inside joke to remind me that most of the most ardent supporters of liberalism have veey little clue what they actually believe.

Interesting article on TPP. Rand said to Trump during the debate that China is not in the TPP, which is true. However, the TPP does benefit China despite being outside the trade deal.

https://theintercept.com/2015/11/11/trum...ing-china/

Also, China has already been invited to join the TPP since it is a fluid partnership.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/for...a-into-tpp

Kind of strange that Rand would attack Trump on the TPP considering he himself is against it as well.

Quote:Every now and then I take a peek to see if you have made an attempt to rejoin reality. I can see you still have not
Reality is being a bleeding liberal?  If you don't agree with the liberal agenda or policies you are extreme?  

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Interesting article on TPP. Rand said to Trump during the debate that China is not in the TPP, which is true. However, the TPP does benefit China despite being outside the trade deal.

https://theintercept.com/2015/11/11/trum...ing-china/

Also, China has already been invited to join the TPP since it is a fluid partnership.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/for...a-into-tpp

Kind of strange that Rand would attack Trump on the TPP considering he himself is against it as well.

great post, good info.  This is another example of why the debate format isn't really all that great for informing the voter on the big things that government does.  This is going to massively affect jobs and people's livelihoods.  You can't condense that much information into a meaningful 90 seconds.  

I will say this, i haven't made up my mind yet but when it comes to these kinds of negotiations i trust trump a heck of a lot further than i would trust obama/clinton.

Quote:Reality is being a bleeding liberal? If you don't agree with the liberal agenda or policies you are extreme?

Is that what I said or what you want to think I said since I didn't actually say that?

Quote:great post, good info.  This is another example of why the debate format isn't really all that great for informing the voter on the big things that government does.  This is going to massively affect jobs and people's livelihoods.  You can't condense that much information into a meaningful 90 seconds.  

I will say this, i haven't made up my mind yet but when it comes to these kinds of negotiations i trust trump a heck of a lot further than i would trust obama/clinton.

These "debates" aren't debates - they are joint press conferences, more about performance and personality than substance.

I'm not sure your average voter is about substance, other than a particular issue they happen to get worked up about. It seems to be more about which candidate conforms to my general beliefs and biases.

I just hope it's true that as we get closer to an actual election and come to understand that Clinton will be the Democratic nominee Republican voters will start to consider which Republican candidate can actually defeat Hillary.

Im pretty sure thet are all polling pretty well against her. I still think she is a flawed candidate. Shes just not great with people.

Quote:great post, good info. This is another example of why the debate format isn't really all that great for informing the voter on the big things that government does. This is going to massively affect jobs and people's livelihoods. You can't condense that much information into a meaningful 90 seconds.

While I have no trust in Obama/Clinton negotiating trade deals why in the world would you trust Trump? His businesses could benefit tremendously from favorable foreign labor markets, and low to no import export taxes shifting that burden on domestic competitors. Remember this is a guy that openly admits to buying off politicians, has expressed global liberal beliefs until he decided to run as a republican, he's literally got more to gain through tpp style legislation than any other candidate republican or democrat.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]