Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL NBA THREAD ***

Quote:Pistons looking good today

Woulda, shoulda, coulda.................................but didn'ta.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Still early in the series. I'm sure nobody thought it would be that close of a game.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2016, 07:27 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Woulda, shoulda, coulda.................................but didn'ta.

The Pistons have a very young core and probably the youngest core in the playoffs. No one is expecting anything, but regardless this playoff experience is invaluable (even if it ends up being a sweep).

Quote:The Pistons have a very young core and probably the youngest core in the playoffs. No one is expecting anything, but regardless this playoff experience is invaluable (even if it ends up being a sweep).
+1

I'm not feeling how selfish Jackson is being late in games.

Quote:I'm not feeling how selfish Jackson is being late in games.

During the season, he was a bum through quarters 1-3 and a stud in quarter 4. If he could just put together some full games that would be nice.

Still, our biggest weakness is Steve Blake. He's terrible. Our starters are playing Cleveland even but the bench is just outmatched.

Celtics come from 16 back to beat Hawks in OT, tie series 2-2/ Marcus Smart was huge. Millsap had like 45 for Atlanta.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:During the season, he was a bum through quarters 1-3 and a stud in quarter 4. If he could just put together some full games that would be nice.

Still, our biggest weakness is Steve Blake. He's terrible. Our starters are playing Cleveland even but the bench is just outmatched.

This hack-a-Drummond crap is so bush league.

Quote:This hack-a-Drummond crap is so bush league.

They'll fix the rule. Free throws should be a deterrent to fouling, not a reward.

Although Drummond carries plenty of blame for how terrible he shoots them.

True story. I'm excited to see where this team headed.

Quote:This hack-a-Drummond crap is so bush league.

Learn to make free throws.

The other team is giving you "free" points, take advantage of them.

It's your own fault if you can't make free throws.

When you shoot free throws as bad as him, it's more mental then anything.

Free throws are something you can practice for as long as you want to by yourself.

Surely they have a asst. coach on the team that can help him find a way to improve to at least a somewhat respectable free throw pct.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:They'll fix the rule. Free throws should be a deterrent to fouling, not a reward.
They need to, but won't. There has been to much of this in the past that could have/should have forced the NBA to change the rule, but it hasn't happened.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I actually like the hacking.  It represents a game of chess between the 2 head coaches.  Making the decision to take someone like DeAndre Jordan out of the game with 4 minutes to play is critical.

Quote:Learn to make free throws.

The other team is giving you "free" points, take advantage of them.

It's your own fault if you can't make free throws.

When you shoot free throws as bad as him, it's more mental then anything.

Free throws are something you can practice for as long as you want to by yourself.

Surely they have a asst. coach on the team that can help him find a way to improve to at least a somewhat respectable free throw pct.

Free Throws should be a deterrent to fouling, not a reward for it. Period.

Quote:I actually like the hacking.  It represents a game of chess between the 2 head coaches.  Making the decision to take someone like DeAndre Jordan out of the game with 4 minutes to play is critical.

It's not really a chess match. It's nothing more than an insult to the way the game is/was meant to be played.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2016, 07:38 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Free Throws should be a deterrent to fouling, not a reward for it. Period.
I can see both sides of the argument. If it is a reward then take the easy points. Not sure what's to complain about if it's a reward?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Hacking has gone on since the days of Wilt Chamberlain. I'd be down with eliminating free throws entirely and dropping the permissible fouls to 5 and you're gone. You could even add a wrinkle that if a guy doesn't log a set # of minutes through 3 quarters then he's gone with just 3 fouls.

Nothing worse, IMO, than watching a good game deteriorate into watching the players walking to and from the foul lines over the last 10 minutes. It's great for TV commercials though.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:I can see both sides of the argument. If it is a reward then, take the easy points. Not sure what's to complain about if it's a reward?

I'm saying that FTs aren't meant to be a reward for the team committing the foul.

Quote:I'm saying that FTs aren't meant to be a reward for the team committing the foul.

They wouldn't be if the guy was better at shooting them...

It's his fault and nobody else's that he can't make them.