Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL NBA THREAD ***

Quote:And part of that is caused by to any teams in the NBA (and the NHL, but that's a different thread) that make the playoffs. It's a joke. The real playoffs start round two. I know there have been upsets, bound to happen with the set up, but my point still remains.

Are you proposing they should get rid of the 1st round of the playoffs in an attempt to prevent injury?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And part of that is caused by to any teams in the NBA (and the NHL, but that's a different thread) that make the playoffs. It's a joke. The real playoffs start round two. I know there have been upsets, bound to happen with the set up, but my point still remains.

if $$ were not a factor, they would trim the playoff teams down to 12 with the top 2 teams of each conference getting a bye.  The 1st round should be best of 5 and feature #3 vs #6 and #4 vs #5 in each conference.

Don't forget the NBA Playoffs begin at 6pm tonight (Tuesday) --- pretty key games 

6pm -> pacers v raptors

8:30 -> celtics v hawks

Quote:Exactly. I agree. So step up and sink the Free throws.

They'll never take out the intentional foul, but they could tweak it for sure. The rule should make the person with the ball the foul shooter. Not someone off the ball like Drummond. That's the part I dislike.

I just read SVG's comments on this and he is right. As I was typing the part above I was thinking about the last two minutes he was talking about.

That is another reasonable solution to the other three that I offered. Also, another thing to consider is that in college basketball, an intentional off-ball foul is a FT and retain possession. I think that works well to keep crappy hack-a-whoever strategies out of the game.

Quote:OK Piston fans.  

Would you rather be swept 4-0 (in competitive games) and have that on your historical record

or

Be like the Mavs and win 1 game but get blown out in the other 4 ?

From a viewing standpoint, the Pistons looked a lot better than the Mavs BUT they'll have to live with the "got swept" term for future years to come.

With the Pistons core being so young, I'll take the way it went down. Playing the #1 team in the East so close for 3 of the 4 games should make this team hungry while giving them the confidence to take that next step. Winning 1 and getting blown out the other 4 would have the feel of a lucky game rather than exchanging blows with the leagues elite.

Quote:With the Pistons core being so young, I'll take the way it went down. Playing the #1 team in the East so close for 3 of the 4 games should make this team hungry while giving them the confidence to take that next step. Winning 1 and getting blown out the other 4 would have the feel of a lucky game rather than exchanging blows with the leagues elite.

I agree.  The fact that you have titles to claim in your historic past far outweighs getting swept.  That and the fact that you can claim that you're "close" versus the Mavs who, as a franchise, I think have the arrow pointing downward.

Quote:I agree.  The fact that you have titles to claim in your historic past far outweighs getting swept.  That and the fact that you can claim that you're "close" versus the Mavs who, as a franchise, I think have the arrow pointing downward.

That's how I see it. For the Mavs it seems like "we are only good enough to win 1 game now...." for the Pistons it seems like "wow, we traded punches with the #1 team in the East". Neither series was close, but I think the two teams come away with different feelings.

Blake Griffin out of the playoffs. Chris Paul out 4-6 weeks.

Quote:Are you proposing they should get rid of the 1st round of the playoffs in an attempt to prevent injury?

It should go back to best of 5. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:That is another reasonable solution to the other three that I offered. Also, another thing to consider is that in college basketball, an intentional off-ball foul is a FT and retain possession. I think that works well to keep crappy hack-a-whoever strategies out of the game.
Id be fine with retain possession

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Are you proposing they should get rid of the 1st round of the playoffs in an attempt to prevent injury?
No not because of injury. There are to many teams who make the playoffs. The first round is watered down. Doesn't really start til round two.

;

And the NBA playoffs drag on for 2 months. That's insane lol.

Orlando fans sure post in this thread a lot more early in the season than late in the season.

Next year: Rinse, wash, repeat?

Quote:Orlando fans sure post in this thread a lot more early in the season than late in the season.

The Magic won as many games in the 2016 playoffs as the Pistons did though.

;

Quote:Orlando fans sure post in this thread a lot more early in the season than late in the season.

You should be thanking Jimmy Bulter for getting injured and missing a good chunk of the season. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:The Magic won as many games in the 2016 playoffs as the Pistons did though.

44-38 > 35-47.

Pistons > Magic.

Quote:You should be thanking Jimmy Bulter for getting injured and missing a good chunk of the season. 

I should thank the Orlando FO for gifting us Tobias Harris. The Pistons don't finish above .500 without that trade.

Spurs score 43 in the 1st quarter. I don't think this series will be as close as people think.

Leonard is a superstar that nobody knows about. He added the 3 point shot to his already deadly skill set. Aldridge is playing well. They will give Golden state fits.

Quote:Leonard is a superstar that nobody knows about. He added the 3 point shot to his already deadly skill set. Aldridge is playing well. They will give Golden state fits.

Leonard is fairly well known as a superstar but yeah LMA has been balling the last few months.