Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL NBA THREAD ***

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016, 05:10 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Not a Magic fan here. 

I'd rather barely make the playoffs and lose in the first round than barely miss the playoffs. I just don't think the difference between the two is much. 

For a veteran team like the Mavericks or something I agree. For a young team, getting past the hump of the franchise not making the playoffs since 2009 is a nice building block.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:For a veteran team like the Mavericks or something I agree. For a young team, getting past the hump of the franchise not making the playoffs since 2009 is a nice building block.

Possibly. We will see. For the record, I like Van Gundy as a coach and I think they have a nice roster. Drummond is a stud.

;

;

Quote:It's a great building block for a young team. It's weird to say otherwise.

Also, getting swept by the #1 seed isn't terrible for a team like the Pistons that had no chance at competing this year. It shows the young core how far away they still and how much work still needs to be put it. They get the confidence of the Pistons making the playoffs for the first time in years and then the reality check of going up against the best in the East.
Whether that is true or not, it has nothing to do with my take on it being to many in the playoffs.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2016, 09:37 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Sure. Who could you argue besides LeBron and Curry? I'd even argue he is better than Curry because he is great at both ends of the court, not to mention can create his own shot without 5 moving screens, but for arguments sake, I will put him behind Curry. Who is better that I didn't name?
I'd say Lebron, Curry, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Anthony Davis off top of my head.

After thinking for a bit, I could make a case for Kyle Lowry, and Paul George.

;

Quote:I'd say Lebron, Curry, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Anthony Davis off top of my head.

After thinking for a bit, I could make a case for Kyle Lowry, and Paul George.

Westbrook without a doubt. I'd say he has passed Durant as being the best player on OKC.

;

;

Quote:Westbrook without a doubt. I'd say he has passed Durant as being the best player on OKC.
Boy that's a tough one, but yea, you may be right. I really like Westbrook.

;

I am calling Kawhi a top 3 player based on his presence on both ends of the floor. DPOY 2 years in a row and is now a serious offensive threat.

Durant, Westbrook, Lowry, and George are not great defenders. All great offensive players though.

Quote:I am calling Kawhi a top 3 player based on his presence on both ends of the floor. DPOY 2 years in a row and is now a serious offensive threat.

Durant, Westbrook, Lowry, and George are not great defenders. All great offensive players though.

George is a great defender.

Quote:Whether that is true or not, it has nothing to do with my take on it being to many in the playoffs.

I never said it did.

I don't know about you guys but I'm making good money on the NBA playoffs win margins.Cleveland +10 ,Spurs 1-10 and have Heat to win tomorrow for 160.

Quote:I don't know about you guys but I'm making good money on the NBA playoffs win margins.Cleveland +10 ,Spurs 1-10 and have Heat to win tomorrow for 160.

Cleveland +10 was very much in danger for most of Friday night, but they got it done by the time the game was over.

II can't remember the last time I saw a player just blatantly shove LeBron James like Teague did.

Looks like you are "stealing the show" with you betting patterns.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Some more Kawhilights last night to justify my top 3 rating.

On another note, is there a more underachieving team than OKC? Donovan is essentially the same coach as Scott Brooks. How do you not find a way to get the ball in Durants hands every possession???

Durant will look good in the black and silver next year.

Leonard/Aldridge/Green/Durant/Parker

Quote:Cleveland +10 was very much in danger for most of Friday night, but they got it done by the time the game was over.

II can't remember the last time I saw a player just blatantly shove LeBron James like Teague did.

Looks like you are "stealing the show" with you betting patterns.

Yeah was touch and go but I figured with the way they're shooting the 3 they'd run up a big lead eventually. That was a scumbag move by Teague. The fan took it like a champ.

[BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP]

Quote:[BAD WORD REMOVED] [BAD WORD REMOVED] [BAD WORD REMOVED]

I'm guessing you can just repeat this after todays Cavs 1 point closeout victory?

Quote:I'm guessing you can just repeat this after todays Cavs 1 point closeout victory?

Haha luckily I had them 1-10. Spurs 1-10 ,Heat 1-10 and Warriors win today! Not feeling too confident bout the Warriors..

LeBron is a smart man staying in the East. Cakewalk to finals every year. Only have to get hot one series and gets to play a team that has likely been battle tested the past 2 series.

Quote:LeBron is a smart man staying in the East. Cakewalk to finals every year. Only have to get hot one series and gets to play a team that has likely been battle tested the past 2 series.

Until next year Smile

Quote:Until next year Smile

What happens next year?