Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars cut House, looking to deal Marks

Quote:y cant we cut Henne and Alualu?

Alualu is going to FA
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Question of the year??

I still dont understand the resigning of Henne. 

Quote:Alualu is going to FA

Oh yes. Oh heck yes!!

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Oh yes. Oh heck yes!!

Why? He's a solid rotational guy who does what's asked of him. He'll never live up to his draft position but that's not his fault. He's cheap, quality depth at worst.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I'm not saying House was great by any means, but to have him as your 4th corner behind Ramsey, Bouye or other FA, and Colvin, you could probably do worse.

As far as Sen'Derrick goes, he's 30 years old, coming off of 2 injury riddled seasons, and entering the last year of his contract. Also he was pretty vocal about his frustration with his playing time last year. I like trading guys you know you won't be resigning instead of just losing them to free agency the following year. Take what you can get, because anythings better than nothing.
Generally, you would get some kind of compensatory pick if he were to leave via free agency. Probably a 6th or 7th, but what better are the Jags going to get via trade? They only got a 7th for a prized free agent TE only 2 years ago.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I still dont understand the resigning of Henne.

Oh yes. Oh heck yes!!

Apparently because of his relationship with Blake!

Quote:Apparently because of his relationship with Blake!

No offense to anyone but thats [BLEEP]. Blake needs competition. Not a babysitter.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:No offense to anyone but thats [BLEEP]. Blake needs competition. Not a babysitter.

I agree... Hopefully TC sees this sooner rather then later.

Quote:No offense to anyone but thats [BLEEP]. Blake needs competition. Not a babysitter.

The whole "Henne is good for Blake" narrative stopped making sense as soon as Blake's technique fell into the Grand Canyon early in the 2016 season and Henne was on the sideline like the road runner watching Wile Coyote plummet:

[Image: WEC.jpg]

Marks due $1 million roster bonus today...If he isn't cut today, I guess he will be sticking around...Coughlin does value veteran presence..No surprise that Barry Church and Calias Campbell were both Defensive Captains for their former teams.

Quote:Marks due $1 million roster bonus today...If he isn't cut today, I guess he will be sticking around...Coughlin does value veteran presence..No surprise that Barry Church and Calias Campbell were both Defensive Captains for their former teams.
Not for nothing, but Marks was one of the people who complained about PT during the season.

I do get the sense that Marks like Wash, and that Wash likes Marks. So perhaps that will be resolved. But if he complained about PT last season, imagine now that we have Campbell in addition to Malik, re-signed Abry, 2nd year Day, and the possibility of Allen/Thomas from the draft.

Quote:Marks due $1 million roster bonus today...If he isn't cut today, I guess he will be sticking around...Coughlin does value veteran presence..No surprise that Barry Church and Calias Campbell were both Defensive Captains for their former teams.

Marks' bonus is due on the 13th of this month according to rotoworld. 

I like him and would love to see him in the interior rotation but he may just be a victim of a numbers game at DT. How many can they keep?

If they don't think Miller will come back from the achilles injury that may affect Marks' release or retaining.

Of course then they'll need some kind of plan B at NT since Jones would be the only guy on the roster in that role. 

Speaking out about wanting more playing time is no big deal. Many coaches want their players to gripe about staying on the field.  Competitiveness is good. 

He did, however, speak out after the 2015 season in language that could easily be construed to be indicting of the rah-rah culture of Bradley's locker room.  Coughlin may or may not see that as not "team-first" enough for his old-school philosophy. 

This is what i am tracking:

Contract Notes: $4.8 million guaranteed (2014 base, 2014 roster bonus, signing bonus)

2015 salary becomes fully guaranteed on 3/10/2015

2016 Roster Bonus: $1M (3/9/16)

2017 Roster Bonus: $1M (due 3/9/2017)

Annual Workout Bonus: $25,000

2014: $600,000 incentive for 8 sacks

Quote:This is what i am tracking:

Contract Notes: $4.8 million guaranteed (2014 base, 2014 roster bonus, signing bonus)

2015 salary becomes fully guaranteed on 3/10/2015

2016 Roster Bonus: $1M (3/9/16)

2017 Roster Bonus: $1M (due 3/9/2017)

Annual Workout Bonus: $25,000

2014: $600,000 incentive for 8 sacks
Could be more accurate than rotoworld. 

What is your source of this info? 

Looking over Jags contracts, it appears Posluszny gets a roster bonus on the 13th of March...Maybe thats the confusion?

Quote:Could be more accurate than rotoworld. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-.../cap/2017/

Quote:Could be more accurate than rotoworld. 

I don't see this info about Marks on Rotoworld..Do you have a link?

Quote:I don't see this info about Marks on Rotoworld..Do you have a link?
Just click on "contract details" on his player's page. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5100...rick-marks

This is not uncommon. These two sites often have conflicting info on these things.  It just happened with Julius Thomas a few weeks ago as well. 

Quote:Just click on "contract details" on his player's page. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5100...rick-marks

This is not uncommon. These two sites often have conflicting info on these things.  It just happened with Julius Thomas a few weeks ago as well. 
Got it, thanks. Only the Jags and Marks know for sure..The more info (even if conflicting) the better...Maybe they are able to wait a few extra days to find a trade partner who misses out on a DT in early FA? I just dont see them paying the bonus to keep him, either today or on the 13th...

Marks cut. No bonus as expected.