Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars cut House, looking to deal Marks

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2017, 02:27 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:The cb position is looking kind of weak.

Yep.  Just lost or likely to lose a starter and now a backup.

Though LDE and RB are opportunities as well.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2017, 03:07 PM by Predator.)

Marks is a great player if healthy.

If has been the big question while here.

House is just a guy. He never lived up to the expectations. He costs too much for what he brings.

Marks hasn't been 100 percent since his injury and last yr he did ok but wasn't playing at a high level. So he won't be missed

So we are cleaning house again...it is a mini rebuild, say what you may.

I just wonder if we are going to use that to lower expectations yet again. As in, it's a revamped D, even if upgraded, give em time to gel. Like how much time, 2018?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:I hope they're just trying to trade Marks but willl still keep him if they can't.

Agreed.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:So we are cleaning house again...it is a mini rebuild, say what you may.

I just wonder if we are going to use that to lower expectations yet again. As in, it's a revamped D, even if upgraded, give em time to gel. Like how much time, 2018?

All those contracts were written to do this, if players don't work out then we aren't tied to them long term.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

cheeky lol

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2017, 05:13 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

Seems to be a case of Tom clearing out the potential locker room cancers and complainers.

Quote:Seems to be a case of Tom clearing out the potential locker room cancers and complainers.

Culture shift. The Gus Funk is gettin' purged.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Marks is due a $1m roster bonus on 3/9, so I hope they find a trade partner pretty quick.  He is due $4.4m this year, combining roster bonus and salary.  The return of Bennett, growth of Day, and last year's signing of Jackson has made Marks expendable.  Plus, Marks is vocally not happy with limited snaps.  Take the cash (and lesser extent the cap) to find and fill another position of need on the roster.  Good move.

House is due $6m this year in salary.  He has under-performed, and is not worth the salary.  He, like Marks, is not happy with his limited playing time.  Good move to move on.  

Quote:Marks is due a $1m roster bonus on 3/9, so I hope they find a trade partner pretty quick. He is due $4.4m this year, combining roster bonus and salary. The return of Bennett, growth of Day, and last year's signing of Jackson has made Marks expendable. Plus, Marks is vocally not happy with limited snaps. Take the cash (and lesser extent the cap) to find and fill another position of need on the roster. Good move.

House is due $6m this year in salary. He has under-performed, and is not worth the salary. He, like Marks, is not happy with his limited playing time. Good move to move on.

If the jags want a CB who can come in and give Ramsey a break and get burned every time they can sign me for league minimum lol

Quote:Don't like getting rid of Marks unless we get a decent pick

You must forget that time he, a single player who plays on the dline, single-handedly cost us a game because of his stupidity or lack of care.

The guy has been a bummer in my eyes ever since, and it's no surprise Tom wants to move on.

He had a couple good years here, but had an injury bug. I'd like to keep him because I know what he's capable of when healthy, but we have Day and Malik.

It is almost a guarantee that none of these moves would be made if Tom never came here.  We wouldnt of cut House, Odrick, or trade Thomas or Marks.  I don't think Dave would of made any of these moves.

Quote:All those contracts were written to do this, if players don't work out then we aren't tied to them long term.

Understood. Contractual structure is not the concern, overall performance is. You've lost 3 starters thus far on D, Cyp, Prince, Odrick. They may have been weaker links, but when you bring in their replacements, do we expect instant meshing? Doesn't quite work that way oftentimes. How long do you give the new pieces to blend and perform optimally? I just sense a rebuild with the accompanying mantra of give em time to gel. Meaning another year of..., even if it's a likely upgraded unit.

I support the moves, but fear the inevitable lapses in the short term. But we are immune to those anyway. Carry on FO.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

No big loss with either of these guys. Marks had one very good year, but his best days are behind him. Let's see if Bennett or Day can show significant improvement and stay healthy. Unfortunately, I don't expect the Jaguars to get more than a 7th round pick for Marks and they probably will have to just cut him like they did House.

Quote:It is almost a guarantee that none of these moves would be made if Tom never came here.  We wouldnt of cut House, Odrick, or trade Thomas or Marks.  I don't think Dave would of made any of these moves.
lol you really do like to just blatantly assume a lot of things don't you?

Quote:lol you really do like to just blatantly assume a lot of things don't you?
What do you think?

Quote:What do you think?
It's obvious

Quote:It's obvious
Exactly what I thought, most of us feel that way.  I don't think he would have either