Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars cut House, looking to deal Marks

Quote:Defensively we made strides. 7th in yards allowed I believe compared to high 20's the year before. We didn't make a huge change in points allowed though.

But yeah, not good enough. Still makes me hopeful that replacing 2-3 started won't be a huge problem

A lot of the points allowed were the result of the offense putting them in bad field position, or them being gassed from always being on the field.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:fair enough, do you think those moves would of been made if Tom wasn't here?
We'll never know if they would have, or wouldn't have. You can't really speculate on something like that, because it's all hindsight and we'd literally never be able to know.

Just for the questions sake though, if I had to guess, I'd say the only move that maybe wouldn't have happened was the declining of Beachum's option.

None of the other moves have been surprising at all and I could easily see them all happening whether Tom was here or not.

Quote:We'll never know if they would have, or wouldn't have. You can't really speculate on something like that, because it's all hindsight and we'd literally never be able to know.

Just for the questions sake though, if I had to guess, I'd say the only move that maybe wouldn't have happened was the declining of Beachum's option.

None of the other moves have been surprising at all and I could easily see them all happening whether Tom was here or not.
I guess you believe in Dave more than me after seeing what he has done the last 4 years.

I'm surprised we havn't resigned Cyp yet. He was the 7th best safety in the entire NFL last year after all.

Quote:I'm surprised we havn't resigned Cyp yet. He was the 7th best safety in the entire NFL last year after all.
lol

Quote:I'm surprised we havn't resigned Cyp yet. He was the 7th best safety in the entire NFL last year after all.

Letting Cyp go won't look so clever if we fail to land someone better.

Not bothered about House and Marks go though - neither had good seasons and Marks attitude wasn't any better than Odrick's.

Quote:Letting Cyp go won't look so clever if we fail to land someone better.

Not bothered about House and Marks go though - neither had good seasons and Marks attitude wasn't any better than Odrick's.

What he does won't be hard to replace at all. Those kind of guys are dime a dozen in the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2017, 06:35 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

Quote:This post made Marks jump offsides

I was so disappointed in him being the most veteran player on the dline and at the same time, one of the most undisciplined, at the most inopportune times.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:I was so dissapointed in him being the most veteran player on the dline and at the same time, one of the most undisciplined, at the most inopportune times.

Its honestly one of the stupidest plays I have ever seen in the NFL. Everybody at home, in the stadium and on the sideline knew what they were doing...apart from Marks.

Quote:Defensively we made strides. 7th in yards allowed I believe compared to high 20's the year before. We didn't make a huge change in points allowed though.

But yeah, not good enough. Still makes me hopeful that replacing 2-3 started won't be a huge problem

Not a huge problem at all, just another factor in the equation for 2017 Jags D. The play of the new guys will be examined.

The strides are theoretical.  The defense is markedly improved, but they weren't a difference making D that could dictate games, and as you stated, gave up critical points.  Now, the unit is likely to be retooled with better players.  We'll wait to assess the new version.  One merely hopes it is better.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:A lot of the points allowed were the result of the offense putting them in bad field position, or them being gassed from always being on the field.

Oy Jaxson, this is about the D, stay on topic son

Quote:Its honestly one of the stupidest plays I have ever seen in the NFL. Everybody at home, in the stadium and on the sideline knew what they were doing...apart from Marks.

exactly. I'm sitting there like....... mouth gaping and astonished. "Well.. found yet another way to lose. Thanks Marks!"
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Oy Jaxson, this is about the D, stay on topic son

That was on topic. It's 2 valid reasons as to why the D had a poor PPG allowed stat.

House officially cut
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The departure of either player will have no negative impact on this club, hopefully their replacements will however be a positive
A good loser is a good loser

I do hope House catches on and has success somewhere outside of the division. He seems like a very down to Earth, good guy. His blog posts were great.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:That was on topic. It's 2 valid reasons as to why the D had a poor PPG allowed stat.

Defensive points allowed was discussed to great heights, with some solid research and good numbers put forth factoring turnovers, short field, ST gaffes etc...points conceded when the D was not on the field or put in point blank range.  I know mate.  Was in jest.

House was classy and thanked Jacksonville and the city because of how he was welcomed here and his time here.

Wish him the best!

y cant we cut Henne and Alualu?

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:y cant we cut Henne and Alualu?

Question of the year??