Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
HURNS

Warren Moon, Antonio Gates, Wes Welker, Arian Foster

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The best undrafted free agent pickup of the past two years and arguably the best in NFL history

Wait, what?

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 09:55 PM by NH3.)

Quote:tell TD hi, but he was drafted
You're absolutely correct. He was drafted in the Sixth round. My Bag, I meant to add another name, Arian Foster...

I Stand Corrected...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:HURNS! WHOEVER SCOUTED HURNS NEEDS A BONUS!!! BETTER THAN MOST OF OUR PAST FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS, SERIOUSLY.

He is tough!  That is one of his best character attributes, in that he plays injured at time when other WR (cough) Lee (cough) wouldn't. 

The other thing is that his toughness gets him touchdowns as he isn't afraid to make the tough catches knowing he is going to feel pain, and it takes a lot to tackle him as he can bounce off of a few guys when he is close to the endzone...

The other thing is he is fast, sneaky fast runs great routes, and his awareness is better than most give him credit for.. he does need to improve his hands & jumping a bit as AR15 is better at that big high tough catches but they are simply different types of WRs and need to be used towards their strengths.

Quote:Honestly, it probably was all Jedd Fisch that got him here. Knew the system from Miami so figured this was his best shot.

Kinda curious how many teams called him.
Considering that he signed, iirc, a couple of weeks after the draft, presumably not many.

Quote:Remember when people were saying he was overrated?
Hard to be overrated as an undrafted free agent. I'm not yet sold on him as the top receiver, but he's a good one and will be for a long time.

Quote:The best undrafted free agent pickup of the past two years and arguably the best in NFL history
Willie Brown, John Randle, Warren Moon and Lou "The Toe" Groza were all undrafted free agents. They're also all in the Hall of Fame. I know there are others I'm forgetting.

That clutch catch photo made him look like superman.. his elbow is going to hurt!!!

Quote:It's the universe making up for Blackmon

Great post!!!
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Quote:He ain't Jimmy. But he could be Keenan 2.0.
His competetive spirit reminds me a lot of Keenan. Guy will give you 100% on every snap. The guy is a winner and a joy to watch.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 11:19 PM by realtorpat.)

the more i watch him the more i see as a smaller in size Anquon Bolden type of player.

Rod Smith was undrafted  Donald Driver was a 7th rounder

also after googling all this players I just now realized the allens are the same height I always thought Arob was way taller.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:also after googling all this players I just now realized the allens are the same height I always thought Arob was way taller.
The Jaguars list Hurns at 6'3", but according to his Combine measurements, he's actually 6'1". A-Rob is taller.

Tony Romo was undrafted.

Quote:The Jaguars list Hurns at 6'3", but according to his Combine measurements, he's actually 6'1". A-Rob is taller.

Its the hair.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 10:30 AM by NCJag.)

Moon, Randle......let's give Hurns a chance to have a career before putting him in the pantheon of the greats.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:Remember when people were saying he was overrated?

Not to pat myself on the back, but I never had a doubt about Hurns.  His rookie year he'd go across the middle and get lit up.  And he'd still hang on to the ball.  I remember thinking, he's gonna be special, give him time...

The guy is the man.  By far one of my favorite players to be a Jaguar since MJD.  Hopefully he doesn't go all diva on us like MJD did at the end.

Quote:Its the hair.

Dangit!  You beat me to it!  +1

[Image: 2616209.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 11:04 AM by The Real Marty.)

Uh, no.   Unless you were joking, in which case, haha.   Good one. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8...f-all-time

My fav is Dick "Night Train" Lane, the man who invented "the clothesline" which he used to KO wide receivers on a regular basis.   They changed the rules eventually and outlawed it, of course.   Night Train Lane was one of the starting CBs on the All-75-Year All Pro team.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_F...-Time_Team

Undrafted Kurt Warner says hello as well.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 09:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRuFdLAdWEw

I like the 58 yard one Hurns had against the Patriots!