Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching decisions being questioned

Quote:3 for 3 SC, that's a stand up triple. Well done!!!!!!!!

You can't always be aggressive just because you suck. A FG would have been good there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Olsen is the OC he calls the plays not Gus...Put the blame where it belongs
Olsen calls them, yeah, but Gus is the head coach. After the second Gerhart attempt, he should have chimed in over the mic to say, "Screw that, put JT on a fade route and let Blake toss it up to him."

Quote:I don't know...  Like I said, I think a FG from inside the 5 is exponentially more makable than the extra points nowadays.  
but when you are on the 1 yard line, would you have believed that we couldn't have punched it in 4 times? I don't think the coaches believed they would NOT be able to punch it in...The same play 4 times was dumb...I'll give you that

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 05:28 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:You can say that...  But there's obviously a huge different from a 15 yarder compared to a 33 yarder (current distance for an xtra point)
there's also a big difference between 6 points plus the extra point and  3

No way any NFL OC would have called those four runs.  It was Bradley and it proves he is stupid.

Quote:Olsen calls them, yeah, but Gus is the head coach. After the second Gerhart attempt, he should have chimed in over the mic to say, "Screw that, put JT on a fade route and let Blake toss it up to him."
would you have believed that they would not punch it in after 4 tries? again I say the same thing 4 times was dumb, but I have no problem with going for it with a lead

Quote:I don't have any problems with the aggressiveness shown. I would have definitely called a different series of plays regardless of who is responsible for calling those.

Right?  Like i said, I'd have gone for the FG.

But, it you want to go for it, do something with your best players on the field.

My main point is that, no matter how you try to defend it, it was terrible.  The same personel package, the same play, 4 times in a row.  It's bush league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63x30Gc68rg

Quote:No way any NFL OC would have called those four runs.  It was Bradley and it proves he is stupi
there is no possible way you know Gus called that play...

Quote:Right?  Like i said, I'd have gone for the FG.

But, it you want to go for it, do something with your best players on the field.

My main point is that, no matter how you try to defend it, it was terrible.  The same personel package, the same play, 4 times in a row.  It's bush league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63x30Gc68rg
I agree the same thing 4 times in a row was dumb, but I don't have a problem with going for it with the lead

Being a crappy team doesn't entitle you to go against the grain every time.

Gus sucks.

Quote:but when you are on the 1 yard line, would you have believed that we couldn't have punched it in 4 times? I don't think the coaches believed they would NOT be able to punch it in...The same play 4 times was dumb...I'll give you that

Goal line stands happen all the time!  Especially when you run the same dang play 4 times in a row.  That's why god created play-books!

Quote:would you have believed that they would not punch it in after 4 tries? again I say the same thing 4 times was dumb, but I have no problem with going for it with a lead
I'm not entirely opposed to going for it on fourth and goal from the one (although, given the situation, I think the FG would have been the right call there). I am opposed to giving it to the same guy for a fourth consecutive time after he's been stuffed on the last three tries, especially when you have an infinitely better running back sitting on the sidelines.

Quote:Olsen is the OC he calls the plays not Gus...Put the blame where it belongs

Wrong the 4th down go for it is a HC call.Gus letting this to happen is just unbelievable

Quote:Oh I'm not saying Gus made a good decision, but I think the odds of making a field goal vs a TD would have favored the td

Not with the way our offense has had trouble scoring in the redzone, and yes, I factored in the Myers below average kicking aspect.

If this offense scored in the redzone anywhere near an average amount of the time, well maybe, just maybe I can see going for it on 4th and 1, but they are not anywhere near an average redzone scoring team and I certainly would not have kept giving it to Toby.

Just my take.

I'll bet next time they are in that situation they either take the 3 or try something different. No way Toby gets 3 4 cracks at it.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I'm not entirely opposed to going for it on fourth and goal from the one (although, given the situation, I think the FG would have been the right call there). I am opposed to giving it to the same guy for a fourth consecutive time after he's been stuffed on the last three tries, especially when you have an infinitely better running back sitting on the sidelines.
If we would have gone for the FG and missed, then this entire thread would be all about why didn't we go for it on the 1? 

Quote:Wrong the 4th down go for it is a HC call.Gus letting this to happen is just unbelievable
It was well known that we were in 4 down territory even the bonehead announcers knew that

Quote:I agree the same thing 4 times in a row was dumb, but I don't have a problem with going for it with the lead

At the end of the day, we won.  So it's all good. 

Quote:At the end of the day, we won.  So it's all good. 

Yep, so let's all enjoy our 2 weeks of glory and happiness because we have no idea when this will happen again.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Not with the way our offense has had trouble scoring in the redzone, and yes, I factored in the Myers below average kicking aspect.

If this offense scored in the redzone anywhere near an average amount of the time, well maybe, just maybe I can see going for it on 4th and 1, but they are not anywhere near an average redzone scoring team and I certainly would not have kept giving it to Toby.

Just my take.

I'll bet next time they are in that situation they either take the 3 or try something different. No way Toby gets 3 4 cracks at it.

Don't be so sure...  There was another 3rd and short in the 4th quarter and they had the Alualu and Gerhart package in again.  They gave it to Alualu and he failed to get the first down too.

I mean, they just don't learn!  Give it to Yeldon!  He's your best RB.  Or...  Play action and roll it out... 

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 05:42 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:At the end of the day, we won.  So it's all good. 
agreed but here's the thing...If we would have gone for the FG and missed, then this entire thread would be all about why didn't we go for it on the 1? This is one of those times when if you make it, you got balls and it was a great call, but if you don't make it, you're a dip [BLEEP]