Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This soft zone

Quote:They did get two picks and a TD off of zone coverage today.

It was E J Manuel.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What we are seeing is the Seattle D.  This is exactly what Seattle runs.  But we don't execute it properly.  We are not good at this D. 

And to be honest, I think this Seattle D has been figured out league wide.  Only rushing 4 and dropping everyone back is too easy to pick apart.

It looks like the philosophy is for the LB's to not let anyone get behind them, but it allows for such easy passes.  It's a terrible defense.  I hate it.

I want to see more Man D, and blitz.  Bring the pressure.  When we bring pressure, our D actually looks legit.  But this soft zone seattle stuff makes us look terrible.  It looks like a prevent defense.  And it's our base package.  It's garbage.  

Quote:It was E J Manuel.  

I didn't realize that negates those from happening.

I don't like soft zone coverage either, but with zero pass rush they're pretty much playing it out of necessity.

Quote:The execution overall is bad but its getting better little by little. 

BassX, I like your positivity.  I really do.  But this D is not getting better.  We exposed EJ Manuel in the first half when we were agressive.  Then when we went to our typical D, we got smoked.

The only way we get better is if Bradley realizes the Seattle D doesn't work and he lets the DC get aggressive.  Or we fire him and bring in a smarter HC that can figure it out.

Yeah no pressure forces this. Del Rio's cover 2 D was kinda the same way. Only difference was that D really tightened up in the red zone because they were disciplined. That D also stopped the run which we are obviously struggling with. They targeted man cover DB'S via draft/FA and are now forced to have them play zone. I think Fowler and a true cover 1 FS will really help. I'd bet we got 2 more seasons before our D gets there.
"Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid." -John Wayne

They were still blitzing but the bills adjusted and started picking it up.

Quote:What we are seeing is the Seattle D.  This is exactly what Seattle runs.  But we don't execute it properly.  We are not good at this D. 

And to be honest, I think this Seattle D has been figured out league wide.  Only rushing 4 and dropping everyone back is too easy to pick apart.

It looks like the philosophy is for the LB's to not let anyone get behind them, but it allows for such easy passes.  It's a terrible defense.  I hate it.

I want to see more Man D, and blitz.  Bring the pressure.  When we bring pressure, our D actually looks legit.  But this soft zone seattle stuff makes us look terrible.  It looks like a prevent defense.  And it's our base package.  It's garbage.  

Of freaking course Seattles defense has been "figured out". So has every other defense type in the league. Its all about execution. If we had the talent level Seattle had, We'd be 5-2. You don't "hide" things in this league. Pressure will come when we get better DEs and I got some good news about that. Help is on the way #fowler

Quote:BassX, I like your positivity.  I really do.  But this D is not getting better.  We exposed EJ Manuel in the first half when we were agressive.  Then when we went to our typical D, we got smoked.

The only way we get better is if Bradley realizes the Seattle D doesn't work and he lets the DC get aggressive.  Or we fire him and bring in a smarter HC that can figure it out.

It is getting better. You don't go from 0 takeovers to 2 defensive touchdowns / 4 takeovers and not get better. Also, Its not that im positive. Its that I don't let anger and angst towards Gus blind me to what really is going on.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:Of freaking course Seattles defense has been "figured out". So has every other defense type in the league. Its all about execution. If we had the talent level Seattle had, We'd be 5-2. You don't "hide" things in this league. Pressure will come when we get better DEs and I got some good news about that. Help is on the way #fowler

It is getting better. You don't go from 0 takeovers to 2 defensive touchdowns / 4 takeovers and not get better. Also, Its not that im positive. Its that I don't let anger and angst towards Gus blind me to what really is going on.
well said bass

My frustration is that the real difference between our defense and Seattle's is the free safety.

An anemic pass rush doesn't help but we had a real high sack number last year and still blew

Not having that player to make qbs think twice about going deep means our corners can't bite as hard on those underneath routes and are exposed when they do which means curls and comebacks pick us apart.

We haven't had that player for 3 years and possibly never will Thomas has unique speed and instincts yet we still persist with the scheme.

Quote:My frustration is that the real difference between our defense and Seattle's is the free safety.

An anemic pass rush doesn't help but we had a real high sack number last year and still blew

Not having that player to make qbs think twice about going deep means our corners can't bite as hard on those underneath routes and are exposed when they do which means curls and comebacks pick us apart.

We haven't had that player for 3 years and possibly never will Thomas has unique speed and instincts yet we still persist with the scheme.

That stat is a mirage. We were dead last in the league in QB pressures.

Quote:That stat is a mirage. We were dead last in the league in QB pressures.

Touche.... Source?

Quote:My frustration is that the real difference between our defense and Seattle's is the free safety.

Last year the defense was actually really good. It was the offense that didn't have a pulse. Also, I hate to say it but there are TONS of differences between us and Seattle in terms of why the Jags aren't having as much success as Seattle. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:Cyprien still sucks.

He kept 6 points off the board when he forced McCoy to fumble.  So.... there's that. 

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 01:59 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Our players are Winners, its the Coaches.  We have a pass rush, solid LBs, and glue-like DBs, haven't you been watching? Smh.  Gus is making them play like that,.  We should be Man on Man every play because the talent is Elite and Everywhere.  PLAYOFFS....BY THEMSELVES , ALL DAY, ALL SEASON....SAY SOMETHING ELSE :woot:

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 01:59 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:Touche.... Source?

I believe it was PFF, I'll look for it though.

Edit: There's a link in this article. http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/7/28/9...ss-rushers

We had DB'S blitzing and all kinds of stuff last year but I think Allen ball and Blackmon were a big reason in the ability to do that.

Quote:Defense was the only reason we won today
so having the bills come back and take the lead in the forth quarter... that was a good thing by our defense?