Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can we even enjoy this win?

If it leads to us cutting toby and myers? Yes

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We did everything we could to lose. 27-3

This is a good win. Sure the Jags made mistakes and the play calling was dumb.  But the team is growing.  Bortles didn't crumble, Hurns didn't drop that game winning td, defense kept them from getting in fg range. 

[Image: its_always_sunny_and_nfl_in_the_same_wee...-80347.gif]

Buzzzzzzzinggggggg

Um, it's a win. The team almost gave us a heart attack, but they won. That's all that matters. If we win out, but win ugly, I won't care. Just win.

Is there a lot of corrections needed? Sure.
No commercial messages in sigs

I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I can see how awesome our players are.  I can be excited about how great our recievers are.  I can give credit to an amazing break out game for Yeldon.

I can see that Telvin is gonna be a gamer.

But I can also laugh at the ineptitude of our HC and this coaching staff.  I can make fun of the pathetic defensive philosophy that will never win in this league.

I can do both.  :thanks:

The Jags got some bounces and some easy scores on D.  It was due.  It's always tough to try protecting a big early lead.  Our 3rd quarter drive of 9:30 was the perfect prescription to put the game away.  The 4 runs by Toby and Alualu were stubborn calls, but a few more inches there and it's a totally different game.  There also needs to be an option with that short yardage group to throw the ball. 

I like how the Jags didn't panic when everything was going against them.  Bortles made some good throws on that last drive.  Hurns was clutch.  The offense has a great future.  Yeldon showed me a lot today.  He's got the shiftiness that can't be taught. 

It's funny how large the mistakes are when you lose.  People talk all week about the penalties and turnovers.  A win seems to make the mistakes fade away.

I celebrate every win and I agonize over every loss.

But, I also don't let a lucky win against a team playing with a shaky back-up QB and without it's top 2 receivers give me false illusions about how we played.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 01:25 PM by Mowerguy.)

I'm still a little numb from coming so close to losing it.

It wasn't like heart-attack cats games where the score see sawed back and forth between two good teams.

We had rolled up a huge early lead to watch it slowly fritter away due to bad play calls, too many 3 and outs and defense that went into prevent mode.

I'm just too numb to celebrate, sorry.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I'm happy and will enjoy it.  The players are there.  That is important.

Quote:I celebrate every win and I agonize over every loss.

But, I also don't let a lucky win against a team playing with a shaky back-up QB and without it's top 2 receivers give me false illusions about how we played.

We've already lost 2 games with backup QBs. And injuries happen. If its not an excuse when we loose then it can't be an excuse when we win either.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Hell yes you enjoy this!

Then we bash Gus tomorrow!

Quote:I'm happy and will enjoy it. The players are there. That is important.

This. Regardless of Gus' future we have the players in place and the roster is pointing up.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

what happened to JT80, is he hurt now?

Quote:what happened to JT80, is he hurt now?
No, he's just fat

A win is a win. Im happy with it

Quote:what happened to JT80, is he hurt now?

Looks like it. His last route was pathetically bad and obvious he was hindered. It didn't look serious though. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

It was a good win, solely for the fact I dint want the #1 pick, but a top 5.

That was the teams Super Bowl!

Don't pick them to win the next few weeks