Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players > Coaching

Quote:Congratulations on knowing football. The offense coordinator is the one who called those 4 straight runs. Greg Olson I think wanted to send a message to Toby. I doubt we will see that again. 

Seriously, Its pathetic to whine about Gus and then on the same coin blame him for something he didnt do CLEARLY. 

You don't think a smarter HC stops that and says, hey, Gerhart sucks...  Run a different play...?

I mean, seriously?  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Congratulations on knowing football. The offense coordinator is the one who called those 4 straight runs. Greg Olson I think wanted to send a message to Toby. I doubt we will see that again.

Seriously, Its pathetic to whine about Gus and then on the same coin blame him for something he didnt do CLEARLY.

You know, I offer a stick removal for fairly cheap.. No coupons needed..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Clock management was shameful

I believe we finally have players. Not sure about the coaches yet. Goal line attempt fails 4 times. So what do we do? Run up the middle on a big 4th down play. Wow.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 01:29 PM by BassX97.)

Quote:You don't think a smarter HC stops that and says, hey, Gerhart sucks...  Run a different play...?

I mean, seriously?  

Yea and thats how teams fall apart. When you in the middle of the game step on the toes of your OC. There is a time and place. Yes it was cringeworthy but Olsen will answer for that on tuesday

Quote:Seriously though, who in their right mind runs the same RB in the same exact plays 4 times in a row and can't even gain a yard?!

Greg Olsen made a terrible call. It happens. He's been quite fine with playcalling this year. 

Quote:Because Gus, as the HC, doesn't control who plays?

He has some say but personnel on plays is all Olson. 

Know your football gentlemen. Stop letting your angst towards Gus make you look like you don't know football.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 01:28 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Yea and thats how teams fall apart. When you in the middle of the game step on the toes of your OC. There is a time and place. Yes it was cringeworthy but Olsen will answer for that on tuesday

Greg Olsen made a terrible call. It happens. He's been quite fine with playcalling this year. 

He has some say but personnel on plays is all Olson. 

So the man in charge, isn't actually in charge? Got it.

I agree.  Man the coaching was terrible again.  The players won despite the coaching

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Too bad Gus will stay another year and a half. Deal with it.

Hmm somebody's licking the icing on those cupcakes.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 01:38 PM by ThunderCat.)

Quote:We don't always agree but we are in total accord here. This game is Jaguars coaching in a microcosm and displays for all to see why this coaching staff needs to be shown the door.

Yeah, it won't likely happen during the season but it needs to happen immediately after.
Your exactly correct. This came showed that the talent is there but the coaches are hindering progress. Jags should be 3-4 at worst.