Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Schedule Rest of The Way Leaves No Excuse For Gus

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 06:52 PM by BigJag57.)

Like the last 3 games, the division is wrapped in a gift basket to us but we will still drop it.

I'm hoping not. I mean if they can beat the Jets off a fresh bye would give us huge momentum. But I'll continue to let the prior results shape my expectations.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Jets are playing mostly lights out this year. This year, before the draft was not setting up to be a division win year or a playoff year. This was a year for our second year players to grow and improve, and our new draft talent to learn and contribute.
We have a lot of talent on the team now, but they are still young. Heck we are still one of the youngest teams in the league. I believe we will finish strong the latter half of the year. If we get healthy I know it.
And yes the flavor is strawberry for koolaid.

At Jets (4-2)

At Ravens (1-5)

Titans (1-5)

Chargers (2-5)

At Titans (1-5)

Colts (3-4) * all wins against AFC South {jags went to OT on road}

Falcons (6-1)

At Saints (3-4)

At Texans (2-5)

-------------------------

All of the teams have higher net points than Jaguars with -60

The Passing teams such as Chargers, Ravens, Saints will most likely beat the Jaguars (probably Colts too if Luck is healthy) so that's 3 losses & Jets have the best Pass defense so unlikely that TJ Yeldon is going to win the game solely on his running when the Jaguars Defense cant stop the pass (mind as well say 4 out of the 9 games are lost).  If they had crazy stuff happen maybe they win 5 games to finish 7-9 (that is the best case scenario - i dont really see that happening but i really dont see them winning out either...

Most likely it will continue with what we have seen by Head Coach Gus Bradley around 3 or 4 wins every year forever!

I posted this in a different thread and it fits your scenario (it even assumes we go 5-4 to close out the season).

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/' title="External link">http://www.pro-footb...ce.com/coaches/</a>

Gus is the only NFL head coach in history to coach 39 games and have 9 wins.  The next closest coach with only 9 wins coached 34 games (Bob Waterfield).

So, let's assume that stars align and Gus goes .500 the rest of the season (which I think everyone here would agree is not realistic).  Let's assume they go 5-4 the rest of the way which puts Gus's record at 14-34 in 48 games.  Below is the company he's in. 

Coaches with 14 or fewer wins in 48 or more games:

Mike Riley (14-34 in 48 games) *0 games in playoffs

Tom Fears (13-34-2 in 49 games) *0 games in playoffs

Jimmy Phelan (13-35-2 in 50 games) *0 games in playoffs

Steve Magnuolo (10-38 in 48 games) *0 games in playoffs

Rod Marinelli (10-38 in 48 games) *0 games in playoffs

Bert Bell (10-46-2 in 58 games) *0 games in playoffs

Not one of these coaches even took a team to the playoffs.

As others have pointed out, Bradley isn't just bad, he's historically all-time bad.

If you believe in Gus long-term, then you are ignoring all relevant facts, ignoring the eye-test, and believing that he is going to go down in history as a coach that turned a franchise around in a way that no other has ever done (assuming we make the playoffs at some point).

He's a great guy, just a very bad head coach.

He preaches about players finishing the game but I'm convinced that Gus Bradley can't coach all four quarters and that will, once again, be the reason the Colts win the division at 6-10 or some stupid crap like that.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:At Jets (4-2)

At Ravens (1-5)

Titans (1-5)

Chargers (2-5)

At Titans (1-5)

Colts (3-4) * all wins against AFC South {jags went to OT on road}

Falcons (6-1)

At Saints (3-4)

At Texans (2-5)

-------------------------

All of the teams have higher net points than Jaguars with -60

The Passing teams such as Chargers, Ravens, Saints will most likely beat the Jaguars (probably Colts too if Luck is healthy) so that's 3 losses & Jets have the best Pass defense so unlikely that TJ Yeldon is going to win the game solely on his running when the Jaguars Defense cant stop the pass (mind as well say 4 out of the 9 games are lost).  If they had crazy stuff happen maybe they win 5 games to finish 7-9 (that is the best case scenario - i dont really see that happening but i really dont see them winning out either...

Most likely it will continue with what we have seen by Head Coach Gus Bradley around 3 or 4 wins every year forever!

I think it will be very telling of Gus and his head coaching ability how he finishes out these last nine games in his 3rd season as Jags HC.

The Jags last 9 opponents have a combined record of 2-7 and unless somehow, someway Gus has some kind of coaching epiphany, the Jags won't even be able to win more then 1 or 2 of those games. Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 3 if somehow the Jags can actually get a few breaks.

If somehow Gus was able to win 4 of those games, they would still finish with a 6-10 record, meaning another double digit loss season for Gus, although it would be Gus' best season ending record as Jags HC, so some could call that progress, and I guess technically, it would be.

Would other fans be happy with that? I know I would want more, especially playing in this weak division.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We'll finish 5 - 11. We almost managed to blow a lead against BUF yesterday. Teams that have blown a lead at that level and lost is 4 - 500+ or something like that in all time head-to-head games. We almost became the 5th team to lose a game like that.

I think we'll sweep the tacks this year, so that puts us up to four wins. And I think we'll get even with the tinhorns in week 17. Other than that. We're fixing to get demolished on the road by the Jets and Ravens. The Saints and Falcons will beat us. The Chargers have had our number for years. They'll beat us. We might beat the clots. I doubt it though.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I think it will be very telling of Gus and his head coaching ability how he finishes out these last nine games in his 3rd season as Jags HC.

The Jags last 9 opponents have a combined record of 2-7 and unless somehow, someway Gus has some kind of coaching epiphany, the Jags won't even be able to win more then 1 or 2 of those games. Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 3 if somehow the Jags can actually get a few breaks.

If somehow Gus was able to win 4 of those games, they would still finish with a 6-10 record, meaning another double digit loss season for Gus, although it would be Gus' best season ending record as Jags HC, so some could call that progress, and I guess technically, it would be.

Would other fans be happy with that? I know I would want more, especially playing in this weak division.

I think the off-season is going to reveal Khan's ability to evaluate a coach.  Obviously, he can evaluate leadership/management in general (just check his Forbe's standing).  However, if his recent statements are genuine (not just lip service) then I question his ability to evaluate what it takes to be a successful coach.

As pointed out elsewhere, the Jags will inevitably win a couple meaningless games at the end of the season against teams that are tanking.  Not only will this move us back in the draft, it'll be labeled as "progress."

Either Khan is going to prove to be a genius (if Bradley turns out to be a history making coach turning this franchise around) or he's going to move on based on the endless missteps Bradley has been responsible for.

Bradley is a nice guy but the eye-test and the history books are against him.  If he's going to be successful then it's going to be against all odds.  I personally think the Jags should have moved on from Bradley after last season when it was clear that he isn't NFL HC caliber.

I still think JT's thread was brilliantly put and he was on to something

For those who dimly said 'someone claims 7 wins....;

Kindly reread

I WISHED them 7 wins, before today's W, and think 8-8 can take the division...which I called the 'bottom south', pretty bad football division wide.  It's anybody's at this moment.

My apologies for sending good vibes to the squad

I'll be reasonable and say, well we are going to suck, which we do anyway

#HurnsGrabbedBillW

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I think 5-11 is achievable and I would be happy with that as long as the Jags are in every game they play for the rest of the season.

This team still needs more talent on Defense and I would expect that they would draft to improve the Defense.

I don't think Gus is going anywhere as long as he has the locker room.

The PLAN is to build a Championship Team and not some team that is 8-8 or 9-7.

Such a PLAN requires some hardships but clearly the Jags have found their QB.

LoL here we go again. I have no reason to believe this team is consistently good enough to make a run at this division.  Let us recap:

We lost to Matt Hasselbeck

We lost to Jamies Winston

We lost to Brian Hoyer.

Our defense scored two touchdowns, forced four turnovers (a feat unlikely to be repeated again this season) against the Bills' backup QB, without their two starting receivers, their starting pro bowl DT and we *still* barely won a game.

Like...we are who we are.