Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Schedule Rest of The Way Leaves No Excuse For Gus

Quote:Lol, man now we will have 4 weeks of pizza party posts.  Can't wait!

Don't worry, they'll censor that too!  I'll admit one thing, this season's misery sure is more entertaining than the last 2 seasons of misery!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Don't worry, they'll censor that too! I'll admit one thing, this season's misery sure is more entertaining than the last 2 seasons of misery!

This is true. See we are improving! We are having more fun being miserable.

Quote:This is true. See we are improving! We are having more fun being miserable.

You just gotta get better every day, lol!   :thumbsup:

Quote:You just gotta get better every day, lol! :thumbsup:

It's a process...

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 09:08 AM by StitchJones.)

Quote:I don't want anyone to misinterpret my post as optimistic.  I guess it may come off that way since other threads are being started about sitting down vets and play the young guys, but my point being, that as bad as we have played along with all the opportunities we let slip away, we have as good of a chance schedule and division wise as any 1-5 team could hope for.  I do not believe we will take advantage of it.  I do think Gus is gone by seasons end.  If they can't show improvement in the win column after the amazing gift of a schedule we have been given this year than we all or most can agree by season's end that Gus and his process failed.  I don't agree that wins are the only thing that matter in a rebuild, but in year 3 with an easy schedule and opportunity after opportunity passing you by, they matter now.  At 1-5 and playing  a team more beat up than any we have played so far this year, winning matters.  Not almost got it or if we just made one more play is gonna fly even with the most patient fans.  Not at 1-5 and not after having so many other failed attempts.  This is the most important game of Bradley's tenure and you hope to see a competitiveness and focus like we haven't seen in his just under 2 1/2 seasons.  At some point you just have to step up and if you don't than it may be time to step down.  
Point taken... no optimism intended. I would also tend to agree that, at least in the initial stages, winning should not be the standard of gauging team development. But then we come full circle because this team is past that point by now. Given the relatively soft nature of this years schedule, and the more than lucky breaks we've been given at other teams expense, for us to to be only 1-5 says loads about the 'process'.

I think it unlikely that it will happen, but I concede that it's at least possible (though at this point it appears highly improbable) that the team could turn things around and start winning some games. And let me make it clear, I am a Jags fan, but I don't and never will drink the teal colored tea and see the world through teal colored sunglasses. If we win many games the second half of the season, I would have to regard it as at least owing, to a large degree, to the softness of the schedule we have in the second half. We only play two teams with a winning record in the second half of this season. The bills are decimated right now! If we can't beat a team with that many key players out... well, Gus will be gone at the end of the season. 

There certainly is progress as far as the overall quality of play, especially on offense.  They've gone from having no chance of winning to having a pretty good chance of winning in recent games.  The little mistakes are more glaring when the games are close, and it's easy to find targets every week. 

But they just haven't been good enough to close out games or to have a large margin for error.  That doesn't mean they should fire the coach.  It means they should each strive to minimize mistakes and give their full concentration when they step on the field.  Play hard and let the other team make a mistake in the 4th quarter that costs them the game.  Sometimes learning to win is just about learning not to beat yourself. 

I agree Gus has a good opportunity with the remaining schedule.  I think if they can beat the Bills in London and win at least 5 games overall Gus will be safe.  The potential for 6 or 7 wins is there if the Jags can play near their potential.  The offense is coming along but can't carry the team yet.  The D needs a makeover and some young talent.  The team just needs to catch a break, have one of those games where everything goes right.  Enjoy some success and build some trust and a winning attitude.  It's not too late.  But it has to start soon.

I hear you guys that we're technically still not out of the division race at 1-5, but it's hard to be optimistic here. Despite the Bills injuries, they still have Shady McCoy and their defense is nearly full strength. I'm expecting two more losses before maybe beating the Ravens in Baltimore, and even that's a huge stretch.

That said, you'll see me do a total about face if the Jaguars actually do manage to knock off the Bills and then go on the road to beat a good Jets team. A 3-5 start, as opposed to 1-7, could easily turn into a streak of wins and an entirely different season. I just can't see it. It's not showing up that way on my crystal ball.

'02

Did someone really claim we could win 7 of our last 10?!

We lost back to back games to teams right ahead of us in the bottom of the league. We lost to a Colts team without Luck. Now, when we start to play Flacco Rivers Luck and Ryan you're all like "never say never guys."

Yikes.

Quote:Did someone really claim we could win 7 of our last 10?!

We lost back to back games to teams right ahead of us in the bottom of the league. We lost to a Colts team without Luck. Now, when we start to play Flacco Rivers Luck and Ryan you're all like "never say never guys."

Yikes.

When the alcohol is flowing, one feels good and sometimes they make very bold predictions.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Did someone really claim we could win 7 of our last 10?!

Yikes.

I can't imagine any fans expecting that.  With a loss tomorrow, Gus fate is pretty much sealed.  The opportunity is there to turn it around even with our young team.  We have not shown an ability to take advantage of it.  Now or never.  

Obviously the Jags have to play better if the wins are going to come.  But things are lining up pretty well with the return of some good players, the continued growth of the passing offense, and the remaining schedule looking not so formidable. 

After today's game, I honestly think letting Gus go (just the head coach) and promoting Marrone will provide better results win/loss wise.  I wasn't for that, but there were just too many bad calls, mistakes, players looking lost on D or special teams, etc...  The players won in spite of Gus.  What I'm excited about is the future.  We really do have a legit offense.  We have just been hampered by the ineptitude of continuing to run Gerhart out and not putting the ball in our best players hands in key moments.  There is absolutely no excuse to run gerhart 4 times and leave Yeldon on the bench or run alualu with Yeldon on the bench.  Just put the ball in your play makers hands.  We saw that with buffalo on the 2 point conversion.  Shady is not a goal line back, but he has a nose for the goal line and makes people miss.  He can also take the corner if it isn't there up the middle and players have to account for that.  gerhart rarely moves the pile.  His supposedly best attribute is not an attribute.

Just like to point out that with the colts loss we are 1 game out of the division. Let that sink in. texans are also on their way to a loss and we will have to see what happens with atlanta game. Everything the Jags needed to happen is at the moment happening. The opportunity is truly there.

Quote:Just like to point out that with the colts loss we are 1 game out of the division. Let that sink in. texans are also on their way to a loss and we will have to see what happens with atlanta game. Everything the Jags needed to happen is at the moment happening. The opportunity is truly there.

It's crazy to think about how different this season could have been...  I'm not saying that we still don't have a chance.  But man, the likelihood is so small with our current head coach.  

But who knows?  Maybe this turns things around for us?   

Quote:It's crazy to think about how different this season could have been... I'm not saying that we still don't have a chance. But man, the likelihood is so small with our current head coach.

But who knows? Maybe this turns things around for us?

I don't have much hope of it happening, just saying the opportunity is there.

Quote:I don't have much hope of it happening, just saying the opportunity is there.

You know me, I've pretty much gone 100% negative on Bradley.  I think he's the worst thing since ebola, metaphorically speaking, in regards to his coaching in the NFL.

But it sounds like we're pretty much stuck with him for the remainder of the season.  This win gives us hope for 2 weeks...  But the odds are pretty high that we get smoked after the bye.  And then we'll be right back to where we are now.

That's the thing that bugs me about the front office.  I mean, do they not foresee what is about to happen under Bradley?  Yeah, we won.  We won against a terrible team with a QB that will never be a starting QB in this league.  We played pretty bad football except for a stretch there in the 2nd Quarter where the terrible QB  basically gifted us 21 points.  

And we still almost lost that game.  What do they think is gonna happen when we play legit teams with real QBs?  But whatever.  They want to give Bradley all this time to prove how bad he sucks.  So I guess we just all have to eat this poop sandwhich.

Just makes no sense to me.

Take it 1 game at a time and pile up a few wins, beat Indy in Jax, who knows? 

I think the Jags were lucky they played the Fins before the coaching change.  The beat Tennessee last week, are crushing the Texans today, and Indy has to travel to Miami in Week 16.  Indy has to travel to Carolina next week then hosts Denver.  Then they travel to Atlanta.  By the time the Jags and Colts meet in Week 14, the Colts could be in the AFC South cellar. 

The Texans and Titans have tough remaining schedules, too.  Even at 2-5 the opportunity is clearly there for the Jags to win this division.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 06:12 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

All AFC south teams lost except Jags this week. We will win the AFC South in the end.

Quote:All AFC south teams lost except Jags this week. We will win the AFC South in the end.

Does 6-10 take the division this year? It's very, very possible. 7-9 is probably gonna do it.

Can the Jags go 5-4? It's possible (but as another poster said, Jax is likely going to have to win vs Indy to have any chance).

The Colts schedule looks daunting for them. Yes, they get 3 more games vs the AFCS. But other than that,, I really see them struggling to post more than 7 wins.

@ Panthers

vs Broncos

@ Falcons

vs Bucs

@ Steelers

@ Jags

vs Texans

@ Dolphins

vs Titans

That's tough. If they want to reach 8 wins, they're going to have to "take care of business" against Bucs, Dolphins, Jags, Texans, Titans.

I just hope (I really, really hope) that the AFCS teams don't just "lay down" and let the Colts stick another 3 gimme wins in their record. Somebody form this division is going to have to take them down. Here's to hoping it's the Jags.

Next week Tennessee plays at Houston.  So Sunday evening will see the division at either

Indy          3-4

Jags         2-5

Tenn         2-5

Texans     2-6

or

Indy          3-4

Texans      3-6

Jags         2-5

Tenn         1-6

Then Indy will play at Carolina on Monday night.  If they lose, they would be only a 1/2 game ahead of the Jags.