Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quote from Shad Khan on Dave and Gus

Quote:That's an easy question to answer.

If Caldwell is backing Gus then send him packing as well....If every coach backed Gus then I'd fire them all without blinking.

Agreed.  Anyone that is defending Bradley isn't worth keeping.  I have to much faith in Caldwell to actually believe he would defend Bradley.  Bradley has been an abomination to the field of head coaching in the NFL

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He really doesn't have to be a "football guy" to see what is going on out there on the field, and how the last 3 games played out. He's not blind.

Are any of us really "football guys"? Are you? You can see what happened these last 3 games can't you?  He doesn't even have to be a "football guy" to see the ugliness of 8-30 ( and steadily dropping).

Didn't he fire the captain of his other futbol team overseas? Why was he fired? What was his record?
Acknowledging where your a little ignorant and asking qualified friends for advice is a good trait to have. I don't think it'd be unreasonable for him to ask someone before making such a big decision. Unfortunately, it was probably Caldwell.

The only reason I can see to keep Bradley until the end of the season is to find out whether he can get his team moving in a positive direction. The only reason. Because if you have concluded that he will be let go at the end of the season you should fire him now and give the interim guy a chance to get this team moving in a positive direction. You also let other coaching candidates out there know there is an opening here and permit them to send out feelers.

Regards................the Chiefjag

Quote:I see nothing.

Is it a pop-up? Maybe it's being blocked by my pop-up blocker.

It will be blocked by any ad blocker you are using.

Quote:Yep, and Khan promised Gus 4 seasons.

Since when is signing a guy for 4 seasons promising him all 4?

'02

Quote:That probably seemed funny while you were typing it ...................but it's not. Anyone who has been paying the least bit of attention over the last two years and says that this team is not making positive strides is either just being stubborn or dense. Khan has also on numerous occasions alluded to the plan he bought into. This is not some new information.
Of course - 1-5 is a positive stride over 0-6.  No argument from me - that's a fact. Maybe next year we can be 2-4 and that would be even more positive. 

It all depends on your expectations.  Personally, I don't expect much anymore, I focus on the smallest areas so it makes it seem better than it really is.  Bortles, Hurns, A. Rob - all having a good year.  That's a positive.  O-line is giving up fewer sacks.  

If you look at the "big picture" - we're 15-55 over the past few years, with the largest point differential in league history.  Even teams like the Raiders and Browns seem to be progressing faster than we are.  

There are definitely players who are underperforming, but I don't think lack of talent is the biggest problem.  It's poor coaching.  You get a coaching staff that implements schemes that take advantage of the players strength, make adjustments in the game when schemes aren't working, teach the players to maximize their potential - things would be a lot better than they are now.  

Quote:...I focus on the smallest areas so it makes it seem better than it really is.  Bortles, Hurns, A. Rob - all having a good year.  That's a positive.  O-line is giving up fewer sacks. 

Defense getting more sacks... oh wait.
  :verymad:

'02

Quote:My only problem with year one is as follows.....

Your the GM and you know that the draft is weak to average from top to bottom.  You also know that the free agent group isn't where you want to spend your money.

So why do you sell a three year plan to the owner/fan base?  The answer is they knew it was a 5 year plan and not a 3 year plan.  This year we will see improvement but this year isn't going to meet fans expectations
.  We are being conned a little bit.
Khan's expectations are the only one's who will matter

Quote:I just read the entire story at NFL.com, it is the cover story on the website.  I wish people on here would quit saying how this is fluff talk by Khan, or that there is no way Bradley survives the season.  You are so wrong it's not even funny.  Everything Khan has ever said, and continues to say, is that he is going to be extremely patient with the process and that Dave AND Gus have his entire support.  Neither of these guys is going anywhere.  Seriously just quit bringing it up because it's not going to happen. 
Correct...He also said as long as he can see improvement he will be patient...Now how much improvement he wants/needs to see is unknown...I believe everyone thinks Bortles and the offense as a whole has improved, so is that enough improvement for Khan? We don't know, all we know is fans don't think it's improvement enough, but we have no idea what Khan is expecting... It seems every time he's asked about what he thinks, he eludes to the fact that he, Caldwell, and Gus, all knew that this was an unprecedented massive process, and that it would take a long time...He keeps saying Caldwell and Gus have his full support, and I suppose he probably should say that publicly, but if it were not true, I would think he would find another way to say he's losing faith, such as saying something like, " I'm still supportive, but I really need to see more (as a body of work)  before the end of the season at which time I will evaluate the season in depth"

Quote:Of course - 1-5 is a positive stride over 0-6.  No argument from me - that's a fact. Maybe next year we can be 2-4 and that would be even more positive. 

It all depends on your expectations.  Personally, I don't expect much anymore, I focus on the smallest areas so it makes it seem better than it really is.  Bortles, Hurns, A. Rob - all having a good year.  That's a positive.  O-line is giving up fewer sacks.  

If you look at the "big picture" - we're 15-55 over the past few years, with the largest point differential in league history.  Even teams like the Raiders and Browns seem to be progressing faster than we are.  

There are definitely players who are underperforming, but I don't think lack of talent is the biggest problem.  It's poor coaching.  You get a coaching staff that implements schemes that take advantage of the players strength, make adjustments in the game when schemes aren't working, teach the players to maximize their potential - things would be a lot better than they are now.  

So at that rate, by the time we are a 9-7 team, it will be time to find another franchise QB because BB5 will be 37.