Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quote from Shad Khan on Dave and Gus

Quote:I'm just worried Gussy will string together a few moral victories at the end and Khan will just say [BAD WORD REMOVED] it.

Your worried the team will win? Good job being a fan. I get your reasoning but its stupid, Short sighted and devoid of any grasp of how the NFL works. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You guys that look past the obvious signs that Gus and Dave aren't going anywhere are crazy. They'll still be here next year. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do but it's going to happen. I think the biggest reason is because of Bortles progression and they don't want to mess with that by firing his coach. Gus will get next year, count on it.

If these words are true it's a big let down for me personally the rest of the season.  Hey I'm A Jaguar fan so I'm use to the team letting me down

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Your worried the team will win? Good job being a fan. I get your reasoning but its stupid, Short sighted and devoid of any grasp of how the NFL works. 

You're right 5 win seasons are great, sorry for not being a "real fan"

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 09:24 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Jason Garrett, Dan Campbell is off to a good start this year. Miami looked like a totally different team on Sunday.
So we have one example in how many years of football? We're not even going to count a guy who just coached his first game.

Now honest question, which is better...firing Gus, hiring Marrone to win a couple meaningless games, risk a change in offensive philosophy and possibly hindering Bortles continued development....or keeping Gus to the end of the season then firing him, picking higher in the draft than you would have if you won those meaningless games, and still having the opportunity to interview and eventually hire Marrone or whoever else you choose?

The only positive to firing Gus right now is to appease the angry fans. I'd rather keep this going until the end of the season to ensure our highest pick in the draft and at a minimum, Bortles continued progression without more unnecessary distractions. Marrone will still be available for hire at the end of the season if that's what we want.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:So we have one example in how many years of football? We're not even going to count a guy who just coached his first game.

Now honest question, which is better...firing Gus, hiring Marrone to win a couple meaningless wins, risk a change in offensive philosophy and possibly hindering Bortles continued development....or keeping Gus to the end of the season then firing him, picking higher in the draft than you would have if you won those meaningless games, and still having the opportunity to interview and eventually hire Marrone or whoever else you choose?

The only positive to firing Gus right now is to appease the angry fans. I'd rather keep this going until the end of the season to ensure our highest pick in the draft and at a minimum Bortles continued progression without more unnecessary distractions. Marrone will still be available for hire at the end of the season if that's what we want.

This. You sir give me hope that intelligent life still exists on this board. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Khan is a half-way successful fellow....I'm going to trust his judgment.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:Your worried the team will win? Good job being a fan. I get your reasoning but its stupid, Short sighted and devoid of any grasp of how the NFL works. 

Quote:So we have one example in how many years of football? We're not even going to count a guy who just coached his first game.

Now honest question, which is better...firing Gus, hiring Marrone to win a couple meaningless wins, risk a change in offensive philosophy and possibly hindering Bortles continued development....or keeping Gus to the end of the season then firing him, picking higher in the draft than you would have if you won those meaningless games, and still having the opportunity to interview and eventually hire Marrone or whoever else you choose?

The only positive to firing Gus right now is to appease the angry fans. I'd rather keep this going until the end of the season to ensure our highest pick in the draft and at a minimum Bortles continued progression without more unnecessary distractions. Marrone will still be available for hire at the end of the season if that's what we want.

Quote:This. You sir give me hope that intelligent life still exists on this board. 

Quote:Honest question. When was the last time an interim coach amounted to anything with the same team?

You really should get out more.

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top.../?p=592135

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Now honest question, which is better...firing Gus, hiring Marrone to win a couple meaningless games, risk a change in offensive philosophy and possibly hindering Bortles continued development....or keeping Gus to the end of the season then firing him, picking higher in the draft than you would have if you won those meaningless games, and still having the opportunity to interview and eventually hire Marrone or whoever else you choose?

The only positive to firing Gus right now is to appease the angry fans. I'd rather keep this going until the end of the season to ensure our highest pick in the draft and at a minimum, Bortles continued progression without more unnecessary distractions. Marrone will still be available for hire at the end of the season if that's what we want.

Why would we change offensive philosophy if Marrone takes over? If we fire gus now, we will know what Marrone can do now, rather than hiring him in the offseason and not turning out to be a good choice.

I think we need a coach to come in here and kick some tail.  There are too many high drafted players out there who are just playing stupid or soft.  A coach who will put away the ice cream sandwiches and put foot to rear.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Now honest question, which is better...firing Gus, hiring Marrone to win a couple meaningless games, risk a change in offensive philosophy and possibly hindering Bortles continued development....or keeping Gus to the end of the season then firing him, picking higher in the draft than you would have if you won those meaningless games, and still having the opportunity to interview and eventually hire Marrone or whoever else you choose?

If Gus is fired Monday Marrone would have a chance to show whether or not he's good enough to be the head coach next year. Otherwise we'd just be deciding whether or not to hire Marrone based on what we already know. Is a trial period an advantage? I don't see it as a disadvantage. Knowledge is power.

The OC and the offensive playbook wouldn't change under Marrone. The "philosophy" might change in the form of maybe running more or going more/less conservative with a lead, but that wouldn't hinder Bortles development.

Choosing to keep Bradley in order to get a higher draft pick? Preferring to lose, is that your position?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I think we need a coach to come in here and kick some tail. There are too many high drafted players out there who are just playing stupid or soft. A coach who will put away the ice cream sandwiches and put foot to rear.

Agreed. Marrone seems like the hard nosed dont take any crap type of coach.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 09:41 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:If Gus is fired Monday Marrone would have a chance to show whether or not he's good enough to be the head coach next year. Otherwise we'd just be deciding whether or not to hire Marrone based on what we already know. Is a trial period an advantage? I don't see it as a disadvantage. Knowledge is power.

The OC and the offensive playbook wouldn't change under Marrone. The "philosophy" might change in the form of maybe running more or going more/less conservative with a lead, but that wouldn't hinder Bortles development.

Choosing to keep Bradley in order to get a higher draft pick? Preferring to lose, is that your position?

Quote:Why would we change offensive philosophy if Marrone takes over? If we fire gus now, we will know what Marrone can do now, rather than hiring him in the offseason and not turning out to be a good choice.

Because Nathaniel Hackett was his offensive coordinator in Buffalo. Me thinks if he's promoted to interim he could look to move him back into that role for the rest of the season.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Same quote just from Bigcatcountry so it must be true.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/10/20/...-are-doing

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 09:45 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:If Gus is fired Monday Marrone would have a chance to show whether or not he's good enough to be the head coach next year. Otherwise we'd just be deciding whether or not to hire Marrone based on what we already know. Is a trial period an advantage? I don't see it as a disadvantage. Knowledge is power.

I last heard, somewhere amongst Jags fans, that our team is killing itself with errors and bad players.  With a change of more/less conservative coaching, using the same playbook and players making  mistakes, we should see progress?  Is that your position?  

Does anybody know the problem?  Coach, players, or plays?  Nevermind, just put feet(s) in rear-ends and Wins will come.  I forgot we only lose because Gus is nice.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 09:44 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:You really should get out more.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/14510-prisco-doesnt-think-we-should-fire-bradley/?p=592135'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/14510-prisco-doesnt-think-we-should-fire-bradley/?p=592135</a>

Not very impressive. At least not the guys who coached in this century.

Quote:Not very impressive. At least not the guys who coached in this century.
Marty Shottenheimer, Jeff Fisher, and Jason Garret? If any of that type of coach were on the Jaguars, you'd be an idiot not to give him a chance. They've all been to superbowls, outside of Garret, who has consistant, deep playoff level teams.

Its besides the point,anyway. People who want Marrone to take over, including myself, sound like they highly doubt he is the answer. People want to win games, plain and simple. We have drafted in the top 10 for the past decade, still nothing. David Caldwell should be a savy enough GM to find a player later than the 10th pick. Even if Marrone finished 6-10 we would likely have a top 10 pick anyway.

We dont need a QB, picking that high is pretty unnecessary if we take a LB/CB/OG/DT.

Quote:When season tickets decline next year, we'll revisit these comments.
I must have missed the part where Shad said that Gus is the coach in 2016.

Quote:Jason Garrett, Dan Campbell is off to a good start this year. Miami looked like a totally different team on Sunday.
Dallas was a playoff team the year before Garrett took over. Actually, 2006-2009 Dallas had a winning record. He followed his intern season in 2010 with back to back to back 8-8 seasons. Garret has 1 winning season in his 4 full years as head coach.

Garrett's head was called for multiple times for turning a perennial winning team into a .500 team. The only reason he stuck around was because of his personal relationship with Jerry Jones.

Garrett isn't the type of "success" story I want as a head coach.