Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is it time to bench Cyprien?

Quote:I feel like he's continually regressed yet oddly enough Sergio gets the bench before him.

In lieu of who? 

The team is lacking talent in the Safety position and is plagued with injuries..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

if we had anyone better. not sure what happened to our defensive backs, but we have no play makers, its not like they were trying to undercut a route for an int and got burned,  they just get burned.  its depressing to watch every week.

Who knows if Cyprien is bad or not - the coaching is so awful, hard to really evaluate talent. 

The angles you take are a matter of instinct in the run game. He looks like a miss. This is the danger of seeing a prospect in the mold of a great player (kam chancellor)

Picking this guy #33 was a pretty big mistake. I hope Caldwell has learned from his mistakes on that one. 

Lets not forget we took Gratz at the top of the 3rd that year and also passed on Bell, Lacy, and Keenan Allen.

I am all for benching people who don't perform. However, the question needs to be asked, who will replace him and will they be as good as Cyprien? Not to say that Cyprien is good (since he might need the bench), but he might be our best option in a position with little depth. I'm not sure we sacrifice a position just to make a statement of how bad he is. Even though he is bad (or at least has bad streaks), he still might be the best at his position right now. I think this is an area we need address in the off season.

Quote:I am all for benching people who don't perform. However, the question needs to be asked, who will replace him and will they be as good as Cyprien? Not to say that Cyprien is good (since he might need the bench), but he might be our best option in a position with little depth. I'm not sure we sacrifice a position just to make a statement of how bad he is. Even though he is bad (or at least has bad streaks), he still might be the best at his position right now. I think this is an area we need address in the off season.

James the "Real" Sample.

My question is what is it that makes it so hard for this staff to bench Cyp? They bench Sergio after one bad game but multiple bad games and he gets a pass. Are we missing something?

Cyprien is useless as a Safety.  Terrible at open field tackles and can't cover.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Nothing like seeing a blurry #37 whiff past the opposing ball carrier at mach 10 in the replays. Always merits a nice giggle.
or

He gets his hands on the player and gets run over or through.  Most CB's in the nfl tackle better.

Quote:Who knows if Cyprien is bad or not - the coaching is so awful, hard to really evaluate talent. 
It's pretty easy.

Watching A Safety take horrible angles or constantly miss a crucial tackle is not coachable.   This is one of those you either have it or you don't and he clearly don't.  As John Madden use to say "you can't coach that"

I think he has zero pass breakups this yr.

We need more from him.

He had an ok game against indy. For his standards.

Quote:James the "Real" Sample.
he is always hurt

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:My question is what is it that makes it so hard for this staff to bench Cyp? They bench Sergio after one bad game but multiple bad games and he gets a pass. Are we missing something?

He was the 33rd pick. If they didn't have an investment in him, he would be sent off to a farm where he can run and play with other safeties like Winston Guy, Don Carey, and Courtney Greene. 

(Reminder: PFF currently has Cyprien with 23 made tackles and 11 missed tackles. This from a guy who makes zero big plays)

Quote:or

He gets his hands on the player and gets run over or through. Most CB's in the nfl tackle better.

There was a play last week where the defense bottled the RB up and Cyp tried to jump into the pile to push it back. Instead he flew back 5 yards right on his keister. Chumprien needs to go.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:He was the 33rd pick. If they didn't have an investment in him, he would be sent off to a farm where he can run and play with other safeties like Winston Guy, Don Carey, and Courtney Greene. 

(Reminder: PFF currently has Cyprien with 23 made tackles and 11 missed tackles. This from a guy who makes zero big plays)

So they HAVE to play a guy who is terrible because you drafted him high? That makes no sense. The Bills dumped EJ Manuel pretty quick last year.

Quote:So they HAVE to play a guy who is terrible because you drafted him high? That makes no sense. The Bills dumped EJ Manuel pretty quick last year.

Of course it doesn't make sense. But it's the norm around the NFL, high picks and big contracts get far more leeway than other players.

Quote:Of course it doesn't make sense. But it's the norm around the NFL, high picks and big contracts get far more leeway than other players.

I guess it could be worse. I mean really. You could rather be stuck with Colin Kaepernick or Cyprien. I'll stick with Cyp all day.

Myers with another missed PAT... to go with his 72% FG success rate this year...   

Big hit for a turnover.

He's not all bad. Just needs more consistency.