Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Canada Elects New Prime Minister in Justin Trudeau

Regan was a governor before he was president so nice job trying to compare this louse Trudeau to him

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There are quite a few facts about Ronald Reagan that most people don't know.  The first one is that he used to be a Democrat back when he first got involved in politics.  His involvement was being elected President of the Screen Actor's Guild (union) when he was still an actor.  Not long after that was when he changed parties and became a Republican, and was elected as Governor twice in the liberal state of California.

Love him or hate him, he was one of the greatest Presidents in history.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I know history's not your strong suit, but Reagan was the wildly-successful governor of California for eight years before becoming President.

Wow, you're really up on things. Thanks for the lesson. So, becoming governor of California was no big deal? He didn't take any heat for being just another pretty face, i.e., an actor?

A history lesson from someone who actually thinks Bernie has a chance for the Democratic Party nomination. Priceless.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Wow, you're really up on things. Thanks for the lesson. So, becoming governor of California was no big deal? He didn't take any heat for being just another pretty face, i.e., an actor?

A history lesson from someone who actually thinks Bernie has a chance for the Democratic Party nomination. Priceless.
I'm sorry that Stalin isn't running. I know how much you looked forward to voting for him on your own ballot, and the ten other ballots you filled out with dead peoples' voter ID cards.

Quote:I'm sorry that Stalin isn't running. I know how much you looked forward to voting for him on your own ballot, and the ten other ballots you filled out with dead peoples' voter ID cards.

Are you drunk? Ten bucks to anyone who has any idea what you're talking about.

Oh, and Bernie getting the nomination - hahahahahahahaha.

Quote:There are quite a few facts about Ronald Reagan that most people don't know. The first one is that he used to be a Democrat back when he first got involved in politics. His involvement was being elected President of the Screen Actor's Guild (union) when he was still an actor. Not long after that was when he changed parties and became a Republican, and was elected as Governor twice in the liberal state of California.

Love him or hate him, he was one of the greatest Presidents in history.

No he wasn't.

Quote:No he wasn't.
[Image: popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif]

Were you even alive in the 1970s?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Were you even alive in the 1970s?

Since Reagan was president in the 80s, one wonders about the relevance.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Canada elects a liberal?  Shocking!   :woot:

Cleaner cities

Better healthcare system

Better criminal system

Less wealth inequality

Less violent crimes

Fewer military conflicts

Less civil unrest

Shocking!

Quote:Cleaner cities

Better healthcare system

Better criminal system

Less wealth inequality

Less violent crimes

Fewer military conflicts

Less civil unrest

Shocking!

An argument can be made against several of those, but I don't have time for it right now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Why the Canada/Liberal discussion. Harper was PM for arounf 10 years. A Conservative.

Their economy isn't doing so well, so it was a perfect storm for change.

How it turns out? Only time will tell.

An obvious upset, which tells me the voters were tired of the status quo.

Trudeau supports legal weed, the Keystone, getting outta the Middle East. Not a bad platform for a disgruntled nation.

He also blamed Harper for the fact the Stanley Cup not being won by any home team... And that was the clincher. That with a free cup of Tim Hortons coffee and a box of Timbits.

Wins in a landslide after that.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Since Reagan was president in the 80s, one wonders about the relevance.

Had the late 70s not been so glorious Reagan wouldn't have needed to be so great.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Reagan would be drummed out of today's Republican Party - led probably by Ted Cruz.

And he'd be crucified by many on here. The best he'd be called is a RINO. 

Quote:Wow, you're really up on things. Thanks for the lesson. So, becoming governor of California was no big deal? He didn't take any heat for being just another pretty face, i.e., an actor?

[Image: movinggoalpost.gif]