Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:"But what is happiness?  It's a moment before you need more happiness."   Don Draper

Would you be happy in a Bentley?  You'd be happy for a moment.  Then you'd be parking it at the far end of the parking lot, so no one would scratch it.   And you'd realize, all your friends think you're showing off.  And you'd realize, it does basically the same things as a Toyota.   And you'd find out, girls don't like you any more than before.  And of course, you've achieved your Bentley, and you'd need something else to drive you forward.  It never stops. 

"You get hungry even though you've just eaten."  Don Draper again  
I have been in a Bentley. It does so much more than any Toyota. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I have been in a Bentley. It does so much more than any Toyota.

Like what?

Tosach maith leat na hoibre!

Months like March and May having 31 days. Seriously, strip a day from May and August and give it to February already. We need more 30 day months. And on the bright side of this, leap year babies will grow and age at a normal rate.

Quote:Months like March and May having 31 days. Seriously, strip a day from May and August and give it to February already. We need more 30 day months. And on the bright side of this, leap year babies will grow and age at a normal rate.
Leap years have nothing to do with some months having 31 days versus 30 days. 

Quote:Leap years have nothing to do with some months having 31 days versus 30 days.
Look, man, I don't care the reasons. It's just freaking weird dude. 28 days? August has 31?

I know leap years add the extra day because it's needed to be accurate with the earth revolving around the sun over the course of 4 years. But why not add a day and or two and make all the months more even? Don't you care about the leap babies? I went to school with a leap year baby when I was in preschool. HES STILL IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!!! And a quarter of my age now.

When people post on social media in King James biblical English.

"And on this day the Heavens sent my eldest born....."

Chill out lady. It's your kid's birthday. I get it. Buy him the damn Nintendo thingy and move on. 

:teehee:

People who walk up and persist in holding a conversation while I'm eating.

Quote:People who walk up and persist in holding a conversation while I'm eating.

Why are you always eating?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Why are you always eating?

Because I don't like to talk. Are we finished here?

Quote:Because I don't like to talk. Are we finished here?

Are you still eating? Cuz I can't stop talking to you until you're finished.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Are you still eating? Cuz I can't stop talking to you until you're finished.

(sigh) That's what I hear.

When you buy a box of candy and they put a plastic wrapper around the box that is next to impossible to remove.  And then when it starts to peel off, it's one little minute piece and due to the static electricity you can't get the damn thing off of your hand.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Guys who take their wives/girlfriends to the golf range and attempt to teach them how to hit a golf ball with absolutely the worst instruction possible. I feel sorry for these gals because stupid husband/boyfriend has no idea what he's doing. The ladies start to get self conscious because they're whiffing swings and making every other mistake possible. The one I saw this afternoon had me shaking my head in absolute disbelief. She's addressing the ball with her feet well outside shoulder width with knees locked and he just stands there with hands in pocket. Then he would take the club from her, demonstrate how he hits a ball, then hand the club back and allow her to make the same mistakes over and over.

Last week a guy was 'teaching' his SO how to putt. She was bent at the waist with absolutely no flex in the knees. Meanwhile, stupid boyfriend/husband stands there with hands in pockets just watching. Maybe the boyfriends/husbands are trying to ruin the game for the ladies because they don't want them going along on golf days. I would love if my wife showed interest in playing, but she enjoys just sitting in the cart and laughing at my attempts. 

Quote:Guys who take their wives/girlfriends to the golf range and attempt to teach them how to hit a golf ball with absolutely the worst instruction possible. I feel sorry for these gals because stupid husband/boyfriend has no idea what he's doing. The ladies start to get self conscious because they're whiffing swings and making every other mistake possible. The one I saw this afternoon had me shaking my head in absolute disbelief. She's addressing the ball with her feet well outside shoulder width with knees locked and he just stands there with hands in pocket. Then he would take the club from her, demonstrate how he hits a ball, then hand the club back and allow her to make the same mistakes over and over.

Last week a guy was 'teaching' his SO how to putt. She was bent at the waist with absolutely no flex in the knees. Meanwhile, stupid boyfriend/husband stands there with hands in pockets just watching. Maybe the boyfriends/husbands are trying to ruin the game for the ladies because they don't want them going along on golf days. I would love if my wife showed interest in playing, but she enjoys just sitting in the cart and laughing at my attempts. 

On a related note, my wife always gets perturbed with me because I won't 'teach her to play golf'.  I told her that I'm the last person that should be teaching her.

Quote:Guys who take their wives/girlfriends to the golf range
In more civilized countries this is valid reason for divorce. 

People that ride on the side of the road, against traffic, on their bicycles.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 09:51 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:Guys who take their wives/girlfriends to the golf range and attempt to teach them how to hit a golf ball with absolutely the worst instruction possible. I feel sorry for these gals because stupid husband/boyfriend has no idea what he's doing. The ladies start to get self conscious because they're whiffing swings and making every other mistake possible. The one I saw this afternoon had me shaking my head in absolute disbelief. She's addressing the ball with her feet well outside shoulder width with knees locked and he just stands there with hands in pocket. Then he would take the club from her, demonstrate how he hits a ball, then hand the club back and allow her to make the same mistakes over and over.

I see that all the time, too.   I have to fight the urge to intervene.  

The other day I saw a man and his son, who looked like he was about 10 or 12 years old, perfect time to start playing golf, but the man was giving him the absolute worst instruction possible.  Then the guy would say, watch me, and he had the worst swing ever.   You just have to hope the kid will wise up and go get some real lessons from a real teacher. 

Doc Tony

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:Doc Tony

He's not just animatronics, he's a real people.