Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

And who could forget Ferret and Ferret?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And who could forget Ferret and Ferret?

For the weasel.

I replied just to skip here

Drive thru McDonald's system is updating between 2 am and 4 am, so you have to pay with cash only.

Quote:Drive thru McDonald's system is updating between 2 am and 4 am, so you have to pay with cash only.

I bought gas today with cash. I actually went inside, made a deposit, went back outside, filled my tank, then went back inside to get my change. It was surreal.

Quote:I bought gas today with cash. I actually went inside, made a deposit, went back outside, filled my tank, then went back inside to get my change. It was surreal.

It's so weird that you have that over there.. we just fill up and pay afterwards (if paying by cash)... then again.

How much does it cost to fill up and average car over there? From empty it costs me around £60 which is about $75.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:It's so weird that you have that over there.. we just fill up and pay afterwards (if paying by cash)... then again.

How much does it cost to fill up and average car over there? From empty it costs me around £60 which is about $75.

A business here would have to close its doors within a week if it adopted that policy. It wasn't always like that, though, because nearly everyone paid with cash then. Signs of the times, I suppose. However, on a bike ride not too long ago, I stopped to fuel up at a little rural Mom & Pop place that still uses old analog pumps with the scrolling number wheels. Paying at the pump was not an option. I hadn't seen that in years. In another sign of the times, I just happened to be lucky enough to have cash on me to pay for the gas. 

It only cost me $38.50 to fill up. You folks have to pay for your free healthcare, though.

Quote:A business here would have to close its doors within a week if it adopted that policy. It wasn't always like that, though, because nearly everyone paid with cash then. Signs of the times, I suppose. However, on a bike ride not too long ago, I stopped to fuel up at a little rural Mom & Pop place that still uses old analog pumps with the scrolling number wheels. Paying at the pump was not an option. I hadn't seen that in years. In another sign of the times, I just happened to be lucky enough to have cash on me to pay for the gas. 

It only cost me $38.50 to fill up. You folks have to pay for your free healthcare, though.

Haha not untrue, but I'd rather our health system, that's for sure.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Ungodly overkilled mountainous speed bumps. They're supposed to slow down traffic, not destroy shocks and springs.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Here is something I find extremely annoying.  

When people say, "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity."   That is NOT the definition of insanity and I'm getting sick of people saying it. 

Quote:Here is something I find extremely annoying.  

When people say, "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity."   That is NOT the definition of insanity and I'm getting sick of people saying it. 
I concur. 

So what is it the definition of?  Bullheadedness?

Have you seen my baseball?

When people continuously correct my definition of insanity over and over and expect me to say something different. It's crazy.

When people say, "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity." That is NOT the definition of insanity and I'm getting sick of people saying it.

Quote:So what is it the definition of?  Bullheadedness?

Good one.  That's actually pretty close. 

Webster's defines "bullheadedness" as "determined in an obstinate and unthinking way."  

When people say, "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity." That is NOT the definition of insanity and I'm getting sick of people saying it.

That's practicing, right? Doing something over and over until one gets it right.

Quote:I concur. 
You're both insane.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Wanting a damn taco but being on a diet.

Quote:Wanting a damn taco but being on a diet.

I'm in the same boat, trying out this fancy dan keto diet and trying to only eat 40gs of carbs or so.

Suits me in the morning as I can just load on the eggs and rashers/pudding..but also means no bread,pizza pasta etc etc think its more trouble than its worth.

Quote:I'm in the same boat, trying out this fancy dan keto diet and trying to only eat 40gs of carbs or so.

Suits me in the morning as I can just load on the eggs and rashers/pudding..but also means no bread,pizza pasta etc etc think its more trouble than its worth.
No worries... I had 3 eggs and spinach instead :/