Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

One thing that's really, really trivial that irritates me to no end is the omission of the verb "to be" in speaking or writing. I see/hear that a lot out here in Western Maryland. Each and every time it's like nails on a chalkboard and I don't otherwise consider myself the grammar police...it's just this one thing.

Example:

"This order needs to be invoiced" -  :thumbsup:

"This order needs invoiced." -  Wallbash

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Another that really annoys me:

I'm not sure if you have it over there, but "could have" abbrevated is "could've", right?

Although over here, lazily, people say 'Could of'..

"I could of gone to the game if I had the cash.."

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!! STOP IT!!!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Another that really annoys me:

I'm not sure if you have it over there, but "could have" abbrevated is "could've", right?

Although over here, lazily, people say 'Could of'..

"I could of gone to the game if I had the cash.."

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!! STOP IT!!!

Yeah, that one over here too, and it is very annoying!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Finding clothes is the worst. I have like two brands that I can fit into.
Yep. I used to buy jeans at a specific store but the prices got to be so outrageous that I wouldn't even put them on layaway. You know when a mall store has a layaway program for their clothes they're expensive. I can't see spending more than $60-$70 on a pair of jeans, I don't care how good they fit or how long they last. And that's how much they were 10 years ago. They're almost double that now.

Quote:Yep. I used to buy jeans at a specific store but the prices got to be so outrageous that I wouldn't even put them on layaway. You know when a mall store has a layaway program for their clothes they're expensive. I can't see spending more than $60-$70 on a pair of jeans, I don't care how good they fit or how long they last. And that's how much they were 10 years ago. They're almost double that now.

I don't really wear jeans but I own a pair of course. The whole designer Jean thing is absolutely outrageous, thankfully I fit in good ol Levis just fine.

Shirts is where I start to have major problems haha.

Quote:I don't really wear jeans but I own a pair of course. The whole designer Jean thing is absolutely outrageous, thankfully I fit in good ol Levis just fine.

Shirts is where I start to have major problems haha.

Hey now...nothing beats a pair of Levi's at accentuating the male posterior!! :thumbsup:

Quote:Hey now...nothing beats a pair of Levi's at accentuating the male posterior!! :thumbsup:

Hey! Eyes up here...I'm up here! Tongue

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Hey now...nothing beats a pair of Levi's at accentuating the male posterior!! :thumbsup:

Ha maybe I should wear them more often!

Quote:Hey! Eyes up here...I'm up here! Tongue

You'd never notice...you have to be walking away to get the full view! Wink

Quote:Ha maybe I should wear them more often!

Yes, yes you should!! :yes:

Slow drivers in left lane with thumb up their piss

Deion Sanders on Thurs night football...or anytime

Political campaigns

Women is shorts/bathing suits wearing high heels

Leaving shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot

Showing everyone you wear Tommy Hilfiger underwear, while holding up your saggy pants

Blakes Life Matters

Waitresses that disappear from the face of the earth when you just want to cash out your bill.

(I was just at lunch)

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I don't wear Levi's they're so expensive over here.. Although I pretty much wear skinny jeans every day :-)

Quote:One thing that's really, really trivial that irritates me to no end is the omission of the verb "to be" in speaking or writing. I see/hear that a lot out here in Western Maryland. Each and every time it's like nails on a chalkboard and I don't otherwise consider myself the grammar police...it's just this one thing.

Example:

"This order needs to be invoiced" -  :thumbsup:

"This order needs invoiced." -  Wallbash

My in-laws in Pittsburgh as well.

"The dog needs bathed."

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:My in-laws in Pittsburgh as well.

"The dog needs bathed."

I hate the trend of dropping articles in radio speech, ie "Traffic is slow on Arlington Expressway" or "Stop by our new location in Southside."

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I don't wear Levi's they're so expensive over here.. Although I pretty much wear skinny jeans every day :-)

How much are they over there?

And skinny jeans accentuate way more than just the posterior...

HAHA....!! Men area always so objectified!

Anyway, as long as guys have stopped wearing the jeans with the bling on the butt pocket, it's all good. Bling is getting old for women, but please, guys don't do it!

Quote:How much are they over there?

And skinny jeans accentuate way more than just the posterior...

Around £100 ($160) per pair..

They do? I hadn't noticed.. Haha

Quote:Waitresses that disappear from the face of the earth when you just want to cash out your bill.

(I was just at lunch)

I think that not-so-polite squeeze you gave her may have had something to do with her absence.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Around £100 ($160) per pair..

They do? I hadn't noticed.. Haha

Wow...they are around $40 over here. Would it be cheaper to buy them online and ship them in?

And if they are skinny enough... :whistling: