Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://youtu.be/6Z8ZQ3kTSK0

Arguing with fans about David Garrard being the best Jaguar QB for the team (years ago) among other things they refused to hear another opinion on, 

remind me of the guy above...

Having to sweep my floors ALL THE TIME. I need one of those Rumba things or whatever they are. The amount of sand that gets tracked in, even with 3 different rugs/shoe scrapers, that stuff still finds it's way in. Especially after a rain. 

Irregardless.

And people who spell tire with a y (tyre)  :whistling:

People who chain their dogs in the back yard! Arggghhhhh, if you have to chain the poor animal you don't need one.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

Quote:People who chain their dogs in the back yard! Arggghhhhh, if you have to chain the poor animal you don't need one.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

Along these lines.....'outside dogs'.  You don't just get a dog and leave it outside 24x7.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Along these lines.....'outside dogs'.  You don't just get a dog and leave it outside 24x7.

I don't own dogs, but why not?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I don't own dogs, but why not?

Unnecessary exposure to extreme temperature is probably the most obvious. 

I've seen folks with nice kennel set-ups for their hunting dogs that keep water fresh automatically and provide shelter and fan ventilation  -- but there are plenty that don't provide such amenities and their animals pant constantly to ward off heat overexposure in the summer and lack necessary warmth on cold nights.  Not to mention stagnant water with mosquito larvae and other related nutritional shortcomings.

Quote:Unnecessary exposure to extreme temperature is probably the most obvious. 

I've seen folks with nice kennel set-ups for their hunting dogs that keep water fresh automatically and provide shelter and fan ventilation  -- but there are plenty that don't provide such amenities and their animals pant constantly to ward off heat overexposure in the summer and lack necessary warmth on cold nights.  Not to mention stagnant water with mosquito larvae and other related nutritional shortcomings.

You can care for an animal and it live outdoors. My dad's people never let their hunting dogs inside and they were quite happy.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You can care for an animal and it live outdoors. My dad's people never let their hunting dogs inside and they were quite happy.

Yeah.  That's what I just said.

It's do-able  - Many people do a crap job of it though.  

Quote:Yeah. That's what I just said.

It's do-able - Many people do a crap job of it though.

I knew the hunting dogs thing would come up. And I guess I understand that, as long as they are cared for. I'm sure YOU know I was referring to someone that gets a dog as a family pet and pretty much tosses it the back yard.

Quote:I knew the hunting dogs thing would come up. And I guess I understand that, as long as they are cared for. I'm sure YOU know I was referring to someone that gets a dog as a family pet and pretty much tosses it the back yard.
Yes.  I think most of us have seen a neglected pet more or less abandoned in someone's backyard that's obviously lacking in basic care.  

Growing up - our family dog lived outdoors 95 percent of the time.  It received an old blanket on the enclosed back porch in the "winter" to help it better retain body heat and we utilized a leaky outdoor hose bibb to keep it's water fresh.   There was always a variety of shade and it received flea/tick heart worm treatments. 

For me -  ^ that's pretty much "bare-minimum" but I choose to make my dog more comfortable than that. 

On the hunting dog topic, I ironically have a 60 pound Walker Coon-Hound that much prefers sitting on the couch with me to digging out a cool spot under the oak tree in the backyard. 

Quote:Yes. I think most of us have seen a neglected pet more or less abandoned in someone's backyard that's obviously lacking in basic care.

Growing up - our family dog lived outdoors 95 percent of the time. It received an old blanket on the enclosed back porch in the "winter" to help it better retain body heat and we utilized a leaky outdoor hose bibb to keep it's water fresh. There was always a variety of shade and it received flea/tick heart worm treatments.

For me - ^ that's pretty much "bare-minimum" but I choose to make my dog more comfortable than that.

On the hunting dog topic, I ironically have a 60 pound Walker Coon-Hound that much prefers sitting on the couch with me to digging out a cool spot under the oak tree in the backyard.

I've got a Golden and a Lab and they have pretty much free reign of the house.

Looking at the car next to you at a red light and seeing toddlers unbuckled and unrestrained crawling all over the backseat of a car.  People who don't fasten their children in cars should be immediately stopped and hauled off to jail.

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:I've got a Golden and a Lab and they have pretty much free reign of the house.

I have cats, they pretty much do whatever the hell they want with little input from us.

children in grade school debates who constantly interrupt, insult and have no substance in their arguments. You'd think their teacher would teach them better before putting them on stage for parent night...then there's the parents who cheer loudly for their own kid, even when they are totally wrong, instead of listening to the others..
Blakes Life Matters

Facebook. Deleted my account a few months ago and havn't looked back since.

What a load of nonsense.

Quote:children in grade school debates who constantly interrupt, insult and have no substance in their arguments. You'd think their teacher would teach them better before putting them on stage for parent night...then there's the parents who cheer loudly for their own kid, even when they are totally wrong, instead of listening to the others..
It seems to work well for presidential candidates...just sayin'.

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Woody Allen movies.

They SUCK!
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Woody Allen movies.

They SUCK!

This + infinity!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???