Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:Erectile dysfunction commercials. They are endless.

Yeah, I have a hard time with those.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah, I have a hard time with those.

I'm sure they leave you flaccid.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Yeah, I have a hard time with those.

Eventually you'll learn how to handle it.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

So, I'm at the upscale-ish bar and grill at JFK airport and I'm experiencing new material for this thread.

Guy to my immediate left talking on phone for at least 20 minutes now at a very impressive volume. Seems to be hashing out how he and two coworkers will divvy up the credit for saving the company lots of money by firing people.

Woman to my right is essentially doing the same thing but on the topic of $5000 handbags and which of her closest friends post the sleaziest pictures on Instagram.

Now dude on left has sent his steak back TWICE for being over cooked, so naturally when the third steak arrives I subtly glance his way to sense his approval.

I guess he liked it. Since he consumed everything on the plate in literally 2.5 minutes - extruding his tongue completely from his mouth to "accept" each oversized bite.

So I guess, bad manners is my complaint here.

Stay classy frequent flyers.

Quote:So, I'm at the upscale-ish bar and grill at JFK airport and I'm experiencing new material for this thread.

Guy to my immediate left talking on phone for at least 20 minutes now at a very impressive volume. Seems to be hashing out how he and two coworkers will divvy up the credit for saving the company lots of money by firing people.

Woman to my right is essentially doing the same thing but on the topic of $5000 handbags and which of her closest friends post the sleaziest pictures on Instagram.

Now dude on left has sent his steak back TWICE for being over cooked, so naturally when the third steak arrives I subtly glance his way to sense his approval.

I guess he liked it. Since he consumed everything on the plate in literally 2.5 minutes - extruding his tongue completely from his mouth to "accept" each oversized bite.

After seeing the movie Waiting, I'll never send food back no matter how over or under cooked it is..

That said, did you happen to get a screen name or something from the woman with the sleazy pics?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:So, I'm at the upscale-ish bar and grill at JFK airport and I'm experiencing new material for this thread.

I was in La Guardia with my kids.  They had iPads to order drinks at the bar/sandwhcih counter in the center of the terminal. I wanted to ask the bartender if I could just get a cup of milk (which wasn't on the iPad as an option, though i was sure they had milk)  for my kid as we were down a terminal and no where near a store.  The bartender refused to talk to me since I hadn't yet ordered a drink via iPad.  I kept saying "excuse me" "Hey, I have a question," "Dude, are you just ignoring me?"

It was so pretentious.  Apparently unless you are willing to order a drink via iPad the bartender won't even talk to you.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I was in La Guardia with my kids. They had iPads to order drinks at the bar/sandwhcih counter in the center of the terminal. I wanted to ask the bartender if I could just get a cup of milk (which wasn't on the iPad as an option, though i was sure they had milk) for my kid as we were down a terminal and no where near a store. The bartender refused to talk to me since I hadn't yet ordered a drink via iPad. I kept saying "excuse me" "Hey, I have a question," "Dude, are you just ignoring me?"

It was so pretentious. Apparently unless you are willing to order a drink via iPad the bartender won't even talk to you.

I call people like that, iHoles..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I was in La Guardia with my kids.  They had iPads to order drinks at the bar/sandwhcih counter in the center of the terminal. I wanted to ask the bartender if I could just get a cup of milk (which wasn't on the iPad as an option, though i was sure they had milk)  for my kid as we were down a terminal and no where near a store.  The bartender refused to talk to me since I hadn't yet ordered a drink via iPad.  I kept saying "excuse me" "Hey, I have a question," "Dude, are you just ignoring me?"

It was so pretentious.  Apparently unless you are willing to order a drink via iPad the bartender won't even talk to you.

Did you order or leave?

Quote:Did you order or leave?

I eventually left. The guy stood like 5 feet from me and ignored my questions. It was like something out of a Seinfeld episode. Worst part was, all of the kiosks throughout the airport only had soy milk.  I ran around looking for milk, but all of the kiosks only had soy milk.  I don't know if we hit the airport at a bad time, but i went to like 4 stores.  They all had soy milk and coconut milk, but no regular milk.  It was mind blowing.

― Albert Camus

Quote:Did you order or leave?

Oh, and by the way, i am overly polite. It wasn't like I was treating the employee like I see some people treat restaurant staff.

― Albert Camus

Quote:I eventually left. The guy stood like 5 feet from me and ignored my questions. It was like something out of a Seinfeld episode. Worst part was, all of the kiosks throughout the airport only had soy milk.  I ran around looking for milk, but all of the kiosks only had soy milk.  I don't know if we hit the airport at a bad time, but i went to like 4 stores.  They all had soy milk and coconut milk, but no regular milk.  It was mind blowing.

I was just wondering. For the record, I would have left as well.

On that note...

When you are trying to give business to someone and they do everything in their power to un-earn the business you've already basically decided to give them.

Quote:Oh, and by the way, i am overly polite. It wasn't like I was treating the employee like I see some people treat restaurant staff.

I wonder what he would've done when I bounced that iBrick off his dome?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Workers who come into your home to remodel a room and leave a disgusting mess in multiple rooms in your home.

My wife hired a guy to retile a bathroom. I got home from work and came in through the garage. The tile guy literally got changed in my kitchen out of his gross, grout covered pants. I know this because he left them in the middle of my kitchen floor at the end of the day. I confronted him on it and he said.. "I didn't want to get the inside of my car dirty." That's it. No apology for making my whole house gross. No embarrassment for being caught changing in my kitchen (when all he was working on was in the bathroom). He didn't seem to care at all that he made a mess in like 5 rooms going back and forth through the house.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Workers who come into your home to remodel a room and leave a disgusting mess in multiple rooms in your home.

My wife hired a guy to retile a bathroom. I got home from work and came in through the garage. The tile guy literally got changed in my kitchen out of his gross, grout covered pants. I know this because he left them in the middle of my kitchen floor at the end of the day. I confronted him on it and he said.. "I didn't want to get the inside of my car dirty." That's it. No apology for making my whole house gross. No embarrassment for being caught changing in my kitchen (when all he was working on was in the bathroom). He didn't seem to care at all that he made a mess in like 5 rooms going back and forth through the house.

That's why I learned to lay tile myself!! It's not that difficult and you don't have to pay someone else to make a mess in your house.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:That's why I learned to lay tile myself!! It's not that difficult and you don't have to pay someone else to make a mess in your house.

That's right. I make my own messes.

Quote:That's right. I make my own messes.

Exactly!! You want to know the dirty drawers in your kitchen are yours!!

Quote:Exactly!! You want to know the dirty drawers in your kitchen are yours!!

Yep. The pants ain't clean neither.

Quote:Yep. The pants ain't clean neither.

:teehee:

The always helpful and attentive staff at the local Hardee's.   Wallbash :angry:

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!