Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:I don't handle traffic very well. I wouldn't even attempt to drive in a place like Philly. I also avoid LA at all costs.

When I head to SF I like to drive to Fremont, ditch the car and get on the BART as soon as possible. If I had my way I'd Amtrak the whole thing actually, but certain parties are against that for some reason.

Years ago, I drove into SF and about had a nervous breakdown. Upon arrival, a couple seated next to us who lived in the bay area kind of chuckled at my story of frustration and said they never drive in the city. They took BART. Wish I would have known.

Driving in Philly wasn't that bad, but I had help from TomTom.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Years ago, I drove into SF and about had a nervous breakdown. Upon arrival, a couple seated next to us who lived in the bay area kind of chuckled at my story of frustration and said they never drive in the city. They took BART. Wish I would have known.

Driving in Philly wasn't that bad, but I had help from TomTom.

BART is pretty awesome. I used to drive a 3/4 ton farm truck in SF, that's probably why I'm so traffic averse now! Talk about your parking nightmares.

When someone leaves a company and sends a "thank you all" email which 75 people copy all on in their reply filling your inbox.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:When someone leaves a company and sends a "thank you all" email which 75 people copy all on in their reply filling your inbox.

Reply All is the devil. I use Blind CC to prevent that on most broadcast emails.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:When someone leaves a company and sends a "thank you all" email which 75 people copy all on in their reply filling your inbox.

Still 1000X better than a group text.

whatsapp

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2016, 06:45 AM by The Real Marty.)

Speaking of the NASCAR-style driving during rush hour, why are people in such a hurry to get to work?   That doesn't make any sense to me.   If you're tailgating people, changing lanes rapidly, driving way over the speed limit, you're just outing yourself as someone who is afraid of their boss yelling at them for being late.   You proud of that?   You proud of being a low level dweeb who's afraid of their boss?   You want to act like a big shot?   Then just tool along at the speed limit and get there when you get there.   They can wait. 

Quote:Speaking of the NASCAR-style driving during rush hour, why are people in such a hurry to get to work? That doesn't make any sense to me. If you're tailgating people, changing lanes rapidly, driving way over the speed limit, you're just outing yourself as someone who is afraid of their boss yelling at them for being late. You proud of that? You proud of being a low level dweeb who's afraid of their boss? You want to act like a big shot? Then just tool along at the speed limit and get there when you get there. They can wait.

Word.

(Takes hit off bowl, turns on Cartoon Network, asks mom what's for dinner as she gets ready for work.)

Quote:Speaking of the NASCAR-style driving during rush hour, why are people in such a hurry to get to work?   That doesn't make any sense to me.   If you're tailgating people, changing lanes rapidly, driving way over the speed limit, you're just outing yourself as someone who is afraid of their boss yelling at them for being late.   You proud of that?   You proud of being a low level dweeb who's afraid of their boss?   You want to act like a big shot?   Then just tool along at the speed limit and get there when you get there.   They can wait.

I'm driving like that because I can't wait to get to work and fire some slow in the left line drivers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Face swapping apps.  People are even posting this idiocy on reddit now.

It's.

Just.

So.

Stupid.

Quote:Face swapping apps.  People are even posting this idiocy on reddit now.

It's.

Just.

So.

Stupid.

Is that the one that looks like you're in a fun house mirror??
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Is that the one that looks like you're in a fun house mirror??

No.  It's an app used with photos that swaps faces of two people, or a person and dog, or of two dogs, or of a cat and a dog...you get the idea. The first time I saw it I thought it was mildly interesting and fairly creepy.  Now it's just stupid. 

Quote:Face swapping apps.  People are even posting this idiocy on reddit now.

It's.

Just.

So.

Stupid.
On a related note; I just got banned from /r/sports. Hurray me!

Quote:No.  It's an app used with photos that swaps faces of two people, or a person and dog, or of two dogs, or of a cat and a dog...you get the idea. The first time I saw it I thought it was mildly interesting and fairly creepy.  Now it's just stupid.

Ahh...that one sounds totally stupid too!!

Quote:No.  It's an app used with photos that swaps faces of two people, or a person and dog, or of two dogs, or of a cat and a dog...you get the idea. The first time I saw it I thought it was mildly interesting and fairly creepy.  Now it's just stupid. 

You're just mad at how natural your face looked on a dog's body.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:You're just mad at how natural your face looked on a dog's body.

Not that. Everyone keeps face swapping me with the wrong end of a horse. It's not funny anymore, people!

Quote:Not that. Everyone keeps face swapping me with the wrong end of a horse. It's not funny anymore, people!

Imagine how the horse feels.

Backsplash from a urinal..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Imagine how the horse feels.

Not happy. They say I make their butt look big.

What exactly are horse feels?
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!