Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:I'm in the middle lane of the interstate slowly reeling in the car in front because my cruise control is set a mile an hour or two faster than his. When I reach a reasonable distance behind, and the left lane is clear, I signal, mover over to pass...and he speeds up.

You probably scared him because you are texting and driving... :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm in the middle lane of the interstate slowly reeling in the car in front because my cruise control is set a mile an hour or two faster than his. When I reach a reasonable distance behind, and the left lane is clear, I signal, mover over to pass...and he speeds up.

You have to pass them at such a high speed that they lose interest in being annoying.

1010xl is like a cliche factory.

"...when all is said and done..."

"...back in the day..."  

It gets pretty tiresome after a while.  

Yeah.  So you are just hanging there, no longer gaining on him.   So you pull back into the right lane.   Then he slows down again.  

Quote:You probably scared him because you are texting and driving... :whistling:

You mean like I'm doing right n

Another thing I don't get is people's refusal to use a cruise control. I know they have one because they're driving a newer model vehicle in which about every one is equipped as standard. Yet they insist on yo-yoing their speed and causing an accordion effect on the line of traffic behind them. I don't mind slow drivers as long as they're consistent. It's the idiots who constantly vary their speed that aggravate me.

Are you kidding?  I love those idiots.  I match their speed, staying alongside until we catch up to the next car (hopefully slow-moving), neatly placing him in a box.  By this time a few more cars have caught up to me.  When they're bunched together like NASCAR, I hit the gas.  They follow and he's stuck there watching the whole parade go by.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I use cruise control a lot too because I drive way too fast when I don't.  I feel the same way homebiscuit.  The funny thing is when you're passing these people and "dropping back", they probably think YOU'RE the one whose speed is yo-yoing.

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:Are you kidding?  I love those idiots.  I match their speed, staying alongside until we catch up to the next car (hopefully slow-moving), neatly placing him in a box.  By this time a few more cars have caught up to me.  When they're bunched together like NASCAR, I hit the gas.  They follow and he's stuck there watching the whole parade go by.
Not gonna lie, I'm a repeat offender. I've done that on many occasions. I have even in the past started to wander into their lane. But I grew up a little and don't do that any more

...than once a week.

Quote:Another thing I don't get is people's refusal to use a cruise control. I know they have one because they're driving a newer model vehicle in which about every one is equipped as standard. Yet they insist on yo-yoing their speed and causing an accordion effect on the line of traffic behind them. I don't mind slow drivers as long as they're consistent. It's the idiots who constantly vary their speed that aggravate me.

Since we're on traffic.  I can't stand it when people take 5 miles to accelerate to their speed.  They end up going 80, but it takes them 5 minutes to get there.  Then there's people who like to constantly move at stop lights.  They park 5 car lengths behind the next car, just so they can drift ahead every few seconds and stop again.  Then this causes a chain reaction of unnecessary constant movement at the stop light that makes no sense.     

Quote:Since we're on traffic.  I can't stand it when people take 5 miles to accelerate to their speed.  They end up going 80, but it takes them 5 minutes to get there.  Then there's people who like to constantly move at stop lights.  They park 5 car lengths behind the next car, just so they can drift ahead every few seconds and stop again.  Then this causes a chain reaction of unnecessary constant movement at the stop light that makes no sense.     
The crawl helps the mileage Big Grin

HATE SLOW DRIVERS, waiting on a tuner for my truck to get here as we speak...hate USPS.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Itchy buttholes i think we can all agree are annoying.

Quote:Itchy buttholes i think we can all agree are annoying.

Drag your [BLEEP] on the carpet like I do..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Warsh that thang

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Jesus this thread took a turn I wasn't expecting, and right around dinner time too.

Nothing round or brown for me tonight.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Those television commercials that hijack your desired volume settings to peddle something you will never buy.

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Jesus this thread took a turn I wasn't expecting, and right around dinner time too.

Sausage,ice cream, hotdogs?

Nothing round or brown for me tonight.

Quote:I use cruise control a lot too because I drive way too fast when I don't.  I feel the same way homebiscuit.  The funny thing is when you're passing these people and "dropping back", they probably think YOU'RE the one whose speed is yo-yoing.

I use cruise control for the opposite reason: when I'm driving on some out of town trip, I tend to gradually slow down.   So I use cruise control to maintain a minimum speed. 

Quote:Those television commercials that hijack your desired volume settings to peddle something you will never buy.

Movies are that way too. I can barely hear the dialog but the music or explosions knock the photos off the wall.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Websites that take their sweet time to insert a graphic or a video into the article you're reading.  

I'm reading along, and bam! everything shifts, I lose my place, I get a headache.   The worst one is NFL.COM.    Whenever I click on that website or a link within that website, I have to make myself look out the window and count to 20.