Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:Websites that take their sweet time to insert a graphic or a video into the article you're reading.  

I'm reading along, and bam! everything shifts, I lose my place, I get a headache.   The worst one is NFL.COM.    Whenever I click on that website or a link within that website, I have to make myself look out the window
and count to 20.  

You get a window?!?!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Websites that take their sweet time to insert a graphic or a video into the article you're reading.  

I'm reading along, and bam! everything shifts, I lose my place, I get a headache.   The worst one is NFL.COM.    Whenever I click on that website or a link within that website, I have to make myself look out the window and count to 20.  

NFL.com is one of the worst websites on the internet (excluding the ones that are unusable because of ads).  It's so slow, I use it as a test to see how fast a browser is after installing a new one.  

Quote:You get a window?!?!

It has heavy iron bars in it, so...

Quote:NFL.com is one of the worst websites on the internet (excluding the ones that are unusable because of ads). It's so slow, I use it as a test to see how fast a browser is after installing a new one.

When I installed Uverse, I used it show the difference in speed between dsl and Uverse.
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2016, 01:55 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:It has heavy iron bars in it, so...

Yeah, but he gets a window! Why can't I have a window?!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Yeah, but he gets a window! Why can't I have a window?!
Because some are more equal than others. I even get a view with my window!

Territorial UK football 'soccer' fans..

Ok so, I support my birth town team (Swindon Town of the 3rd tier), but I also have a soft spot for my local team (Southampton of the Premier League).. I'm on a Swindon Town forum and for some reason my opinions are invalid due to the fact that I have a fondness for another team... people can be unreasonable sometimes..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Territorial UK football 'soccer' fans..

Ok so, I support my birth town team (Swindon Town of the 3rd tier), but I also have a soft spot for my local team (Southampton of the Premier League).. I'm on a Swindon Town forum and for some reason my opinions are invalid due to the fact that I have a fondness for another team... people can be unreasonable sometimes..

Soccer fans.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Soccer fans.
That's rich coming from a Star Wars fan.

Quote:Soccer fans.

Yeah exactly... seems like they love to go to all extremes to have an argument..

Yeah, try saying your a Jag fan as well as a fan of the Steelers or something? You'll be burned at the stake!

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:Yeah, try saying your a Jag fan as well as a fan of the Steelers or something? You'll be burned at the stake!

The difference being, the team I support and the team I have a fondness for are in two totally different leagues and are unlikely to become rivals.. It's the closest thing to supporting an NFL team and a College team that I can think of..

I would be the same in fairness. One of my friends supports wolves and arsenal. Our group renders his opinion on anything football irrelevant because of this.

Quote:I would be the same in fairness. One of my friends supports wolves and arsenal. Our group renders his opinion on anything football irrelevant because of this.

I'd understand if I was putting myself across as a 'die hard' fan for Southampton, but it's merely a fondness (my 5 year old son supports them and I have a friend who plays for the first team).

Quote:I'd understand if I was putting myself across as a 'die hard' fan for Southampton, but it's merely a fondness (my 5 year old son supports them and I have a friend who plays for the first team).

Unfortunately its just the way it is if you mention another team at all. Modern day tribalism,they take it as a slight I'd say.

Having modifiers or admins with an agenda.  I love watching the Jacksonville Jaguars and coming onto the message board to talk about them, but I don't like being giving a warning point for something rather lame...

In my opinion its almost an abuse of power.  What it ultimately does it turn fans away from their favorite team.  If I'm told I've been warned for putting a symbol in place of cussing, really?  That is what the mods are spending their time on harassing fans about symbols on a message board?

Or typing political stuff in a different grouping is an immediate ban for 24 hours? 

It really has me shaking my head.  Are the mods even paid or simply fans that volunteer?  I assume the admins are paid.  I feel like writing a letter to the owner about it.  I mean its kind of lame thing to complain about, a warning point... but so is giving a person a warning point in the first place.  I mean I can understand if I was bullying or threatening another person on the message board... or saying something that was extremely racist & vulgar .. but really putting a political topic in a different thread & using symbols... lame.

Quote:Having modifiers or admins with an agenda.

Modifiers?

Moderators I meant.

Quote:Moderators I meant.
Thank god I'm not one of those.

Quote:That's rich coming from a Star Wars fan.

[Image: Soccer-Flop-Motivational.gif]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato