Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:Cross't

Alls

Oh dear. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Standing at the counter of a store. Ready to pay or ask a question. Phone rings. Caller gets priority.
Blakes Life Matters

The non-stop coverage of a rain storm.

Chick was just at the Julington Creek Marina talking about the wind, rain, and crashing waves. The whole place was calm. I laffed. Hard.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:The non-stop coverage of a rain storm.

Chick was just at the Julington Creek Marina talking about the wind, rain, and crashing waves. The whole place was calm. I laffed. Hard.

You should see it here when it rains. Or just when we have clouds for that matter.

Quote:The non-stop coverage of a rain storm.

But, but...it was a News4Jax Weather Alert Day

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

So...was there some kind of weather thing going on yesterday? I hadn't noticed.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:So...was there some kind of weather thing going on yesterday? I hadn't noticed.

Clear and sunny here in England... :yes:

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Loyalty programs.  I don't want to carry around some extra card in my wallet, or extra piece of plastic on my keychain.  I have a novel idea, why not just give me lower prices instead of making me sign up for some damn loyalty program so you can pummel me with emails.

Quote:Loyalty programs.  I don't want to carry around some extra card in my wallet, or extra piece of plastic on my keychain.  I have a novel idea, why not just give me lower prices instead of making me sign up for some damn loyalty program so you can pummel me with emails.

It's not about just about advertising, it's about Big Data. They use the cards to track your spending habits and then they can turn around and sell your information to the highest bidder.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:It's not about just about advertising, it's about Big Data. They use the cards to track your spending habits and then they can turn around and sell your information to the highest bidder.

I've been working in IT for 40+ years....

Quote:I've been working in IT for 40+ years....

So why does your business model annoy you?

PS - I'm glad we finally figured out the Rico is to blame!

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Loyalty programs.  I don't want to carry around some extra card in my wallet, or extra piece of plastic on my keychain.  I have a novel idea, why not just give me lower prices instead of making me sign up for some damn loyalty program so you can pummel me with emails

Resistance is futile.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Hayfever

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

People in general. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:People in general.

People = [BLEEP]

~Slipknot
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Rotten pistachios.

I think I get disappointed with the unrealized potential of the whole thing. That rotten pistachio could have been a delicious morsel of goodness on my tongue. But the very look of it tells me it will taste like a burnt turd.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Rotten pistachios.

I think I get disappointed with the unrealized potential of the whole thing. That rotten pistachio could have been a delicious morsel of goodness on my tongue. But the very look of it tells me it will taste like a burnt turd.

Why are you familiar with what a burnt turd tastes like?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Rotten pistachios.

what brand?

Quote:Why are you familiar with what a burnt turd tastes like?

Never play truth or dare while drinking heavily.

Yo. 'sup SF?