Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:People in high zones who surround the boarding area even before they start boarding.

Quote:This ^.  Ugh.  I despise these oblivious morons. 

Battling through a barricade of 40 airport-zombies between me and the jetway is always annoying.  

I've actually started to just plow through them sometimes calling out ahead "if you aren't priority or zone one step aside for boarding passengers"

I was just about to ask what a "high zone" was haha. Thought I was missing out

Am I the only one that wants to get on the plane very last?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How about those that can't figure out that "merge" is an instruction to join a new flow of traffic that usually involves speeding up or slowing down while finding your entrance into a new lane. 

Not just gliding to the end of the merge area and then cutting someone off.

Yeah, those drivers too.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I was just about to ask what a "high zone" was haha. Thought I was missing out

I would like to get on a plane last but then that presents the problem of finding space in the overhead next to the steamer trunks that people use as carry-ons anymore.

I was upgraded once to a priority zone in a nice aisle seat with plenty of legroom next to the bulkhead. Then I had to endure every carry-on and wide butt on the plane rubbing against my shoulder for the next 10 minutes while everyone else boarded.

How all the people who were experts on gorillas a couple weeks ago are now experts on gun violence and the LGBT community.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:How all the people who were experts on gorillas a couple weeks ago are now experts on gun violence and the LGBT community.
Google?

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I was just about to ask what a "high zone" was haha. Thought I was missing out

The airlines have created a fear tactic that there won't be space for your carry on, so people think that somehow crowding the jetway will increase your chances to store your bag. Not the case. If you are in a high zone, you are screwed. Just another way for airlines to get more money out of you making you pay for priority boarding.

Quote:The airlines have created a fear tactic that there won't be space for your carry on, so people think that somehow crowding the jetway will increase your chances to store your bag. Not the case. If you are in a high zone, you are screwed. Just another way for airlines to get more money out of you making you pay for priority boarding.

...or just let them gate-check the bag for free.  

Part of the problem is people refuse to put carry-ons under the seats in front of them.  

I always slide my laptop bag under the seat in front of me...and I'm 6'5" and need room to stretch my feet.  I do it anyway to be courteous.  But I am definitely in the minority.

I could name a hundred pet peeves from travelling as I did it for a living for 15+ years (thank goodness it's been 3 years since I got out of that racket).  The vast majority just come people being stupid or just flat out rude/discourteous. 

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:  

I was just about to ask what a "high zone" was haha. Thought I was missing out

No, I calmly wait until there's no line at the gate, then walk on.

Quote:Then I had to endure every carry-on and wide butt on the plane rubbing against my shoulder for the next 10 minutes while everyone else boarded.

So I don't have to deal with this. 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2016, 09:03 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:...or just let them gate-check the bag for free.  

Part of the problem is people refuse to put carry-ons under the seats in front of them.  

I always slide my laptop bag under the seat in front of me...and I'm 6'5" and need room to stretch my feet.  I do it anyway to be courteous.  But I am definitely in the minority.

I could name a hundred pet peeves from travelling as I did it for a living for 15+ years (thank goodness it's been 3 years since I got out of that racket).  The vast majority just come people being stupid or just flat out rude/discourteous. 

Yes, you can do that, but it completely defeats the purpose of a carry-on. People who would never have carried one before are now doing so to avoid the $25 checked bag fee.

I was a road warrior at one point in my career and it got old fast, but there is always overhead space when you have airline status, lol

Not quite as tall as you, but 6'3", so I feel the same pain. They should remove the decline function from all seats.

Quote:Yes, you can do that, but it completely defeats the purpose of a carry-on. People who would never have carried one before are now doing so to avoid the $25 checked bag fee.

I was a road warrior at one point in my career and it got old fast, but there is always overhead space when you have airline status, lol

Not quite as tall as you, but 6'3", so I feel the same pain. They should remove the decline function from all seats.

This was the one positive.  I got bumped up to platinum status on Delta so fast that I was almost always in first class.  Hell, I just sent (sending) my wife up to PA for free on Thursday on the very last of my mileage.

Quote:This was the one positive.  I got bumped up to platinum status on Delta so fast that I was almost always in first class.  Hell, I just sent (sending) my wife up to PA for free on Thursday on the very last of my mileage.

It got to a point where I would get mad if I didn't get upgraded. Status creates a false sense of entitlement, lol.

Quote:It got to a point where I would get mad if I didn't get upgraded. Status creates a false sense of entitlement, lol.

Yeah, now when I fly I have to sit back with 'the common folk'.

Hell, with these new upgrade policies I can't even choose a bulkhead or an exit row like I used to, without an extra charge.  Sucks.  At least now when I fly, it's only on vacations.

Quote:Yeah, now when I fly I have to sit back with 'the common folk'.

Hell, with these new upgrade policies I can't even choose a bulkhead or an exit row like I used to, without an extra charge.  Sucks.  At least now when I fly, it's only on vacations.

Yeah, your attitude changes when your destination is pleasure and not client site.

Quote:Hummus with onions.  What are they thinking?

Yeah, why ruin something which is perfect as it is?!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:It got to a point where I would get mad if I didn't get upgraded. Status creates a false sense of entitlement, lol.
No kidding.  I scowl at the folks that actually paid for those 1st class seats and I have to ride in business class.  lol

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:No kidding.  I scowl at the folks that actually paid for those 1st class seats and I have to ride in business classa.  lol

It's funny because when you are boarding, you are secretly trying to determine how each person arrived in their seat. You are looking for the guy who got cancelled the previous day and got upgraded to 1st class because they felt sorry for him, lol

I've never been on a flight that didn't have space for all the carry-ons. I do have a severe loathing to those people whose carry-on is basically a full sized suitcase, god those things suck. 

Quote:I've never been on a flight that didn't have space for all the carry-ons. I do have a severe loathing to those people whose carry-on is basically a full sized suitcase, god those things suck. 

Really? Every flight I am on, zone 3 and 4 basically have to check their bags.

The size of carry-on's is getting out of hand to be honest. Baggage fees have led to this unfortunately. 

Quote:Really? Every flight I am on, zone 3 and 4 basically have to check their bags.

The size of carry-on's is getting out of hand to be honest. Baggage fees have led to this unfortunately. 
Most of my flights are Europe to US so the bagage is included in the ticket anyway. That may be why people don't care about the carry on so much.

Quote:Most of my flights are Europe to US so the bagage is included in the ticket anyway. That may be why people don't care about the carry on so much.

Oh ok. Well, the storage on international flights is pretty much unlimited. Referring more to domestic flights and even connector planes with 4 seats per row.