Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:*doesn't look up from the screen*

YES! Now let's go!
To which she responds, "You're just saying that" and changes..............................again.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Does she look good?

It's not just my wife, it's my daughters too. They appear, then disappear back into the bedroom. Then reappear,  do some unknown thing in their purse, then disappear again.  We get outside, they have to go back inside for something. Or, as is the frustrating habit of my wife, she has to get inside of her car for something.  Sometimes that is followed up by another visit back into the house. And to top it all off, every one of them is prone to leave the front door WIDE open in 100 degree heat while they walk around the house looking/doing whatever it is they do.  *SIGH*

Quote:It's not just my wife, it's my daughters too. They appear, then disappear back into the bedroom. Then reappear,  do some unknown thing in their purse, then disappear again.  We get outside, they have to go back inside for something. Or, as is the frustrating habit of my wife, she has to get inside of her car for something.  Sometimes that is followed up by another visit back into the house. And to top it all off, every one of them is prone to leave the front door WIDE open in 100 degree heat while they walk around the house looking/doing whatever it is they do.  *SIGH*

Start lying about the actual time you have to be somewhere...lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Start lying about the actual time you have to be somewhere...lol

I never tell them what time we need to be there, I tell them what time we need to leave.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I never tell them what time we need to be there, I tell them what time we need to leave.
Do they listen?

Quote:How difficult it is to get women ready and out the door when we have to go somewhere.

My friend has a phrase when his wife says she's 'ready to leave'.

He'll ask if she's 'girl ready' or 'guy ready'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:My friend has a phrase when his wife says she's 'ready to leave'.

He'll ask if she's 'girl ready' or 'guy ready'.

If we have to be there at 7:30 - I just tell her 7:15.   Then we at least make it by 7:45  :teehee:

Quote:Adam and Eve or Fantasy Lane?
Clearly you are not an adult yet. SMH...Home Depot or Lowes is the correct response.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

COMCAST!

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:COMCAST!

Non-trivial. 

Waiting for women to get out of the car once we reach our destination.

Quote:Waiting for women to get out of the car once we reach our destination.

I'd like to add, waiting on a woman to get in the car in order to get to said destination.

Quote:I'd like to add, waiting on a woman to get in the car in order to get to said destination.

I addressed that on the previous page.

Quote:I addressed that on the previous page.
My apologies. I didn't see that.

But to expand on the getting out of the car, it'd be nice if my wife got out and shut her door before I walked too far away for the key fob to lock it.

Quote:It's not just my wife, it's my daughters too. They appear, then disappear back into the bedroom. Then reappear, do some unknown thing in their purse, then disappear again. We get outside, they have to go back inside for something. Or, as is the frustrating habit of my wife, she has to get inside of her car for something. Sometimes that is followed up by another visit back into the house. And to top it all off, every one of them is prone to leave the front door WIDE open in 100 degree heat while they walk around the house looking/doing whatever it is they do. *SIGH*

I'm dying right now. That is my wife to a T. I sit in the chair, don't grab my keys or anything until she says ok I'm ready. Then I grab everything I need, which is on the table next to me, and still don't get up for at least 5 more mins while she does all of the above.
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

That worked exactly twice....
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

Now that I've caught myself up with the thread, I must admit, I do this quite often.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2016, 07:55 AM by RicoTx.)

I've been harping on my wife for 6+ months that I want to get the hell out of that house/neighborhood.

I get a text this morning, 'Do you want to list the house?'. Really? And I'm the one that 'never listens'?  Not to mention, we just put in an offer on a house.  Sheesh.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Old people who still write out checks ahead of you at the grocery store.. You've been writing checks for 300 [BLEEP] years now.. You'd think they'd be a little quicker at it by now..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Old people who still write out checks ahead of you at the grocery store.. You've been writing checks for 300 [BAD WORD REMOVED] years now.. You'd think they'd be a little quicker at it by now..

And it always seems like it's a surprise to them...like "oh crap...I have to pay for this stuff!!"
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???