Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Parents who allow their kids to come into stores or restaurants on their Razor scooters.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pretty bummed out at work right now..

So much pressure, I can't even begin to describe.

No support by my 'superiors' - My peers are having the same issue.

Seriously, September 9th cannot come quickly enough... my 5 weeks annual leave starts then!

Followed by my flight to Florida on 19th!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

What really annoys me is that, no matter what I do- work out and get fit, get a nicer car, wear better clothes, change my haircut, grow a beard, shave off my beard- no matter what I do, when I look in the mirror I see the same ugly idiotic looking doofus that has always been there.  

People who schedule meetings at 4:00 pm on Fridays.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Pass this on to any slow left lane drivers you may know.

Quote:Pass this on to any slow left lane drivers you may know.
I've seen them putting the fine amount on the DOT billboards around town. Too bad it's not enforced here.

2 lane interstates are the most frustrating thing ever.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:Pass this on to any slow left lane drivers you may know.
Once again; the European way > the American way.

Is driving in the left lane at 10 mph less than other traffic considered "slow" if it's at the legal maximum speed limit?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:What really annoys me is that, no matter what I do- work out and get fit, get a nicer car, wear better clothes, change my haircut, grow a beard, shave off my beard- no matter what I do, when I look in the mirror I see the same ugly idiotic looking doofus that has always been there.  

Get rid of the mirror.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Is driving in the left lane at 10 mph less than other traffic considered "slow" if it's at the legal maximum speed limit?

Yes. If you only want to do the speed limit, then get in the right lane.

Are drivers violating the law when they drive faster than the speed limit? Yes.

Is it acceptable, up to a limit, to law enforcement? Yes.

Is driving in the left lane at the speed limit while the prevailing traffic speed is moving faster a dangerous and petty demonstration of self-righteousness? Yes.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2016, 09:10 PM by rollerjag.)

While I agree that drivers in the left lane going at the rate of traffic or slower are annoying and dangerous, and there should be left lane pass/turn only laws, the video makes a point with which I disagree. Faster drivers are not forced to weave in and out of traffic, they are only forced to drive slower.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

The statute in Florida is slower traffic keep right. Slower is not the same thing as slow.

Slow is arbitrary and left to personal opinion, however slower is definitive.

This means even if you are doing 105mph that if someone is going 110mph you should pull right and let them pass.

If people would just obey this law, it would end all non rush hour traffic. Instead, people want to be speed vigilantes and back up three lanes of traffic.

Get mistaken for having a strong Northern Irish accent even though I have lived down south all my life.

Quote:Get mistaken for having a strong Northern Irish accent even though I have lived down south all my life.

Just throw an occasional "ya'll" in there and it'll never happen again. I do it to keep people from mistaking me for Northeastern aristocracy. 

Quote:Get mistaken for having a strong Northern Irish accent even though I have lived down south all my life.

I couldn't understand either. Craic?

Quote:Just throw an occasional "ya'll" in there and it'll never happen again. I do it to keep people from mistaking me for Northeastern aristocracy.

My southern drawl attempts always end up sounding like a gay pirate.

Quote:While I agree that drivers in the left lane going at the rate of traffic or slower are annoying and dangerous, and there should be left lane pass/turn only laws, the video makes a point with which I disagree. Faster drivers are not forced to weave in and out of traffic, they are only forced to drive slower.
You make a valid point RJ that I am not forced to weave in and out; however at what point does a Left Lane Lizard (my term for a jerk in the left lane than can move right but chooses not to) become a self righteous hazard?  If there is enough for me to pass on the right then there is plenty of room for the turtle to do the same.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:My southern drawl attempts always end up sounding like a gay pirate.
Well you got that going for you.   :teehee:

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I couldn't understand either. Craic?

Craic lad? Quer lot of craic. Got the feek off my beor tonight so I'm happy as larry

Quote:Craic lad? Quer lot of craic. Got the feek off my beor tonight so I'm happy as larry

Haha yep, that sounds about right.