Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:When your back goes out just because you bent over to turn on a fan. Muscle relaxers, pain meds, heat and cold packs, and time on my couch are how I will spend my day(s) until this passes.

I'll probably be having 2-3 procedures done this winter. I can barely lean over to pick up something off the coffee table at the moment.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'll probably be having 2-3 procedures done this winter. I can barely lean over to pick up something off the coffee table at the moment.

Higher coffee tables. You're welcome.

Seriously, back pain is the worse. I've only suffered bad strains but no damage. I work with guys who have fused vertebrae, pins, etc. It's painful just to watch them sometimes. I hope your procedures help.   

Quote:Higher coffee tables. You're welcome.

Seriously, back pain is the worse. I've only suffered bad strains but no damage. I work with guys who have fused vertebrae, pins, etc. It's painful just to watch them sometimes. I hope your procedures help.

Thank HB. My pops has had three fusion surgeries so far along with the rod - seeing him that definitely makes me a little more careful these days. Thankfully, my issues aren't nearly as serious and don't actually have to do with my spine itself.

Quote:I'll probably be having 2-3 procedures done this winter. I can barely lean over to pick up something off the coffee table at the moment.

Sorry to hear that man. I've had two surgeries fourteen months apart in the last two years. I'm trying to avoid anymore for a good while.

You know it's bad around here when the political forum is more cheerful than the Jags game day forum.

Quote:You know it's bad around here when the political forum is more cheerful than the Jags game day forum.

#truth
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:You know it's bad around here when the political forum is more cheerful than the Jags game day forum.

What's even worse is when two sorry candidates display more competition than a professional football team.

Quote:What's even worse is when two sorry candidates display more competition than a professional football team.

That's because in an election only the winner gets ice cream.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:When your back goes out just because you bent over to turn on a fan. Muscle relaxers, pain meds, heat and cold packs, and time on my couch are how I will spend my day(s) until this passes.

What is he a fan of?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

The fact that the vast majority of future generations will never know music without 15 second ads before songs. Dropping a needle and just enjoying music is an old man's game apparently.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:What is he a fan of?

You have a dirty mind! Lol.

Quote:The fact that the vast majority of future generations will never know music without 15 second ads before songs. Dropping a needle and just enjoying music is an old man's game apparently.

Dropping a needle 100% is.

Quote:Dropping a needle 100% is.

Depends what's in the needle.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Depends what's in the needle.

Touchè

Quote:Dropping a needle 100% is.

Poor choice of words. A buddy of mine teaches college in Tallahassee. We talk about things like this from time to time and a couple years ago he asked his classes. Out of the hundreds of college students, not one had even purchased a CD. The point I was trying to make was almost nobody listens to a whole album anymore. There are just songs people download and often hit /skip/ on halfway through or Pandora with ads. I grew up at an age where you had to touch some medium to get the music. Music lovers seemed more invested. Okay.. I've officially outed myself as a dinosaur. I'll stop.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Dropping a needle and just enjoying music is an old man's game apparently.

I prefer to think of it as middle-aged if you don't mind.  I still have a turntable (stuffed into a closet somewhere), but I haven't used it since Reagan was President.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:I prefer to think of it as middle-aged if you don't mind.  I still have a turntable (stuffed into a closet somewhere), but I haven't used it since Reagan was President.

At least you said Reagan was President and NOT Reagan was an actor.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:At least you said Reagan was President and NOT Reagan was an actor.

Hey man...he'd have had some totally groovy music man! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:What is he a fan of?

Okay, I had to laugh at this. I had no idea americus was so accommodating.   Wink

Quote:Poor choice of words. A buddy of mine teaches college in Tallahassee. We talk about things like this from time to time and a couple years ago he asked his classes. Out of the hundreds of college students, not one had even purchased a CD. The point I was trying to make was almost nobody listens to a whole album anymore. There are just songs people download and often hit /skip/ on halfway through or Pandora with ads. I grew up at an age where you had to touch some medium to get the music. Music lovers seemed more invested. Okay.. I've officially outed myself as a dinosaur. I'll stop.

I was just ribbing you a bit, no worries.

I was telling my son a few days ago that when I was his age instead of playing online video games, my friends and I would get together and spend hours making mix CDs of our favorite bands, and top 50 album lists.

It's funny because he's at an age where music is so important and he views me as somewhat aloof about music.

Also, can you even purchase a CD anymore? I guess maybe Best Buy carries them or something right?