Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:People who drive with those rediculous led light bars on their truck or keep. Drove by one tonight who didn't even have headlights on, just his [BAD WORD REMOVED] led bar in his front grill.
Yeah, if I was a cop I would ticket everyone I saw with them. 

I've got "illegal" headlights but, they're focused in a beam. Never get flashed. The LED bars just spread light everywhere, blinding everyone.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When someone tells you they are free any time within a two hour window and you send a meeting invite which they respond with a request for a new time within the same window.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I was just ribbing you a bit, no worries.

I was telling my son a few days ago that when I was his age instead of playing online video games, my friends and I would get together and spend hours making mix CDs of our favorite bands, and top 50 album lists.

It's funny because he's at an age where music is so important and he views me as somewhat aloof about music.

Also, can you even purchase a CD anymore? I guess maybe Best Buy carries them or something right?

Yes, Best Buy has some. I order mine through Amazon. I'm one that still likes the packaging. Oddly enough, Amazon let's you download an album after purchasing it so you can listen to it while it's being shipped. I never do, though. MP3 is a significant audio downgrade from CD. Much like CD is an audio downgrade from vinyl.

Quote:Much like CD is an audio downgrade from vinyl.
Now that's just plain claptrap.

Quote:Now that's just plain claptrap.

I don't know what claptrap means, but what I said is absolutely true, and zero doubt exists about the matter.

Quote:I don't know what claptrap means, but what I said is absolutely true, and zero doubt exists about the matter.

Sounds like something you'd need an ointment to get rid of.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2016, 04:26 AM by WingerDinger.)

Quote:Sounds like something you'd need an ointment to get rid of.

My girl is stayed home today, her claptraps actin up
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Sounds like something you'd need an ointment to get rid of.

Actually sounds more like the name of the ointment.

idk if it's trivial or not, but losing football games annoy the hell out of me.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I don't know what claptrap means, but what I said is absolutely true, and zero doubt exists about the matter.
Your subjective experience might be more enjoyable but in every objective audio measurement CD has far greater quality than vinyl. 

Quote:Actually sounds more like the name of the ointment.

Very true.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

crabs :blink: :ermm:

Have you seen my baseball?

Clickbait titles. 

Quote:crabs :blink: :ermm:
I don't like seafood either. 

Gonnosyphiclap

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:idk if it's trivial or not, but losing football games annoy the hell out of me.

Losing doesn't bother me nearly as much as not even showing up.

Quote:Losing doesn't bother me nearly as much as not even showing up.
What he said!

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Your subjective experience might be more enjoyable but in every objective audio measurement CD has far greater quality than vinyl.

I'm not sure what measurements you're talking about. Perhaps you can provide a link. But one objective certainty is that CD audio remains a pulse code modulated sample of an analog signal, while vinyl remains an exact copy of an analog signal. Take the same exact offering from any artist, apply the audio output from both the CD and the record at the same amplitude into an audio spectrum analyzer, and the results will be apparent, and it gets no more objective than that.

Perhaps in your view of this subject, you are including longevity, and if so, you're right, CD will eventually win out. That's because vinyl is subject to wear, and the frequency advantage vinyl initially enjoyed degrades during each play due to physical contact with the needle.

The guy I saw on the evening commute driving a Miata convertible with a tow hitch and lawn equipment in a long trailer.

Quote:The guy I saw on the evening commute driving a Miata convertible with a tow hitch and lawn equipment in a long trailer.

Did he have a flannel shirt tied around his shoulders?