Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

The number of idiotic thread in the Jaguars forum currently.  And my lack of self control for clicking on them anyway:/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Posters who say they aren't going to post in a thread anymore or watch the Jags play anymore and then end up posting again in the same thread or watching the Jags play again.

So basically LIARS.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I got a robocall at 4 AM this morning, supposedly from the JSO, about some missing 79 year old black woman. 

4 AM !!!

Seriously, am I supposed to get out of bed at 4AM, get a flashlight, and go out on the street looking for some elderly black woman?   There aren't even any black people in my neighborhood.  None. Zero.  

Quote:I got a robocall at 4 AM this morning, supposedly from the JSO, about some missing 79 year old black woman. 

4 AM !!!

Seriously, am I supposed to get out of bed at 4AM, get a flashlight, and go out on the street looking for some elderly black woman?   There aren't even any black people in my neighborhood.  None. Zero.

At least she'd be easy to spot if she was in your area.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2016, 02:14 PM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:At least she'd be easy to spot if she was in your area.

Oh, that was bad, sorry, I delete this comment.   Kind of racist. 

Trump did it.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:I got a robocall at 4 AM this morning, supposedly from the JSO, about some missing 79 year old black woman. 

next time you get a robocall, send out the Robocop

[Image: robocop-1987-02.jpg]

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

This isn't trivial but it is annoying. When you're looking for employment in a new field and no one wants to hire you because you have no experience in that particular field. It matters not that you went to school for a year and will be sitting for your state exams soon. No experience, no hire. And in general people do not want to hire someone in their 40s which is ridiculous on it's own but especially if you have the education necessary to do the job.

My husband has two Bachelor's degrees, one in business admin and one in architecture. When he graduated and couldn't get a job in either of these fields he went to work for local government at a wastewater plant as an operator which he had to get different levels of certification after he was hired to do the job. And at the time they hired no one without a college degree and were selective (i.e. no job hoppers, couldn't have a criminal record, bad driving record, etc.) Now they will hire anyone with little to no experience and no degree necessary. I cannot work there because he does.

Man, back in the day you could walk into a place and get hired. This was back in the 80's and early to mid-90's though. It's frustrating. I'm fine with being a stay at home wife because I keep plenty busy but that doesn't help pay off my surgery and the PT visits I had to go through at $60 a visit. And I had two necessary surgeries between Feb 2015 and April 2016. Even the local retail stores aren't hiring temp help for the holidays like they have in the 5 years I've been here. 

Okay, rant over. 

Dealing with self-important windbags at work who are impressing no-one but themselves.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Eating in the car..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

The head coach's positive comments after yet another Jags loss.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Dirty socks
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Sideline reporters at football games.

Completely pointless.

Quote:Sideline reporters at football games.

Completely pointless.

The ones that pounce on the losing coach as he goes to the locker room at halftime to ask him how he feels about losing? There might be someone on the planet that doesn't know how the coach is feeling at that moment, so it's totally useful! Or not! Lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Sideline reporters at football games.

Completely pointless.
YES! Completely agree!

During the Packers game they went down to Pam "we haven't found someone younger and prettier yet" Oliver to talk about how hot it was. Really? It's hot at 2PM, in September, in Florida? I WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSED!

Quote:The ones that pounce on the losing coach as he goes to the locker room at halftime to ask him how he feels about losing? There might be someone on the planet that doesn't know how the coach is feeling at that moment, so it's totally useful! Or not! Lol

"Hey, coach, you're down 35-0 at the half.  What do you have to do in the second half to get back in this game?"

"We have to play better." 

"Are you going to make any adjustments?"

"Probably, we have to get in the locker room and maybe make some of those.  We'll take a look." 

"Thanks, coach."  

Colleagues unable to send a meeting invitation correctly so I end up with four invitations to the same meeting.

Quote:Colleagues unable to send a meeting invitation correctly so I end up with four invitations to the same meeting.

Did this happen to be a meeting that everyone else 'accidentally' forgot to attend?

Quote:Did this happen to be a meeting that everyone else 'accidentally' forgot to attend?

No, but I do see a correlation between people who do this and people whose meetings tend to draaaaaaagggggggg on.

Seeing myself in a mirror or on camera.   Wow.   I am one of the butt-ugliest people I've ever seen.