Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Among the Democrats who do you want?
Hilary Clinton
Jim Webb
Lincoln Chafee
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Other like Biden for example?
[Show Results]

Who would you vote for today?

So taxes are robbing then?  Guess all politicians are by definition thieves.  Or is it okay to take money from people who are working and struggling?  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

ohhhh so because I get wealthy I've been doing the robbing

smh

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 03:21 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:So taxes are robbing then?  Guess all politicians are by definition thieves.  Or is it okay to take money from people who are working and struggling?  

I don't like taxes, but they are a necessary evil and a scarce-resource society. It is basically the rent you pay for living within the United States. I don't mind paying taxes because I live within the US. However, I do mind paying taxes that go beyond protection and infrastructure. I don't believe I should be paying taxes, especially high taxes, because someone wants "free" college, "free" healthcare, or "free" housing.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 03:23 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:I don't like taxes, but they are a necessary evil and a scarce-resource society. It is basically the rent you pay for living in the United States. I don't mind paying taxes because I live within the US. However, I do mind paying taxes that go beyond protection and infrastructure. I don't believe I should be paying taxes, especially high taxes, because someone wants "free" college, "free" healthcare, or "free" housing.

I don't like taxes either.  I'd much rather my taxes go toward college tuition, education, and single payer healthcare than all the money we spend on going to war in the middle east, foreign aid, subsidies for the largest corporations, tax breaks for the wealthiest 1%, and corporate welfare.  But that's just me.

Quote:ohhhh so because I get wealthy I've been doing the robbing

smh
That's an over simplification view on what I said. Based on you calling a person you disagree with evil, I am not surprised at all. 

Again, when can we expect your analysis of all candidates level of evil? 

Quote:I don't like taxes either.  I'd much rather my taxes go toward college tuition, education, and single payer healthcare than all the money we spend on going to war in the middle east, foreign aid, subsidies for the largest corporations, tax breaks for the wealthiest 1%, and corporate welfare.  But that's just me.
You are evil incarnate. 

Quote:You are evil incarnate. 

Cool.  Do we get badges?  Or maybe some kind of evil nickname.  I call "The Valeyard!"

anyone who wants to steal from someone else to give to someone else who isn't/won't put for the effort makes that person evil.

you're just going to have to deal with it

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 03:33 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Then all politicians are evil, because none of them want to do away with taxation completely.  At least by your definition.

Quote:I don't like taxes either.  I'd much rather my taxes go toward college tuition, education, and single payer healthcare than all the money we spend on going to war in the middle east, foreign aid, subsidies for the largest corporations, tax breaks for the wealthiest 1%, and corporate welfare.  But that's just me.

[Image: 59172129.jpg]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 03:34 PM by rocdee.)

there's nothing wrong with taxes (though reform needs to happen), it's the *kind* of taxes and the motives behind it which make Sanders evil. But I suspect that you're pretending not to know what I'm talking about

Quote:anyone who wants to steal from someone else to give to someone else who isn't/won't put for the effort makes that person evil.

lol ... looks like you are the one who is going to have to deal with it - cause we're not going back to the 1880s.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

you've got too much money, let me take some of it

yeah, that sounds fair ^^^

who is Sanders to tell anyone that they have enough?

Quote:anyone who wants to steal from someone else to give to someone else who isn't/won't put for the effort makes that person evil.

Ah so you don't want to answer questions. Color me shocked.

not unless you answer my question first:

what do you call a man who wants to take money from people that he deems "too wealthy" and give it to people who don't/won't work hard enough?

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 03:42 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

A CEO?

A Kardashian?

Quote:not unless you answer my question first:

what do you call a man who wants to take money from people that he deems "too wealthy" and give it to people who don't/won't work hard enough?
I did. I know I did not try to distill a complex idea down to a single word as you did. That's on you if you chose to ignore my answer since I didn't dumb it down. 

Quote:A CEO?

A Kardashian?
Trump?

Fiorina?

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 03:53 PM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:you've got too much money, let me take some of it

yeah, that sounds fair ^^^

who is Sanders to tell anyone that they have enough?

When the top .1% (one tenth of one percent) have more wealth than the bottom 90%, you have to admit, that's something to think about.   Even though I'm not sure I'd want to do anything about it.   

When Sanders says, "How can we have justice when so few have so much and so many have so little..." that's a heck of a good line.  

I think the more fortunate people among us would be wise to remember we live in a democracy, and we could get to a point where a majority decides it's time to redistribute the wealth.   And at that point there's nothing anyone can do to protect themselves from the mob.  

I guess what I'm saying is, a little wealth redistribution can go a long way towards wealth preservation.  

For gosh sakes, sometimes you have to give the more unfortunate a few crumbs to keep them from taking up their pitchforks and coming after us.  

No we don't live in a democracy