Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Does Gus Bradley Do A Good Enough Job Of Holding Players Accountable?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Accountability

Quote:It's an easy word to scream, but more difficult to accomplish.

Nah, they could just have a skid of bankers boxes next to the Gatorade cooler. You screw up, grab a box and get to steppin'.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well since they deleted my thread, I'll just post it here.

I found super secret practice video of the Jags:

[Image: NNLfNJa.gif]

Quote:Well since they deleted my thread, I'll just post it here.

I found super secret practice video of the Jags:

[Image: NNLfNJa.gif]

Classic.  The last part is how it feels to be a Jaguars fan.

One of these years.............

Gus will have a big chart listing all the players, assistant coaches and himself, and each time a mistake is made they get a  "X" after 3 "X"s behind your name, you get no ice cream with sprinklers after 3 "X"s

If they lose... Leave 'em in London

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Well we did bench Brown last week
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Well we did bench Brown last week

Which didn't make any sense, Brown and House have been the best members in our secondary this year, and Gus benches him for Josh Evans? [BLEEP]?

Don't change anything. Second win in December 2016.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015, 04:09 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

My main issue is that, with the mistakes being made and a lack of good depth, if any starter gets benched what will get better?  

There are only a few OK positions on this roster that will withstand a backup filling in.  Everyone screams for heads to roll, but until we sign/draft competition the players will know they're the best option.

My solutions since changes need to be made are

1) Feet in behind of players not performing EVERY day of practice, All practice, especially on gamedays.

2) Look long and hard for replacements EVERYWHERE at all positions of  need.

3) Have a daily full staff meeting reviewing game errors(coaches & players), corrections, practice film for growth in those areas, and then review each coaches suggestions on new ideas based on their own personnel review.

:thumbsup:

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:Frankly, I'm just as guilty as most of us on the board in screaming for accountability.  I got to thinking, what could actually be done make the players and coaches accountable?

It seems to be a buzz word...oh we'll make sure we are accountable to each other.  However, it seems like nothing changes.

I for one would start benching players that repeatedly do stupid things and not try to be buddy buddy with them.

It's harder to figure out the specifics that need to be done, rather than just saying "HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE", but I would like to know what others' takes are on the issue of accountability.

Make it apparently clear that if you can't perform up to the standards of the franchise we will find someone who will.  

In that vein, on offense i think that Zane Beadles isn't in the long term plans, I think that Lewis will be gone next season.  If Cann doesn't show improvement over the season he will probably have some competition.  

On DEFENSE I don't know if we have a Safety on this football team.  I think that we will still be looking for help at corner.  I think that we might be looking for two to 4 edge players between leo and strong side end.  that's the biggest thing.  

Gus said it best, tolerate until you can replace.

I'm sure there are a handful of players they would love to bench and/or cut, but you still need a viable replacement to do it.

The only true head scratcher for me is Beadles, but maybe it's due to Shatley having a cast. Even so, Bowanko is waiting in the wings as well.

Per Vito Stellino, Davon House has been told he's not starting this week, Dwayne Gratz will get the start. Davon House has been the Jaguars best cover corner by far this year, I don't care about last week, DeAndre Hopkins will torch just about every corner in the league, especially if that team can't generate a pass rush. My question to Gus is, why is Chris Clemons still getting meaningful snaps? He hasn't done anything this year, last weeks benching of Sergio Brown was strange, but this move is simply ridiculous. 

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015, 04:54 PM by rocdee.)

are you ready to listen to me?

FIRE DAVE CALDWELL!!

he's terrible

why are players like CYPRIEN and HOUSE and SERGIO in my life!?!

what did I do!?!

Meanwhile, on the bench, Demetrius McCray continues to wonder why Gus hates him so much. I mean, was it the whoopee cushion in the film room? That was a joke! Everyone laughed! Including Gus!

So because he stopped him most of the game, but the stupid game plan didn't give him the help he should have had all game, you bench him? Sure he hasn't been a shut down corner, but he has been the best CB for the Jags. Bench the DC for not giving help against the only WR the Texans have.

House had a bad 4th Qtr last week, but come on.  He was all over the field most of the day.  Dumb demotion.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

That's silly. They left him out there on an island against a top 5 wr. What did they expect?

Our best two corners have been benched lol

What does Caldwell have to do with a lineup change?

because he's terrible, that's why

dude is stealing money

HES AWFUL

that's why GB was doing cartwheels when he left

Quote:are you ready to listen to me?

FIRE DAVE CALDWELL!!

he's terrible

why are players like CYPRIEN and HOUSE and SERGIO in my life!?!

what did I do!?!

This has nothing to do with Dave, this has everything to do with Gus and his incompetence and terrible leadership as a coach. He doesn't have the balls to bench Chris Clemons.