Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL MLB Playoff Thread***

Quote:Arrietta was fantastic for the first half of the game then he became vulnerable. Two hard hit balls with bases loaded right at an infielder could have tipped the game to the Pirates. I don't know whether to credit or criticize Maddon for not bringing in some relief.

Cubs are 8-11 against the Cards this year with 4 of those wins coming mid-late September when the Cards were resting players. The Cubs batting average is 29th in the league this year and I don't think they have enough fire power to win a long series. However, Lackey, Garcia, and Lance Lynn are all pitching well but Michael Wacha has be horrible his last few starts.

I was debating earlier this season with someone on this board (don't remember who) who claimed of all the sports baseball was the one of which the manager had the least impact on the team's success. He claimed you could manage purely by Sabermetrics alone.

Hmmmfff..........................look at the Cubs from last year without Maddon and this year with him.

Regards........................the Chiefjag

Cubs don't have enough fire power? Schwarber, Bryant, Rizzo, Castro, Soler, Fowler and Russell beg to differ. Cubs win in 5.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cubs are 29th in batting average for the season dude! Those guys don't stack up to the fire power of the other teams in the playoffs, sorry.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Quote:Cubs are 29th in batting average for the season dude! Those guys don't stack up to the fire power of the other teams in the playoffs, sorry.

What does average have to do with anything? Don't you think scoring runs are a bit more important? Runs scored this year by the NL teams still in the playoffs:

CUBS - 689

Mets - 683

Dodgers - 667

Cardinals - 647

AL teams have scored more runs but they have a little thing called the DH which makes a bit of a difference and skews the numbers. The Cubs (that team with not enough fire power) scored more runs than any team left in the NL playoffs.

Road teams 4-0 so far

Cubs got spanked yesterday but hopefully they can rebound today. Rangers and Mets looking good so far.

I'm supporting the Mets based solely on the fact I met Daniel Murphy in London in 2013 and he bought me a beer.

Quote:What does average have to do with anything? Don't you think scoring runs are a bit more important? Runs scored this year by the NL teams still in the playoffs:

CUBS - 689

Mets - 683

Dodgers - 667

Cardinals - 647

AL teams have scored more runs but they have a little thing called the DH which makes a bit of a difference and skews the numbers. The Cubs (that team with not enough fire power) scored more runs than any team left in the NL playoffs.

Bump. Cubs don't have enough fire power? Six HRs against the Cards tonight to take a 2-1 lead.

Quote:Cubs are 29th in batting average for the season dude! Those guys don't stack up to the fire power of the other teams in the playoffs, sorry.

Nice call.

Man, I love October.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Really hope the Cubs and Mets finish their series tonight.

I'd love to see the Cubs get into The Series (since the Pirates didn't).
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'd love to see the Cubs get into The Series (since the Pirates didn't).

I would not mind seeing the Cubs matched up against KC/Houston winner. I like to see teams mostly stocked with homegrown talent.

It's been a great postseason so far and I'm guessing it'll only get better.

Quote:I'd love to see the Cubs get into The Series (since the Pirates didn't).

Well, you're one step closer. While I'm no huge Chicago fan, it is good to see a fanbase so energized.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Are the Rangers imploding? Three consecutive errors to start the 7th inning leaves the bases loaded & the Blue Jays down a run.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 07:05 PM by hendershot.)

Wow, the Rangers meltdown is complete. Tough way to go out with three consecutive errors on routine plays. I'd hate to be a Rangers fan.

I'm just wondering how many stanzas of chin music Joey Bats' stare down-bat flip combo is going to earn him.

What would happen if Rickey played today and did this? 

[Image: 2eQQln5.gif]

;

;

Quote:Man, I love October.

DEFINITELY !!

Quote:What would happen if Rickey played today and did this? 

[Image: 2eQQln5.gif]

nice find !!!