Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL MLB Playoff Thread***

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2015, 04:57 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

GO CUBS !!!

.... think I'll root for the Mets tonight vs the Dodgers.

Ultimately, a Cubs vs Royals world series would be nice

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:GO CUBS !!!

.... think I'll root for the Mets tonight vs the Dodgers.

Ultimately, a Cubs vs Royals world series would be nice

Oh sure, now you jump on the bandwagon.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:Oh sure, now you jump on the bandwagon.

:thumbsup:   Any team that beats the Cardinals is in good standing with me.

I've been a fan of the Cubs for 6 days now.

Being a die hard fan of the Mets and Jaguars, I almost forgot how it felt to be as excited and happy I was tonight. I can't imagine what it'll feel like when the Jags finally make it to the playoffs again. Let's go Mets!!!!!

Quote:I'm supporting the Mets based solely on the fact I met Daniel Murphy in London in 2013 and he bought me a beer.

Daniel Murphy has been nothing short of sensational through this point in time in the playoffs.   Five straight games with a HR is beyond extraordinary.   Great timing for Murphy,  who I believe is scheduled to be a FA after the season.

A sidenote.  Daniel Murphy is from Jacksonville.   I'm not sure if he still has a home in the Jax area.  

Also,  Cubs middle infielder Javier Baez went to high school in Jacksonville  ( Arlington Country Day. ).

Between the Cubs, Cards, Dodgers, Blue Jays and Royals, there are a lot of great teams battling it out.

Quote:Between the Cubs, Cards, Dodgers, Blue Jays and Royals, there are a lot of great teams battling it out.

Fixed.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Being a die hard fan of the Mets and Jaguars, I almost forgot how it felt to be as excited and happy I was tonight. I can't imagine what it'll feel like when the Jags finally make it to the playoffs again. Let's go Mets!!!!!
On the same boat, man.

The Jags are horrible but at least the Mets have made being a sports fan fun.

Quote:On the same boat, man.

The Jags are horrible but at least the Mets have made being a sports fan fun.

I couldn't agree more. I don't think that in my life I've ever looked more forward to a baseball game on a Sunday, rather than a football game. Until this past Sunday. Our pitching is looking unstoppable. I'm cautiously optimistic. But i really like our chances against what will probably be the Royals.

Mets are playing out of this world right now.

Daniel Murphy representing Bishop Kenny

Quote:Daniel Murphy representing Bishop Kenny

Bishop Kenny? No sir. Englewood High School. My alma mater as well as that of Rasheen Mathis.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Bishop Kenny? No sir. Englewood High School. My alma mater as well as that of Rasheen Mathis.
My apologies. I remember hearing BK a long time ago when he was featured on first coast news. Must have heard wrong.

Quote:My apologies. I remember hearing BK a long time ago when he was featured on first coast news. Must have heard wrong.

You might be thinking of Papelbon

;

;

Quote:Bishop Kenny? No sir. Englewood High School. My alma mater as well as that of Rasheen Mathis.

And the voice of the Jags, Mr Frank Frangie

;

;

Seems like with all the football over the weekend, the MLB season is over.  I almost forgot we still have the World Series on the horizon.

Now for the World Series of America!!!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Baseball isn't over?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I've been watching game 1 of the World Series, which is the only baseball I ever watch aside from occasionally watching SF Giants games. Anyways, I need help deciding who to root for between the Royals and Mets.

I'm leaning towards the Royals, but only because the Mets clearly have a bone headed outfielder.

Any other reasoning that should sway my opinion?

'02

Quote:I've been watching game 1 of the World Series, which is the only baseball I ever watch aside from occasionally watching SF Giants games. Anyways, I need help deciding who to root for between the Royals and Mets.

I'm leaning towards the Royals, but only because the Mets clearly have a bone headed outfielder.

Any other reasoning that should sway my opinion?

Mets 2nd baseman Daniel Murphy who has been the MVP of the playoffs thus far is from Jacksonville.  Englewood HS and Jacksonville University.

His playoff stats include 7 HRs in 9 games compared to the regular season 14 HRs in 130 games

That said, I'm for the small market KC Royals.  In this world of NO-Salary-Cap baseball, the Mets and Yankees traditionally went out and signed the top Free Agents (although this Mets team was build primarily from their farm system).